Misc Australian Mario Kart League: Ladder, Fixtures, Results!

• Thread starter armand66
  • Start date
  • Views 28,242
  • Replies 256
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

armand66

OP
No one fears the almighty dc over Luigis, Luigis is a race of pure hell, spun around times 1000 while devils are laughing at your futile attempts to win lol.

I know what you mean though man, lost some BIG points tonight, 3 races went horribly wrong, one dc, ugh.

A

armand66

OP
The 1v1 Ladder, Team Ladder, Tourney Ladder and Tournament 2 results have all been updated.

Due to dropping genx/bong out of the league, we have given any of his previous opponents a 2-1 FW for his matches, and will for the remainder of season 1. Due to this putting his team at a disadvantage points wise, in the team rankings, 3 wins-per week will be added to the blue bombs total.

Sadly, we didn't get the last 5 matches of week 2 played, which sucks given we'd had 11 played by saturday lol. All good though, and hopefully this week we'll get a lot of early entries race wise, with our new members in Marty_au, Mahoumaster, 2cb2ct7 all seeming pretty keen to play.

The standings are taking shape, and atm, Jerome is unbeaten, despite being on 10 points due to two, 2-1 forfeit wins. We've discussed ways we might be able to beat Jerome (whom also won tournament 2 with Vertabray i might add), atm they involve cutting off any body part Jerome can play MK with, or dropping a bomb on his house, whichever works best lol:P

Our "Bowser Tournament" begins this week, and we're letting it basically run, until its done, but we're hoping for it to be over within 2 weeks. Lots of points for participants, so i'm hoping everyone gets involved, as even turning up to the first round is worth it, and should be good fun. Details are on this page of the thread

Finally, every Wednesday night, one of myself/Dan/Vertabray will be hosting an all aussie MK room, around 7.30pm onwards. We're hoping each week we can get a good bunch of regulars together, have some friendly and fun GP's, Team GP's and some destructive Balloon Battles. Hope to see as many league members there each week as possible, and it might even help give some people a time to have a league match, before or after some friendlies.

Good luck this week to all members,

Ken.

Reactions: Cor7ez

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
armand66 said:
In the GROUP STAGE, the top four players from each group will go onto the SEMI-FINAL STAGE.

GROUP 1 TOP FOUR---> Semi Final 1
GROUP 2 TOP FOUR---> Semi Final 2
GROUP 3 TOP TWO----> Semi Final 1
GROUP 3 NEXT TWO---> Semi Final 2

The top 3 from each match in the SEMI FINAL STAGE will head onto the GRAND FINAL

Just a suggestion but wouldn't it be better to have the top 2 from each group go to Semi Final 1 then the next 2 go to Semi Final 2.

This way both semi finals are well balances as semi final 1 is all 1st and 2nds and Semi final 2 is all 3rd and fours also you will race 4 new racers in the semi final instead of 2.

A

armand66

OP
I thought about that initially, but it gives less chance of the best of the best making the grand final. Sort of like rewarding priority draft picks in footy for mediocrity (i should know, Carlton supporter here lol).

It means, the semi would see the best 6 in one match, and the winners would face the winners of the bottom half, i'd rather give more of a chance of the top 2 from each making the grand final, rather than potentially only have half of them in.

What i will do though.

GROUP 1 TOP FOUR---> Semi Final 1
GROUP 2 TOP FOUR---> Semi Final 2
GROUP 3 FIRST/FOURTH----> Semi Final 1
GROUP 3 SECOND/THIRD---> Semi Final 2

That gives Semi 1, with a top 4, and 1st and 4th, while also gives semi 2, a top 4, and a 2nd and 3rd.

So yeah, thats the only reason i'm doing it that way. 3rd and 4th players should have to face 1st and 2nds to earn their place in the final, not face only 3rds and 4ths. This way, potentially has 1st/2nd/1st, and 1st/2nd/2nd making the grand final, thats more balanced overall, as you'd rather see the grand final with the best players competing, rather than see half them competing against the lower ranked players from a bottom half match. If players knew that by finishing 3rd/4th they'd only be facing 3rd/4th players in a semi, they might be inclined to aim for 3rd/4th overall instead lol.

