Hacking Attempting to exit "applets" in emuNAND freezes system

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having this problem for a while, and I don't know when it started. My sysNAND is 4.2, and my emuNAND is 9.9. This happens both when I load it with Gateway and with rxTools.

Basically, any time I open one of the system applets--web browser, friends list, game manuals, etc.--it works fine at first. But then, when I attempt to exit said applet, it freezes. If I do it by pressing Home, it takes me to the screen where it says "HOME Menu", but it doesn't actually load the menu; it just stays frozen on that screen. If I press the Power button, it fades to black like normal, but it just freezes then as well; it doesn't show the "Software closed" screen. This happens regardless of whether or not I have something suspended.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I would recommend, moving up to Cakes or Aureinand for booting your emuNAND, and then updating your emuNAND to the latest FW. Can't guarantee that will work, but I bet it would.

Wojton

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Try this:
  • Back up your SD Card contents and savefiles of downloaded games/apps with a homebrew of choice.
  • On your 3DS SD card, go to: Nintendo 3DS/<letters and numbers>/<letters and numbers>/dbs.
  • Delete the import.db and title.db files present in the folder.
  • Place the 2 files from this archieve in dbs folder (or just create 2, empty files, named title.db and import.db). Do this for both sysNAND and emuNAND folders inside Nintendo 3DS folder.
  • Put the SD Card back in 3DS, go to System->Data Management->Nintendo 3DS->Software. It will say that the database is corrupted. Let it create a new one.
  • See if the applets crash now.

Last edited by Wojton,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try this:
  • On your 3DS SD card, go to: Nintendo 3DS/<letters and numbers>/<letters and numbers>/dbs.
  • Delete the import.db and title.db files present in the folder.
  • Place the 2 files from this archieve in dbs folder (or just create 2, empty files, named title.db and import.db). Do this for both sysNAND and emuNAND folders inside Nintendo 3DS folder.
  • Put the SD Card back in 3DS, go to System->Data Management->Nintendo 3DS. It will say that the database is corrupted. Let it create a new one.
  • See if the applets crash now.
Doesn't that delete all apps?

Wojton

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure, creating new title database fixed friends list freezing problem that I've had a while ago, but I didn't have any apps downloaded at a time. Just to be sure, backup your SD Card contents first. Use save manager homebrew to back up the savefiles and restore them after redownloading your apps from eShop.

Last edited by Wojton,

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out how to fix it without deleting all the software. I used GodMode9 to copy my dbs/ticket.db file from my NAND (A9LH so it's sysNAND) and did a NAND backup. Then I restored a backup from before the problem occurred, did a system update to bring it back to the latest version. Finally, I put the ticket.db I copied into the new NAND. I was able to save my home menu layout as well via the normal, official way; that's stored on the SD card so it didn't get overwritten.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: