Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attention All Newcomers

Between now and the end of the week we are expecting a release of the Wii game, Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Now while we will talk about this game and of course have the news of the dump of this game WE WILL NEVER have the ISO here. So don't even ask about it! Nor post any links or even name places that do have a download of it. We do not have any copyrighted Nintendo Wii game files (aka ISOs) nor do we have any copyrighted Nintendo DS game files (aka ROMS). We do not condone piracy.

Please read the Forum Rules page and act accordingly, here are the main rules that really grind our gears:

No ROM/ISO requesting!
No ROM/ISO linking!
No posting anything that is considered illegal!
Don't be an ass to ANYONE!

Those three may result in a banning or suspension.

Other things we frown upon:
* No double posting & no bumping threads. If you have something to add just edit your last post.
* Posting multiple threads about the same topic.
* Posting info that has already been mentioned, please use the search function before posting any news.

Sorry to get all nasty on your asses, we do welcome all newcomers so please enjoy your stay here as we are an excellent community which offers a lot more than most similar forums, thanks!

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They'll probably still ask though...
frown.gif

But Hadrian is here to put the smackdown on any noob who ask for games.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the
the

rofl2.gif

Anyways, on topic, while I know it probably has to be done, it's downright sad that we have to make news posts lecturing the n00bs. Sad indeed...

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
oh god, finally I can find my way here.
Its been a year that I cant find somewhere to post questions about N64 emulation on my DS. yeeeepi.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really, user submitted news would fill in just fine in that case. Besides, why should the people that run this place have to compromise one of the main services they provide here just to stop the rampant tsunami that is coming our way? There are more proper and fun ways!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trying to stop noobs from asking noob questions is like trying to stop rain from being wet. This is going to be just like every other big release; giant red words at the top of the release thread saying don't ask for the iso, and right under that some noob asking for the iso.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to make some pithy comment about is this really necessary?, however I have noted a HUGE number of deleted posts in some release threads recently, along with the apparent illiteracy of most n00bz on various technical forums and boards who seem to be incapable of searching, reading documentation, rules, etc.

I'd suggest no warnings in the future but just go to insta banhammering. (I noted that in some of the Advance Wars threads that people were merely given fairly high warning levels versus banning, a mistake IMO as it is FAR better to set numerous examples early and often.)

[EDIT]
As an amusing aside at another forum that I frequent there existed for a time a thread entitled: Attention Fuckwit Noobs...
biggrin.gif

[/EDIT]

HardDisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
But then this message should be also noted for old users as well, it hasn't stopped them from asking where the roms are nor has it stopped them from being asses to anyone. I do hope this "warning" will be enforced and turn this place to what it once used to be, a nice haven for Nintendo lovers, and not just a place for idiots to post their "1st" "lolz" "omgzzzzz" comments.

Solid Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
but the thing i can't understand is that the game is coming the 9 of march, there's still plenty of time before it comes.

So why the announcement so early?

Or is the game coming earlier?
ohmy.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My old sig! Nice test84!

Mayve we should make people who register have to check a box that they agree to some terms and conditions-owait

Actually I think they now have to write down "There no roms here at gbatemp" to be able to register. It was added last year.

but the thing i can't understand is that the game is coming the 9 of march, there's still plenty of time before it comes.

So why the announcement so early?

Or is the game coming earlier?
ohmy.gif
Its out on the 31st In Japan. When Zelda PH and Pokemon got released over there we had problems and well we already have with this one.

belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is the news of the of release of Super Smash Brothers Brawl that great anyway? I never really liked these games...

I' ve been here from the old good GBA times and posting something like this on the front page news seems silly to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)