Hacking AuReiNAND finished, now can i set up a emuNand?

p64imp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious... i followed this guide through to the end:

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-AuReiNAND)

and i was wondering if it's possible now for me to set up a emunand and downgrade emunand to 9.2? Or am i going to break it? He had me do all kinds of crazy things to install this CFW and i don'tknow if setting up a emuNand on top of this is going to mess things up...

Trying to get my gateway card functionality back!

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have a pre-a9lh 9.2 sysnand backup, I believe. Make a copy of that as an emunand.bin, set up emunand, and restore that image to it. That should save you the hassle of downgrading an emunand. You'll most likely want to unlink it, of course.

p64imp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one last question... after following this guide, what would happen if i format? My connection to the eshop is broken and i'm deciding if its worth it to try to restore that. I mean, if i format now, being my sysnand is set up the way it is with CFW, will it just revert back to stock 10.7, un-doing everything i did to get it set up on the cfw?

So confused...

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AuReiNAND blocks firm writes, which means updating or formatting won't remove A9LH. Using the stock format wipes the SD card though, I believe, which means you'd need to copy your A9LH payload and CFW files back. TinyFormat should be an easier option, but just to be safe, boot Decrypt9WIP from A9LH and make a sysnand backup - if you're not happy with what you end up with after the format, just reboot back to Decrypt9WIP and restore your system.

p64imp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but what made me curious about it though is that in the tut he said if the sd card is removed the console wont boot. I get that i can just copy the files right back again, but i was concerned that w/e is going in in the background would end up doing something i don't want after i do a format that would remove the boot options, prevent me from booting, etc.

if i make a sd backup, a sysnand backup, run a system format, hit the market and log back in, then copy the files back to my sd card, then do a sysnand restore, that should be all there is to it?

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't want to restore sysnand after the format, it will restore you back to exactly how you are now, where your eshop doesn't seem to be working. Since your sysnand is still through AuReiNAND, writes to firm0/firm1 are blocks and a format won't mess with a9lh. You still won't be able to boot the system without an SD in it, and without the payload on the SD it will just shut down, but copying the payload and CFW files back to the SD card would be the only thing you'd need to do. TinyFormat will format without erasing the SD, though, so you may find that easier. I forget offhand if formatting with either will remove your FBI H&S, but you may need to re-inject it, so keep that in mind too.

What exactly is your error with the eshop? It might be something that can be fixed easier than a format, if you don't want to reinstall all of your .cia's / lose saves / etc.

p64imp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
error code 022-2634
an error has occured
please try again later

Thats the error i'm getting.

And apart from purchasing and updating apps, is there any other drawback? I.E. online play etc? I mean if its just that i cant buy games, or update youtube/netflix, i think i could survive without it...

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That error is usually solved by signing back in with your NNID in Nintendo Network Settings... Have you tried that, or does it give the same error? Did the problem start after you set up an emunand, or are you still running only an updated sysnand?

p64imp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i get the same error opening settings. i believe it started after installing emunand even though i immediately formatted sysnand after setup to unlink.

what value is it though to resolve tthis? is it just for purchase and update of apps? what will i miss out on if i just leave well enough alone?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh and currently i am running only cfw sysnand. no emunand.

p64imp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just checking back on this question:

what value is it though to resolve tthis? is it just for purchase and update of apps? what will i miss out on if i just leave well enough alone?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls