Misc Australian Mario Kart League: Ladder, Fixtures, Results!

• Thread starter armand66
  • Start date
  • Views 28,231
  • Replies 256
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

armand66

OP
Cheers man, for Tournament 3, i'm nominating GROUP ROOM HOSTS:

GROUP 1: Myself
GROUP 2: Vertabray
GROUP 3: Dan

It'll be up to each group host, to contact all their players, and work out a time that will suit all 6, and then set up a room on that night/day.

We've got a new player signed up, MahouMaster (your face) and his friend code is 3050-8296-0801.
Could everyone please add him asap, as he's already added everyone on the league listing.

MAHOUMASTER has replaced VOHO. We've been unable to contact voho all week, and instead of dish out more forfeits, have given Mahou the chance to race in his position.

Voho will still be legible for tournaments though, including the upcoming one.

A

armand66

OP
Atm, heading into saturday night, this is what we're looking at.

PLAYED THEIR WEEKLY 6 RACES

Armada
Beatnik
Marty_au
Big Chop
Vertabray

PLAYED HALF THEIR WEEKLY RACES
Chaazziiee
Ronnieboy
Elo
muss
iPANIC
tredes
Dan
Mahoumaster

PLAYED NO WEEKLY MATCHES YET
Jerome
Bong
2cb2ct7 (rick james)

Breaking it down into teams.
Red Lightning only have one match (3 races) to go.
Blue Shells only have two matches (6 races) to go.
Red Mushrooms have six matches (18 races) to go.
Blue Bombs have five matches (15 races) to go.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
results from me vs Dan.
First race Dan 1
Second race Me 1
Third race Me 2
2 - 1 to me
biggrin.gif

wohoo

fourth race Me 3
wink.gif

tongue.gif

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ohh,and on the team 2vs2 Blue Bombs ATE Red Lightning
smile.gif
..good work muss
biggrin.gif

man..luigis sure lived up to it's rep..blue shell on last straight..bamm..im like WTF.. somehow i passed Dan right on the goal line..wasnt sure till scores came up who was third
tongue.gif

A

armand66

OP
Lol yeah, had Dan got that placing on Luigis it woulda been tied overall, we were winning going into the last race too, but i fell in early, somehow got back into 2nd. I reckon i woulda caught you had i not fallen elo, i didn't get better than a peel for the rest of the race after my fall, and still nearly caught ya lol.

The final is now

Muss
Vertabray
Elo
Jerome

A

armand66

OP
lmao

i......don't.....know.

For some reason i thought you had no capitals in your name.....till.....now lol.

Muss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sure sure, you've got someting against me now dont ya.. must be all those red and blue shells ive been firing at you
smile.gif

A

armand66

OP
God, don't talk to me about red and blue shells, thats all i was seeing tonight, don't think i've seen that many in a single gp lol.

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
armand66 said:
Lol yeah, had Dan got that placing on Luigis it woulda been tied overall, we were winning going into the last race too, but i fell in early, somehow got back into 2nd. I reckon i woulda caught you had i not fallen elo, i didn't get better than a peel for the rest of the race after my fall, and still nearly caught ya lol.

The final is now

Muss
Vertabray
Elo
Jerome

Hey guys

What time is good for you?

7:30pm Sunday (2moro)?

PM me

genx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Week 2

ROUND 4
SNES Ghost Valley 2: Bong 1 vs Chaazziiee 0
GCN Mario Circuit: Bong 1 vs Chaazziiee 0
DS Desert Hills: Bong 1 vs Chaazziiee 0

Will be playing Ronnieboy tomorrow night.

Edit:

Whats with the 3 F.L for me ? Shouldn't it be 2 F.W and 1 F.L ?

A

armand66

OP
No, it is 3 forfeit losses, to both players for the race with ozmodchips, as after a few messages both ways last week, when i was reporting and trying to find out who was contacting who, neither of you replied to my pms.

Early on ozmodchips said he'd contacted you, then later you said the same, the game didn't get played, regardless of ozmodchips dropping out, which only happened this week.

Ronnieboy also got a 0-3 FL, despite Piepants being replaced this week, as he was in the same position. Same as you, both players, claimed late in the week they'd contacted their opponents, but when pmed by me, neither replied earlier in the week, despite being on, about whether they were doing anything about their games.

I had 4-5 players, who would have been able to claim 2-1 FW, because they all believe they contacted their opponents with reasonable times to be organized. If i go with giving everyone those FW, then i may as well dissolve the league, as people will just make outlandish times that they can only play at, and then force their opponent into a forfeit loss, or give themselves an easy forfeit win.

As it stands, we've already had plenty of people, who have made times, and haven't turned up, and then claimed their opponent was at fault. One of those players, actually tried this against Bray, and was asking me for a FW for Bray having not turned up, when he absolutely was online at the time.

