Audiophiles

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
imshortandrad said:
The Pi said:
I'm no Audiophile but I refuse to use anything other than apple earphones.

apple earphones?! BAHAHA. xD those are awful.
I don't care what anyone says. I love them
wub.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Matt140 said:
Blaze163 said:
Dunno what audiophile means but my headphones are cheap ones I picked up from a 99p store. They work fine so I see no real reason to pay anything extra. They sometimes seem to emphasize odd parts of songs so some of my MP3's have a different feel when I listen via headphones, but that's actually kinda cool.

Basically, a person who is obsessed with getting the highest quality sound.
Audio = sound
phile = attraction/affinity

wink.gif

remixer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've never been what you'd call an audiophile. but i like high quality music ..i can't stand kids who think the only range in music runs less than 1000hz (bassy for the uninformed)
i cant see the point in people paying the earth for headphones with a range only whales and dogs can hear ..

Simple test.. get some GOOD high quality headphones with a WIDE frequency response.. get a signal generator and test yourself and the headphones

Usually headphones run from 20hz to 20000hz they say the average human can hear up to 18000hz (note i said average)

i was tested about 20 years ago (when i was 16) they cranked they signal generator up in a BLIND test turning it of and on and me telling them when i could hear the noise.. i got to 21275hz before i couldn't hear anything higher .. therefore a good set of headphones is good for me as i need that dynamic range
however some people we tested couldn't get beyond 16000hz .. so any shitty headphones would work for them

i guess my point being is .. get tested for YOUR frequency response .. then purchase headphones and audio equipment accordingly..
i've seen people who could'nt hear a jet engine go off next door, purchase some real nice audio equipment .. and i know they aren't hearing half of what the system is capable of .. i know i enjoy it much more than they do .. PITY ..

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Diablo1123 said:
Not an audiophile, do prefer FLAC though
But I've gotten to the point that my MP3 player is too full to put anymore flac on, I think I converted them to AAC at like 500 kbps?
500kbps is not very reasonable (is it even possible? idk). I would suggest using ~170kbps for an mp3 player.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
BionicC said:
J-shaped cord (the kind where one earphone has a longer cord than the other and you're supposed to drape it round the back of your neck)
OH. That's how you do it. ^^;

Anyways for me I don't care as long as the artifacts aren't normally noticeable. If you have to turn it up and look for them, then you're trying too hard and I'd be happy with the current quality.

Circum- or supra-aural headphones are my preference (supra and behind the neck =

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iffy525 said:
Diablo1123 said:
Not an audiophile, do prefer FLAC though
But I've gotten to the point that my MP3 player is too full to put anymore flac on, I think I converted them to AAC at like 500 kbps?
500kbps is not very reasonable (is it even possible? idk). I would suggest using ~170kbps for an mp3 player.
Its not possible with MP3, but I lied, it's Ogg Vorbis I used not AAC
Amazingly I've got a MP3 player that supports
smile.gif

Not as good as FLAC, but better than 320kbps MP3

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pi said:
Apple earphones!
ohmy.gif
My god! I think we will call you an anti-phile. I've had £7 phones sound better then those things.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mantis41 said:
The Pi said:
Apple earphones!
ohmy.gif
My god! I think we will call you an anti-phile. I've had £7 phones sound better then those things.
Audiophobe, perhaps. Not anti-phile.
Haven't used Apple headphones, and I'm not in any hurry either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality