Hacking WIP Audio Driver (We don't know if it works)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 14,599
  • Replies 53
  • Likes 7

SkillingCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nonsense
Sound driver will not brick the damn system.
Ofc it won't, still there are guys who are desperately waiting for bricks...
Obviously they didn't even try to boot Linux on their switch, if so they would've known that it's just about reading/writing some values on a microSD card, which has nothing to do with the system itself...

Last edited by SkillingCat,
Reactions: Type_O_Dev
D

Deleted User

OP
i dont know found a user reporting lcd issues after using linux and many report battery issues im staying away for now

D

Deleted User

OP
Drivers won't really do anything without device tree modifications to tell the drivers which registers/devices to use and link together. Otherwise it won't know, say, which GPIO the headphone detect is.

Yeah they talked about the routing

cmsj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Drivers won't really do anything without device tree modifications to tell the drivers which registers/devices to use and link together. Otherwise it won't know, say, which GPIO the headphone detect is.

Yup. This. Let's leave it for a few days and I'm sure the #f0f folk will make some progress :)

Edit: Also even if the audio driver doesn't work, this is still overall good news because it's a newer kernel than the f0f switch-linux repo, which is still nice to have.

Last edited by cmsj,

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have any if you tried to compile and boot a fresh kernel all from the switch itself?

I know that some make it habit and feel is regular practice to always compile a fresh
kernel from source after a fresh OS install.

I am curious, and gives me motivation to try and see if we cane get this updated kernel
working this way. I would love to see the audio driver working.

Reactions: Deleted User

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
https://github.com/tardyp/switch-linux/commit/9ab9a019fdf1275f1dd6b911bd7f37cb49738cbe
https://github.com/tardyp/switch-linux/tree/rebase_4.17

needs to be included inside Rootfs Kernel , or compile the 4.1.7 kernel from tardyp and insert the kernel to the rootfs

i didnt try it good luck
Here's a crazy idea: TEST THE DAMN THING BEFORE MAKING A USELESS THREAD!!!
I'm certainly not. I'm not risking damaging my console. Good fucking luck, indeed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For all I know it might put out too much power and blow my speakers, it's software-controlled voltage, after all.

Insom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is false please dont listen to this guy

f0f has said they fried a switch's screen messing with linux
That had nothing to do with setting up new drivers. The person posting is already dealing with the system proper... sounds drivers are NOT going to brick his Switch.

Reactions: Centergaming

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM