ATTN TEMPS, A CALL TO ARMS!!!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by [M]artin, Jul 24, 2007.

Jul 24, 2007

ATTN TEMPS, A CALL TO ARMS!!! by [M]artin at 6:26 AM (1,080 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. [M]artin
    OP

Member [M]artin .

United States
    First off, I want to thank you for taking your time to read this, I really appreciate it. Allow me to start off by describing my situation.

I few days ago a picked up a PSP for my younger bro-ski's 12th B-Dizzle, everything was perfect except for the fact that it contained 2.82 firmware... [​IMG] As you may know, if I want to fully unlock the potential of this PSP, any copy of Lumines or an Unpatched version of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories is required. No sweat, I thought to myself, and I embarked on a mission that lasted almost a week in search of any one of these games. Now, as one full week approaches, I have given up. I've journeyed to every Gamestop and GameCrazy in Chicago (literally, I kid you not) with no sign of Lumines at all. I've even went as far as to search out copies of this game in surrounding towns (Cicero, Berwyn, Why Do You All Hate Me So?) All I had to show was stumbling upon 4 copies of Liberty City Stories, all of which were unfortunately PATCHED. [​IMG]

So after a week of UMD-hunting, I came up empty handed. Fortunately, I remembered what a great community GBAtemp is and wondered if perhaps there were a few Temps that would be willing to help me out. If you would take a moment to read the following options, I would greatly appreciate it.

HERE'S HOW YOU CAN HELP:

---> If you or someone you know currently owns a copy of Lumines for the PSP (the first one, not to be mistaken for the sequel, PICTURE OF THE COVER CAN BE FOUND HERE) please drop me a P.M. or post here and perhaps we can work out a "borrow method" (you ship me Lumines, I use software upgrade on the PSP, I ship it back to you the day after I receive it. All shipping will be paid by me and you can check my feedback under the trading forums if you are unsure.) Also, if you know what an unpatched version of GTA:LCS is/looks like (2.00, NOT 2.60) and you happen to own it, please consider sending it my way for a day.
    To determine if your copy of GTA:LCS is unpatched, here's what you do:
    - Stick your GTA:LCS UMD in the UMD slot
    - Move over to the Game tab in your XMB
    - Scroll upword and right above the Memory Stick icon should be an icon with a line that says "PSP Update Version X.XX"
    - The X.XX represent the numbers that will determine if your version is unpatched or not
    - 2.00 is UNPATCHED (that's what I need), anything other than that is PATCHED (it's usually 2.60, not what I need)

---> If you are heading out to your local game retailer anytime soon or happen to live near one, I'd greatly appreciate it if you would do a quick check to see if they have Lumines for the PSP in stock (new or used, doesn't matter). If you could report back to me here, letting me know if you found it or not, and if you did, how much the copy was. Perhaps I can send you the cash amount for the game and you can ship it to me.

Once again, I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to read this. I also want to thank you in advance if you choose to participate and help me complete this tedious goal.

Have a great day! [​IMG]

Martin

2. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    How do u know if GTA LCS is unpatched? [​IMG]

3. captain^k

Member captain^k GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Good luck! [​IMG]

4. [M]artin
    OP

Member [M]artin .

United States
    To determine if your copy of GTA:LCS is unpatched, here's what you do:

- Stick your GTA:LCS UMD in the UMD slot
    - Move over to the Game tab in your XMB
    - Scroll upword and right above the Memory Stick icon should be an icon with a line that says "PSP Update Version X.XX"
    - The X.XX represent the numbers that will determine if your version is unpatched or not
    - 2.00 is UNPATCHED (that's what I need), anything other than that is PATCHED (it's usually 2.60, not what I need)

5. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Its too bad that I just sold my unpatched LCS like 4 days ago, otherwise I would have helped you out. Good luck!

6. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Why don't you just sign up with Gamefly using their trial thing, rent the PSP game, do what you need to do, then send it back and cancel the trial?

7. [M]artin
    OP

Member [M]artin .

United States
    I'm trying to obtain the UMD before this Friday, so i don't know how fast Gamefly works, plus I hate all the junk mail (in real life) you get after canceling those free trials. A Temp-Borrow-Program would be the fastest, hassle-free way.

8. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    check yer pm, [M]artin

9. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    I've got an unpatched version of Lumines, and I've softmodded 17 PSP's now without a hassle. I do it for free as well [​IMG]

Lemme know if the guy above me can't help [​IMG]

10. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    I was hoping this topic was some sort of recruitment where us tempers were needed at another forum for some purpose...

that would've been fun [​IMG]

I'd help you out if I could martin, but I don't have a PSP buddy

11. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    I replied to your PM, but haven't heard back from you. Did you just not respond yet? [​IMG]