BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what your thinking, were pirates and can get this for free anyways, but this is just too good to be true.

I recently found out about an incredible deal that Autodesk is offering with their products. On students.autodesk.com, Autodesk is now offering their products FREE OF CHARGE to students. (I’m not entirely sure if this means only college students; high school students may give it a try as well. I ‘think’ the only requirement is that you have a school email address.) It seems almost too good to be true, but the products that they offer include the following:

3D Studio Max
Maya 2011
MotionBuilder
Mudbox
Sketchbook Pro
3D Studio Max Design
Softimage
Showcase
AutoCAD
AutoCAD Architecture
AutoCAD Civil 3D
AutoCAD Electrical
AutoCAD Freestyle
AutoCAD Map 3D
AutoCAD Mechanical
AutoCAD MEP
AutoCAD P and ID
AutoCAD Raster Design
AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite
AutoCAD Structural Detailing
Algor Simulation Professional
Alias Automotive
Ecotect Analysis
Impression
Inventor Professional
Navisworks Manage
Revit Architecture
Revit Structure
Robot Structural Analysis Professional

Is that incredible or what? They are all with a 13-month license (though some appear to be unlimited licenses?). These are all the MOST current versions of the products (Maya 2011, Softimage 2011, etc.). If you for some reason need an older version, you can get them, but they will have a shorter license (some 6-month). At this point I’m not sure if the 13-month licenses are renewable, but I would assume that as Autodesk releases new products (such as Maya 2012), these new products will be offered with their own 13-month licenses.

If you are looking to take advantage of this awesome software deal, simply go to students.autodesk.com and click the “Register” link on the upper right corner of the screen. Fill out all the information and activate your account and wal-lah! Over 25 products are at your fingertips!

But the free stuff doesn’t stop there! Autodesk has partnered with 3D World, the magazine, to provide an opportunity for learning to students. At http://autodesk.3dworldmag.com/ you can find tutorials for 3D techniques and tips for graduating students pursuing a career.

If you would like yet another avenue for keeping updated with Autodesks free offers, you can check them out on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/Autodeskedcommunity.

Thank you, Autodesk, for being so awesome!

Im currently dling maya2011.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Ive known this for years
tongue.gif

the annoying thing is that the "CREATED ON A STUDENT EDITION" logo around the edge of prints

if you get the phone code tho for you serial it will go away and will also be fully legitimate and get all the updates with no problems

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, my dad has a .edu email (he's a professor) that I use for all these things

I've gotten all the Microsoft DreamSpark stuff (all the Visual Studio stuff), a Google Voice invite (free US calling and SMS!), and I'll grab this soon.

:yayedu:

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what any of this is but I tried to register with my school email (high school) and we'll see if they accept it.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gore said:
I don't know what any of this is but I tried to register with my school email (high school) and we'll see if they accept it.
Ok. i think it may just be university and college use.

QUOTE(gameboy13 @ May 24 2010, 07:52 PM) Yeah, I downloaded Maya once. I then realized I would rather be using Blender.
wtf.gif

Are you serious? Blender is THE definition of unintuitive. I opened it once. Then i closed it.
Sure Mayas front end is scary but once your in, its a lot of fun. And soooo much more powerful that blender.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't know this. Thanks. But my brother is too lazy, it is easier to pirate.

Some important info from the FAQ:
QUOTE said:
4. Can I access the Education Community website even if I am not a student?
No. To join the Education Community you need to be a full-time student or faculty member participating in a valid academic program at the secondary or postsecondary level.

Secondary includes anyone from age 14 up to a postsecondary program. Postsecondary includes students in four-year colleges, two-year colleges, technical schools, postgraduate degree programs, and so forth.

15. I have a software title from the Education Community that will expire soon. Is it possible to get an extension so I can keep using the license?
Yes. Education Community members have three options to extend their licenses:
Download the next version from the Education Community.
Purchase a student version. Visit www.autodesk.com/reseller to locate the reseller nearest you.
Request a new serial number in the Software Center on the Education Community. A new serial number will be issued if at least 12 months have elapsed from the time the first one was issued. You must enter the new serial number before the first one expires; otherwise you will need to uninstall and reinstall your software.

26. I have downloaded a software title from the Education Community with a serial number and I’ve received a message that says my activation limit has been reached. What does this mean?
You are only allowed to activate your serial number once on your main computer. This message indicates that you have already activated your serial number.

27. I’m currently a student and have downloaded a software title and serial number from the Education Community that I may have tried to activate too many times. How can I receive an additional activation code?
You are only allowed to activate your serial number on your main computer.
http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=community_faq

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2