Misc Australian Mario Kart League: Ladder, Fixtures, Results!

• Thread starter armand66
  • Start date
  • Views 28,238
  • Replies 256
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

armand66

OP
Heya 2c, whats your name on Mario Kart, or is it the same as your gbatemp name?

A

armand66

OP
Can everyone make sure to have added

Marty: 0001-3411-6216

and

2cb2ct7: 3050 7845 9881

Marty took over from Boxhunter, and 2cb has taken over from ozmodchips.

Marty has already played one of his matches, and only now needs to play ronnieboy, while Dan is organizing 2cb to play his matches, which are muss and voho for this week.

Tonight Vertabray is hosting one of the 2v2 semi-finals, which atm is Vertabray, Chaazziiee, ronnieboy, Jerome. If one of those 4 cannot turn up to the 7.30pm timeslot, Lisa_ will be the replacement driver in the GP.

On saturday 1pm AEST, i'm hosting the other semi-final, which is myself, Dan, muss and Elo.

Sunday night, 8pm, the 2v2 final will be held.

The last few nights, myself, dan, muss, beatnik, chaaziiee, Vertabray have been having some fun Gp's, Team Gp's, Balloon Battles. We want to make one night a week for an "aussie league fun night", hoping to get a regular bunch of aussie mario karters from the league and tourneys to come into a room for an hour or 2, and just have some friendly matches on a regular basis.

We're not sure what night a week suits the majority best, but we're thinking perhaps an early weeknight. Hopefully it would also help getting more people interested in having their league matches played earlier etc.

A

armand66

OP
No worries Lisa.

2cb2ct7's Mario Kart wii name is Rick James for those wondering whom he is once you've added him heh.

EDIT: For those interested, Dan, myself and Vertabray are currently discussing the formation of our own website down the track. We plan on sticking to Mario Kart Wii as our premiere title to begin with, before expanding in the future to include games such as Mario Strikers, Smash Bros, PES 2008 etc etc.

We will be aiming to have future prizes for tournaments, league winners and so on, but that is in the future, for now the league's as is.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ok,in me and beatniks match I won all the three races..was in good form tonight
smile.gif

Elisa_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
armand66 said:
No worries Lisa.

2cb2ct7's Mario Kart wii name is Rick James for those wondering whom he is once you've added him heh.

EDIT: For those interested, Dan, myself and Vertabray are currently discussing the formation of our own website down the track. We plan on sticking to Mario Kart Wii as our premiere title to begin with, before expanding in the future to include games such as Mario Strikers, Smash Bros, PES 2008 etc etc.

We will be aiming to have future prizes for tournaments, league winners and so on, but that is in the future, for now the league's as is.
Ooo Website, is it going to be like a free website or a real .com (etc..) ? and I'm gonna be on Friday, just PM me your time that suits you.

A

armand66

OP
No, i'll be staying away from the horrid free websites and forums that abound online lol.

We are aiming for a .com website, with our own forums set up, and hopefully down the track, sponsorship by some online gaming companies etc.

We will be starting with Mario Kart as our main title, but will looking to expand once we have a solid and committed mario kart community. Once we're a few seasons in, prizes for tourney winners, league winners will be organized, either through sponsors or some other way.

Elisa_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kewlzors, maybe I should like donate or something
tongue.gif
or we should wait for sponsors. =] Good Luck, oh and is the forum gonna be in IPB or vBulletin?

A

armand66

OP
Haven't worked out the details yet, but most likely IPB. We plan to hold very close links with gbatemp as well.

I will purchase the .com, as well as hosting when the time comes.

I'll also be looking at gaming companies for sponsorship, through advertising on the site in the form of banners/images for those specific companies.

There is a lot to work out, but i'll be discussing it with Dan and Bray over the coming weeks, and we'll be aiming for a domain name and logo that is simple, but allows for expansion. So, the website wont be www.aussiemariokartleagues.com or anything to that idea lol, but will be something that will allow for games from Smash Bros through to COD 5 to take part, down the track.

We will start the website solely running the Mario Kart League, and we will work our way outward. To be focused as a premiere Australian Gaming league, with meet-up tournaments, gaming media link ups, is what we'd like to aim for.

kob2040

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey y'all im looking for people to play this game with -

mario kart wii code -

2707 1967 0737

Elisa_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kob2040 said:
hey y'all im looking for people to play this game with -

mario kart wii code -

2707 1967 0737
This thread has the word "Australian" on it, I don't think your in australia judging from your flag =]

Elisa_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gj armand, 3-0. I wasn't in shape to be playing with oily hands
tongue.gif
Just finished cooking fish and chips for me +].

A

armand66

OP
Fish n chips, one big wth lol.

Although its pretty cold in melbourne today, so a warm meal can make some sense.....

More GP's i play the more i get mirror.

EDIT: Ladders updated, 7 of 16 matches played, with a few matches played tonight. Lets hope we can get all matches played for the week with no forfeits, that'd be sweet, and make my life a whole lot easier lol.

Also, our 2v2 tourney match, Dan, myself, Elo and muss, is likely to be 7pm Saturday night now, barring any further delays lol.

A

armand66

OP
Ok, as of 6.30pm Friday evening, this is what we're looking at stats wise.

PLAYED THEIR WEEKLY 6 RACES
Armada
Beatnik
Marty_au
Big Chop

PLAYED HALF THEIR WEEKLY RACES
Chaazziiee
Vertabray
Ronnieboy
Elo
muss
iPANIC
tredes
Dan

PLAYED NO WEEKLY MATCHES YET
Voho
Jerome
Bong
2cb2ct7 (rick james)

A

armand66

OP
(Tournament 2 is nearly over, so now we are setting up tournament number 3, which is a themed, solo knockout tournament.)
--------------------------------OFFICIAL GBATEMP AUSSIE MARIO KART TOURNEY #3--------------------------------------

tourney-3.gif

This is a BOWSERS THEMED TOURNAMENT. It will run over 2 weeks, as finding the right time to get all 6 players into a match isn't always an easy task.

The tracks, for each group, and each round of the tournament will be exactly the same:

Track 1: N64 Bowsers Castle
Track 2: Grumble Volcano
Track 3: GBA Bowsers Castle 3
Track 4: Bowsers Castle

Each player, will need to pick those courses in order during the GP, so as to guarantee the track choice.

In the GROUP STAGE, the top four players from each group will go onto the SEMI-FINAL STAGE.

GROUP 1 TOP FOUR---> Semi Final 1
GROUP 2 TOP FOUR---> Semi Final 2
GROUP 3 TOP TWO----> Semi Final 1
GROUP 3 NEXT TWO---> Semi Final 2

The top 3 from each match in the SEMI FINAL STAGE will head onto the GRAND FINAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.