Of course, with the quality of the players we got, it's gonna be tough either way:P

example of current draw

GROUP 1: 1st - Beatnik, 2nd - Armada, 3rd - rick james, 4th - big chop
GROUP 2: 1st - Vertabray, 2nd - Muss, 3rd - Ronnieboy, 4th - Chaazziiee
GROUP 3: 1st - Jerome, 2nd - Elo, 3rd - Dan, 4th - Marty_au

Semi 1: Beatnik/Armada/rick james/big chop/Jerome/Marty_au
Semi 2: Vertabray/Muss/Ronnieboy/Chaazziiee/Elo/Dan

Might see Beatnik, Armada and Jerome through to the grand final in SEMI 1, and might see Vertabray, Muss, Elo to the grand final from SEMI 2.

If it was 1st/2nds in one semi, and 3rd/4ths in another, this could happen.
GROUP 1: 1st - Beatnik, 2nd - Armada, 3rd - rick james, 4th - big chop
GROUP 2: 1st - Vertabray, 2nd - Muss, 3rd - Ronnieboy, 4th - Chaazziiee
GROUP 3: 1st - Jerome, 2nd - Elo, 3rd - Dan, 4th - Marty_au

Semi 1: Beatnik/Armada/Vertabray/Muss/Jerome/Elo
Semi 2: rick james/big chop/Ronnieboy/Chaazziiee/Dan/Marty_au

That might see Jerome, Elo, Beatnik make the grand final, against 3rd and 4thers of Dan, Ronnieboy, rick james.

So yeah lol, i don't want people cruising into third/fourth overall, thinking that if they do, they have an easier semi to make the grand final, which is what could happen if we did it the other way.

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Didnt think of it that way. Sounds solid to me
smile.gif

A

armand66

OP
Lol sure sure, you just wanted to cruise into 3rd, then win in your semi, to keep your lead on the tournament standings. Thats what happens when you watch so much desperate housewives dude, corrupts your thinking lol:P

We've had 2 matches so far this week, and 2 forfeit wins due to the "non-player" for the blue bombs. 4 down, 12 to go for the week, and with some luck, we might see a few more played tonight.

I updated the ladder again, muss is making a move for the bombs hehe.

Muss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
trying my best anyway... seen my matches next week?, you and jerome yay
Do you take bribes?

A

armand66

OP
Lmao, well, you take out Jerome's house/internet connection/wii for me, and i might give you 3 wins heh:P

It'll be interesting to see how all the games unfold next week, for sure.

Hoping we don't have to play too many "position races" if people are tied overall, but we'll wait and see.

danielduvall

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So far we have the following ready to go tomorrow night for the GROUP 3 match of the BOWSERS PLAYGROUND TOURNAMENT.

Starting at 8pm AEST...

Dan
MahouMaster
Jerome
Elo

Just waiting on marty_au to confirm.

A

armand66

OP
Good luck in your group game tomorrow night all in the bowser tournament, should be some fun matches.

As far as 1v1 is going, only first day of the week and we had 4 matches played, as well as the 2 forfeit wins sorted, leaving only 10 matches to be played for the week. (Looks like week 3 might be our first week with all matches played, bar the non-player of the blue bombs of course lol)

Chaazziiee put up a decent showing, gaining a 1-2 loss to muss, while blitzing Mahoumaster 3-0.

Muss though, has stepped things up a bit, jumping ahead with his 2-1 win over chaz, and a belting of ronnieboy 3-0. Ronnieboy only had 1 regular loss till that point, so Muss did very well, and has put himself in a good chance going into the final week for a finals spot.

With games from Jerome, Dan, Ronnieboy, Elo, Beatnik and Vertabray to come though, the top 8 is going to be a very hard and close finish, and sadly a few very good players will just miss the cut in 2 weeks time.

In the first week, Elo had an unlucky start, losing to me 2-1, followed by running into the Jerome juggernaut 0-3, but in week 2 he put up some huge matches, beating Dan 2-1 and Beatnik 3-0, not an easy task in either match up.

So tomorrow night Elo faces Vertabray, in a game which can shape up the top 8 rather dramatically, a big win from Bray keeping him in contention for a top 2-4 spot, while a big win from Elo can catapult him into the 8 to fight it out for positions.

Look forward to hearing how the rest of the week goes, i'm sure we'll see some upsets as the week goes on.

Cor7ez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, I may have to watch my back over the coming weeks, literally
tongue.gif

Things are looking real interesting indeed, I wonder who the top 8 will consist of.

Looking forward to the Bowsers Playground Tournament hopefully later today!

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Chaazzi,Muss,Ronniboy and Voho

If you guys are keen lets get our Tourney action on 2moro night as well

I will PM each of you. Aiming for 8pm. Same time as the others

Once the race is completed Elo and I will have our weekly race.

danielduvall

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, marty_au is also in for tonight. So this is just a confirmation post to make sure we're all ready to go. . .

GROUP 3 match of the BOWSERS PLAYGROUND TOURNAMENT: Tonight, tuesday 13th @ 8pm AEST

Dan
MahouMaster
Jerome
Elo
marty_au

Room will up from 8pm, with an 8:10 start time.

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Good work Dan
smile.gif

Chaazzii & Ronniboy have both confirmed they are good 2 go tomorrow night 8pm

Just waiting on Muss and Voho

Voho, I noticed you haven't been active for some time. We will wait until the end of the week as this is a 2 week tourney. If I don't hear from you we will race without you.

Track 1: N64 Bowsers Castle
Track 2: Grumble Volcano
Track 3: GBA Bowsers Castle 3
Track 4: Bowsers Castle

BOWSERS PLAYGROUND TOURNAMENT

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ok,bowser tourney results :
Jerome 45
Elo 29
Dan 29
Marty
..well,apart from me totally messing up grumble and last one (we played gba bowser twice :/ ) was a good one hehe

Cor7ez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah GG's guys, that was fun and hectic. I think I ended up with 48 points though, because 2nd (9) + 1st (15) + 1st (15) + 2nd (9) = 48

I also had my match with Marty before the Bowser touney, I won 3-0

danielduvall

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, so after a delayed start, as usual (my nwfc connection was playing up), we got started, but unfortunately without MahouMaster. This meant that regardless of result, all 4 of us would go through. Still, the GP made for some hard, close and intense racing, with items and your use of them being quite vital.

We also ran into an issues where marty_au hadn't unlocked grumble or bowsers, so he couldn't vote for those tracks, and we ended up racing gba bowser twice. We will make sure this issues is addressed before the semi finals.

All in all, good fun racing tonight guys, cheers for making the time, see you in the semis !

A

armand66

OP
Lol sounds like fun guys. Those tracks, at least in 4 player+ usually make for some hectic races, so i'm glad you all had a blast at it.

Jerome and Marty_au will go through to Semi 1, while Elo and Dan will go through to Semi 2.

Atm, i'm still waiting on times for the GROUP 1 match, but it looks like saturday or sunday, in the afternoon or early evening is our best bet at all 6 being available.

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
vertabray said:
Good work Dan
smile.gif

Chaazzii & Ronniboy have both confirmed they are good 2 go tomorrow night 8pm

Just waiting on Muss and Voho

Voho, I noticed you haven't been active for some time. We will wait until the end of the week as this is a 2 week tourney. If I don't hear from you we will race without you.

Track 1: N64 Bowsers Castle
Track 2: Grumble Volcano
Track 3: GBA Bowsers Castle 3
Track 4: Bowsers Castle

BOWSERS PLAYGROUND TOURNAMENT

Hey guys.

No word from Voho yet. We will give him until Saturday. How is everyone placed for a Saturday Match with or without Voho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.