Hacking Aureinand (Luma3DS now apparently) NTR FIRM not working

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,895
  • Replies 16
D

Deleted User

OP
EDIT: i got it working but now i get infinite loops when launching games, i assume tomodachi life isn't compatible?

YES, it's a n3ds

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
if you've upgraded to the latest release of Luma (5.2 at this time of writing) from Aurei, then make sure you rename the aurei folder on the root of your 3ds to luma
that's what i'm doing, but NTR didn't work with the Aureinand that i had before which ws 4.2.. i just realized how horribly outdated i was, even though i installed it not too long ago

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that's what i'm doing, but NTR didn't work with the Aureinand that i had before which ws 4.2.. i just realized how horribly outdated i was, even though i installed it not too long ago
Have you made sure that the proper firmware.bin is inside the luma folder? here is a breakdown of my directory to show you how it should be and i can confirm NTR 3.4 preview 2 is working for me on Luma 5.2

k9Bi4Ix.png

Out of curiosity, how are you using Luma? A9lH/Menuhax, Updated SysNand or Emunand?

Reactions: The Super Other
D

Deleted User

OP
Have you made sure that the proper firmware.bin is inside the luma folder? here is a breakdown of my directory to show you how it should be and i can confirm NTR 3.4 preview 2 is working for me on Luma 5.2

k9Bi4Ix.png

Out of curiosity, how are you using Luma? A9lH/Menuhax, Updated SysNand or Emunand?
menuhax with ctrbootmanager

VSf5qLo.png

EDIT: i used this one
A6WnjBP.png

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Hmm... have you installed the latest BootNTR.cia and made sure that ntr.bin is also on the root of the SD card?
i just installed luma and preview2, i'm testing it now. and yes, ntr.bin was at the root

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So apparently it was some sort of user fault, Aurei 4.2 wasn't compatible with ntr 3.4 or whatever the previews run on

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just installed luma and preview2, i'm testing it now. and yes, ntr.bin was at the root

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So apparently it was some sort of user fault, Aurei 4.2 wasn't compatible with ntr 3.4 or whatever the previews run on

Glad to hear its working for you now by the sounds of it :)

D

Deleted User

OP
Now i'm getting errors connecting to my 3ds with NTR debugger... i turned my firewall and antivirus off, turned on debugging on my 3ds, and have python 2.7 installed...

And i know my 3ds IP

Code:
> connect('192.168.2.28', 8000)
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.28:8000
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
   at ntrclient.NtrClient.connectToServer()
   at ntrclient.ScriptHelper.connect(String host, Int32 port)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`3.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run5[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4)
   at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction`5.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run2[T0,T1,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
   at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.RunWorker(CodeContext ctx)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.Execute(ScriptScope scope)
   at ntrclient.CmdWindow.runCmd(String cmd)

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its because you have a space after the coma before putting in the port number.

connect('192.168.2.28', 8000)

should be

connect('192.168.2.28',8000)

D

Deleted User

OP
Super mystery dungeon runs at a constant 10-15fps, meh, it's playable, then again i'm over 3 meters away from my router

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Super mystery dungeon runs at a constant 10-15fps, meh, it's playable, then again i'm over 3 meters away from my router

yeh the distance you are from your router is a big factor in it, along with certain parameters you can set in the remoteplay() command. I've seen others using mobile phones as wifi hotspots to great results so you could also try that if your pc has a wireless card or some variety. I done a mario kart 7 test and while my router is infront of me, i have inside the description the parameters i used for both ntrviewer and ntrclient

D

Deleted User

OP
yeh the distance you are from your router is a big factor in it, along with certain parameters you can set in the remoteplay() command. I've seen others using mobile phones as wifi hotspots to great results so you could also try that if your pc has a wireless card or some variety. I done a mario kart 7 test and while my router is infront of me, i have inside the description the parameters i used for both ntrviewer and ntrclient

my phone doesn't have service and my pc is horrible with hotspots.. although i'm sure i can come up with a workaround

Reactions: Hellhacker1990

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Hey, VSauce. Where are your fingers?