ATTN: Laptop owners with Nvidia graphics cards!!

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by da_head, Mar 15, 2009.

Mar 15, 2009
  1. da_head
    OP

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    if you've noticed, nvidia updates its m graphic cards much later than its desktop counter parts. personally i find this pretty annoying and unfair. for instance, the latest update on the nvidia site for my 9600m gt is 179.48. however, after a little digging around, i stumbled upon this awesome site:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

basically, they take the desktop drivers, and make em compatible for laptops! i updated mine to 185.26 personally. though as always, use at your own risk.

enjoy

2. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Im not sure but i think these people also make drivers for people with old cards that the current nvidia drivers refuse to install on (but the drivers themselves work fine with them).

3. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    does this work with the Linux drivers?

4. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    It is (mainly if not solely) simply a change in the .inf files to include the device IDs of mobile cards (or other cards). Linux drivers are highly restriced so the level of freedom under linux is something I wouldn't know.

Mind you the latest drivers aren't always the best (for your video card) or your game.