So it comes down to it, the game didn't get played, neither player set a reasonable time or proved they attempted it, and therefore, its a 0-3 loss to both.

Giving both players a 2-1 FW for doing nothing, would not be fair.

A

armand66

OP
ROUND 3: Original: Moo Moo Meadows, Maple Treeway, Daisy Circuit
Jerome vs tredes
Ronnieboy vs Bong
2cb2ct7 vs muss

ROUND 4: Classic: SNES Ghost Valley 2, GCN Mario Circuit, DS Desert Hills
Jerome vs iPANIC
2cb2ct7 vs mahoumaster

That's all the games that need to be played to close WEEK 2 out.

ronnieboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Ronnieboy also got a 0-3 FL, despite Piepants being replaced this week, as he was in the same position. Same as you, both players, claimed late in the week they'd contacted their opponents, but when pmed by me, neither replied earlier in the week, despite being on, about whether they were doing anything about their games.

i was wondering why i got that..oh well its just a game

genx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
armand66 said:
No, it is 3 forfeit losses, to both players for the race with ozmodchips, as after a few messages both ways last week, when i was reporting and trying to find out who was contacting who, neither of you replied to my pms.

Early on ozmodchips said he'd contacted you, then later you said the same, the game didn't get played, regardless of ozmodchips dropping out, which only happened this week.

I had 4-5 players, who would have been able to claim 2-1 FW, because they all believe they contacted their opponents with reasonable times to be organized. If i go with giving everyone those FW, then i may as well dissolve the league, as people will just make outlandish times that they can only play at, and then force their opponent into a forfeit loss, or give themselves an easy forfeit win.

As it stands, we've already had plenty of people, who have made times, and haven't turned up, and then claimed their opponent was at fault. One of those players, actually tried this against Bray, and was asking me for a FW for Bray having not turned up, when he absolutely was online at the time.

So it comes down to it, the game didn't get played, neither player set a reasonable time or proved they attempted it, and therefore, its a 0-3 loss to both.

Giving both players a 2-1 FW for doing nothing, would not be fair.

I never received a PM by you regarding this at all, the only one from you was about making a Mario Kart Friends Channel to have some Balloon Battles, GPs and Team GPs. So you're wrong there.

I did set a reasonable time for OzModChips to play on 2 occasions, Wednesday night and Sunday night. Wednesday night, I was on during the night, like he asked me to and GBAtemp was down during the night, so it was very hard to communicate with him. He later sent me another PM that he will be free Sunday night after 9 pm, I replied that 9 pm Sunday night was fine with me. No show from him at all and I do HAVE proof that I attempted it, which you can ask vertabray as I had a scheduled match with him at 10 pm Sunday night. Since there was no show from OzModChips after 9 pm, I quickly PM'ed vetrabray after around 30 minutes of waiting that we could have our match ahead of time and we did.

I made 2 attempts to race OzModChips, both were no shows from him and I have proof that I attempted to setup a match on Sunday night.

I don't see how it should be 0-3 FL for making an effort through my busy life. I even PM my opponents the times that I am available at the beginning of the week, so that I can setup the matches asap.

A

armand66

OP
Dude, you think your the only person on here with other things to do?

According to you, i should award Ozmodchips, yourself, Ronnieboy, Piepants all 2-1 FW, because, you might have all been available to play at a certain time. Ozmodchips is also very busy, and while you gave him 2 nights, at specific times you'd be available, you dictated those times that you played then or nothing.

2cb took over from ozmod, so at this rate, every player last week, who didn't play a match, should be rewarded, because i guarantee you everyone else is also busy, and had times they could play, but didn't play, for one reason or another.

You told Bray you could only play weekends, late. Sunday night came, and after having changed your late match to a different night, and time, you played Bray. Bray was close to forfeiting, or close to claiming a forfeit over you. What happens if sunday night came, and he all of a sudden had to go out, for whatever reason? He was available every other weeknight, and all weekend. Should he have also been punished, if he hadn't turned up to the 10pm timeslot, which was on the last night of the week?

Scenario 1: Next week, i tell Marty and yourself, i can ONLY play at 12pm Thursday, Marty says fine, you say you can't, because your working, at uni, commitments etc. So my game with marty is played, but seeing as you can't make my time, why should i lose 0-3? According to your idea, i should gain a 2-1 win, because i'll make myself available at a time i dictated, and thats all, and if you didn't make the time, then your to blame.

But, in my way of thinking, i am the one being unreasonable, by only giving you a specific time, with no leeway given at all. So, in that instance, you should gain a 2-1 FW, not me. It works both ways.

Players stating they can only play, late at night, on the last night of the weekly scheduled match, is slightly unreasonable. Everyone here works, goes to uni, school, has husbands/wives/gfs/bfs and other commitments. The last day of the week makes someone not turning up to that match seemingly at fault, but have you thought that maybe their best available times were other days of the week? Ozmodchips didn't show sunday, what if his best nights were monday, tuesday, did you try and work around anything?

If i said to people, tough, turn up Sunday 11pm, if you don't, not my fault, and they lose, i would be the person being unreasonable. I wouldn't do that, if i can't play during a week because i can't work out a better neutral time, i'd give them the FW.

My sister got told by you, you could only play sat LATE or sun LATE. She had little to no choice bar LATE wednesday but those according to you. She played you earlier before heading out, had she not played you tonight, she wouldn't have been able to play you LATE tomorrow coz she'll be out, but she was able to every other night of the week. So, again, you would have claimed the forfeit win, despite the fact, that she's the one who's gone out of her way to make your time.

The game is supposed to be about fun, but also, about people trying to find a good neutral way of playing one another. It's one thing to say these are most likely your best free times, its another to tell someone a few times, late times at that, and offer no leeway, basically forcing them to turn up, or forfeit.

"I don't see how it should be 0-3 FL for making an effort through my busy life."

Then i'll make your life a little less busy. If it's so busy that this is such an effort, thats fine, you dont have to worry about the league then. I don't think telling someone 2 times late, is making an effort. I think the person having to work around their own schedule to make those times, is the one making the effort.

genx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
armand66 said:
Dude, you think your the only person on here with other things to do?

According to you, i should award Ozmodchips, yourself, Ronnieboy, Piepants all 2-1 FW, because, you might have all been available to play at a certain time. Ozmodchips is also very busy, and while you gave him 2 nights, at specific times you'd be available, you dictated those times that you played then or nothing.

2cb took over from ozmod, so at this rate, every player last week, who didn't play a match, should be rewarded, because i guarantee you everyone else is also busy, and had times they could play, but didn't play, for one reason or another.

You told Bray you could only play weekends, late. Sunday night came, and after having changed your late match to a different night, and time, you played Bray. Bray was close to forfeiting, or close to claiming a forfeit over you. What happens if sunday night came, and he all of a sudden had to go out, for whatever reason? He was available every other weeknight, and all weekend. Should he have also been punished, if he hadn't turned up to the 10pm timeslot, which was on the last night of the week?

Scenario 1: Next week, i tell Marty and yourself, i can ONLY play at 12pm Thursday, Marty says fine, you say you can't, because your working, at uni, commitments etc. So my game with marty is played, but seeing as you can't make my time, why should i lose 0-3? According to your idea, i should gain a 2-1 win, because i'll make myself available at a time i dictated, and thats all, and if you didn't make the time, then your to blame.

But, in my way of thinking, i am the one being unreasonable, by only giving you a specific time, with no leeway given at all. So, in that instance, you should gain a 2-1 FW, not me. It works both ways.

Players stating they can only play, late at night, on the last night of the weekly scheduled match, is slightly unreasonable. Everyone here works, goes to uni, school, has husbands/wives/gfs/bfs and other commitments. The last day of the week makes someone not turning up to that match seemingly at fault, but have you thought that maybe their best available times were other days of the week? Ozmodchips didn't show sunday, what if his best nights were monday, tuesday, did you try and work around anything?

If i said to people, tough, turn up Sunday 11pm, if you don't, not my fault, and they lose, i would be the person being unreasonable. I wouldn't do that, if i can't play during a week because i can't work out a better neutral time, i'd give them the FW.

My sister got told by you, you could only play sat LATE or sun LATE. She had little to no choice bar LATE wednesday but those according to you. She played you earlier before heading out, had she not played you tonight, she wouldn't have been able to play you LATE tomorrow coz she'll be out, but she was able to every other night of the week. So, again, you would have claimed the forfeit win, despite the fact, that she's the one who's gone out of her way to make your time.

The game is supposed to be about fun, but also, about people trying to find a good neutral way of playing one another. It's one thing to say these are most likely your best free times, its another to tell someone a few times, late times at that, and offer no leeway, basically forcing them to turn up, or forfeit.

"I don't see how it should be 0-3 FL for making an effort through my busy life."

Then i'll make your life a little less busy. If it's so busy that this is such an effort, thats fine, you dont have to worry about the league then. I don't think telling someone 2 times late, is making an effort. I think the person having to work around their own schedule to make those times, is the one making the effort.

Biggest load of crap I've read in a while.

Those 2 nights were made by Ozmodchips himself and I agreed on them with him.

The race between me and vetrabray already happened and it happened earlier than the set time, so there's no need for any story of forfeiting.

I ask for my opponent's free time, tell them the times I'm available and we both map out when we are both available to race. Nothing like your scenarios at all. I didn't force anybody to forfeit any races with me until it goes pass the deadline. I was suppose to race with ronnieboy at night but he couldn't and then so we both agreed on Sunday night.

After ronnieboy's match, I will get rid of myself from the League to make you happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1