Gaming Attempting to play Skyward Sword - Help GREATLY Appreciated!

redsrule2500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Skyward Sword today, and I am getting a Error #002. I really haven't played Wii much in the past few years, and I remember I couldn't get Super Mario Galaxy 2 to work correctly, until I finally managed to install a new IOS or something like that.

I'm basically coming back to my system after modding/hacking around with it from years ago - forgetting everything besides I have preloader installed and an original wiikey hard mod.

ANY help is greatly appreciated!!

Here's my Syscheck Log: http://i.imgur.com/C6kwf.jpg

W

wii-dog

hi install new cios wads from modmii.download modmii to pc then go in there and get all your cios are get to wiihacks they have all the stuff you need then if dont work take back to store get new zelda say it dont work keep package on stay at wii games and sale it to guy buying wii games for 40 bucks

Cilph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use ModMii to get d2xv6 with a base IOS of 56 into slot 249, then use USB Loader GX to import the game. You need to play a Wii Motion Plus game and watch the introductory video. (no problem, you own the disk, play it five minutes)

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesnt that error have to do with wii motion plus or something ???? anyway , like he said d/l modmii and save yourself a lot of headaches

Game2590

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing by the syscheck log that the wii's firmware is still on 4.1? so this may be the problem but after a quick search around i found that updating past that can kill region free on modchips, now i don't know if this is still the case but i would avoid it until someone else can confirm, i've always softmodded mine so not too sure about hardmods, maybe try updating the wiikey if its possible, or even try using a program such as neogamma to boot the game that has #002 fix, this can be simple to set up since you have preloader, you can set it up to launch neogamma from start up

redsrule2500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I'm on 4.1U. I wish I didn't hard mod now, but back in the day that was the best way to go about things....

I almost want to just buy a new Wii and a 1 TB hard drive and just run everything from that.

Thanks for the help though guys, much appreciated, am looking into this stuff now!

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
No need to buy a new Wii.
You can simply softmod the one you have and stay on 4.1SM. The SM has nothing to do with launching/playing games. Hell, some people are still on SM 3.x and play everything just fine.

Just use ModMii. You can either use your syscheck file and modmii will automaticly chose the files needed.
Or you can just run the Wizard and tell ModMii to stay on 4.1.

A softmod also allows you to play backup discs, making the chip obsolete (except it reads on half-speed, i think).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I heard the game uses IOS56, so install the latest version of IOS56. And then you won't get the 002 error for the game when playing it from the disc channel. It feels like i explained what the 002 error is 100 times, and still people have no clue.

002 error = using a wrong IOS, or an outdated version of that IOS.

Game2590

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard the game uses IOS56, so install the latest version of IOS56. And then you won't get the 002 error for the game when playing it from the disc channel.

Now i may have misunderstood the syscheck but it does list the newest version of IOS56 on there, but does the fact it says disabled under the trucha bug lists etc. mean that he doesn't actually have it on? if that's the case then you are right, it's just a case of installing it.

redsrule2500

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, I followed through these instructions, used ModMii, and got Zelda working!!

Weird though - as when I installed the IOS files using WiiMod...they all listed as 'signature check failed - error installing' - but the game works?!

Also - what's the point of my last direction in the ModMii instructions (reinstalling the homebrew channel) - ?? I haven't done this yet, I do not see the point.

Thanks again for all the help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol