Auditing Wii artwork

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by hdhacker, Jul 3, 2009.

Jul 3, 2009

Auditing Wii artwork by hdhacker at 6:17 PM (625 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. hdhacker
    OP

Member hdhacker GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Now that there are a number of sites sharing artwork for USB Loaders, there's going to be an issue with the sites keeping in sync with the new releases and/or fixes.

For example, someone was kind enough to upload a missing disc image on my site. If someone had downloaded all the images from me yesterday, they would be missing this image, too and probably wouldn't realize it. Same goes for updates. For example, the NTSC covers for Kolona and Sims Castaways were wrong. I fixed them on my site, but unless you pay attention to the file dates, you will miss that update.

There are tools used to verify files like Clrmame Pro we can implement to ensure we are all sharing the same files. Of course, comparing images can be problematic. If I have a copy of an image that's compressed differently than someone else, it's going to show up as different, even though the image themselves are identical. I don't think that's a bug issue as long as we all use the same tools to compress the PNG files to their maximum possible level using a tool like PNG Gauntlet.

We can use a tool like CLR Mame Pro on a ZIP or RAR of the images to test them. Does anyone have any other ideas?