Australian Classification Board rating sees Red Dead Redemption 2 PC port rumors go wild once more

QlwmC38.png

Everyone's favorite reveal-spoiler machine, the Australian Classification Board, known for inadvertently leaking the announcements of localizations and releases of games like Persona Q2, Taiko Drum 'N Fun, and Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD, has a new rating to get gamers all worked up over. A new rating for Red Dead Redemption 2 has been spotted, having been filed on August 20, 2019, almost an entire year after the release of the game, back in October 2018. The new classification doesn't have any changes to the original--still being rated MA 15+ for sale in Australia, though amusingly, it was refused a rating before being a re-submission and then approval--except for one: the lack of listing any platforms for the game.

This also occurs at a rather interesting time; Rockstar just released its own launcher for PC, causing rumors to go wild with anticipation of a possible Red Dead Redemption 2 PC port, which could be exclusive to their new launcher. This isn't the first time that hints of a potential PC port of the game have cropped up; prior to the console release of RDR2, Linkedin profiles for programmers at Rockstar had noted that they had prior experience working at the company, on a PC port for Red Dead Redemption 2. So far, nothing has ever come from these rumors and little tidbits of information, but it still is quite notable that Rockstar has decided on re-registering the game's rating, and specifically omitting the platform. Regardless, this by no means confirms anything, but merely adds more fuel to the rumor fire.

:arrow: Source

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Been holding out for the PC version for literally this. Wish I'd done that with GTA5 instead of getting the PS3 version first.
One thing I hated about rdr 2 was not having fast travel and it made hunting a chore. A fast travel mod alone will be enough reason for me to buy and play it again.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely a must buy again for me just for the 60fps and mods.
I don't care much for the 60 FPS, for me it runs pretty good on my PS4 Pro and the aiming is mostly all automatic on the console so it doesnt matter much the 60 FPS for me... But I hate the blur, when the resolution drops on the PS4 Pro it gets too damn blurred that my eyes melt and I also would love to see where would RDR2 go with the community modding it, I was hoping to have at least the first cars ever on the RED DEAD game, it would be cool to drive a car in the wild west.

I remember in the 1st RDR near the end the 1st car that was showing up and thought we could drive it, got so disappointed that we couldnt drive it :(. This on PC would be a whole different thing, even the wright brothers airplane could be in the game (however would be out of place for the year where RDR2 is but who cares) :grog:.

Last edited by guily6669,
D

Deleted User

This game really didn't do anything for me personally, but it's good to see it coming to other platforms. It's plain to see why Rockstar is purposely releasing it long after the initial console versions though.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What, that's just stupid, GTA like games without mods on PC is like a F* joke... If I wanted to play the game original I'd just play in the console, every time I played a GTA in the PC was because of mods unless back in the GTA II or GTA III, the PC I played GTA III back then couldnt even play the original game any good, ~15fps :ph34r: lol.

Had a great time back in the days of GTA SA online, in fact it was way better than any GTA Online from Rockstar, that thing had almost no limits, it had RPG play, it had all crap 4 really...

Reactions: IncredulousP

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope having only one exclusive works out as well for them as it did for Bethesda's launcher. Then again, this is RDR2 and that was Fallout 76, so I won't get my hopes up too much.
Gta 5 will be exclusive too, they've already started pulling it from game streaming services such as Nvidias GeForce now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...