Attempting to exit "applets" in emuNAND freezes system

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by flarn2006, Oct 16, 2015.

1. flarn2006
    OP

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    I've been having this problem for a while, and I don't know when it started. My sysNAND is 4.2, and my emuNAND is 9.9. This happens both when I load it with Gateway and with rxTools.

Basically, any time I open one of the system applets--web browser, friends list, game manuals, etc.--it works fine at first. But then, when I attempt to exit said applet, it freezes. If I do it by pressing Home, it takes me to the screen where it says "HOME Menu", but it doesn't actually load the menu; it just stays frozen on that screen. If I press the Power button, it fades to black like normal, but it just freezes then as well; it doesn't show the "Software closed" screen. This happens regardless of whether or not I have something suspended.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?

2. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    backup all the game profile then do a emuNAND format?

3. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Do you have an emunand back up from before this problem happened? You could try restoring it.

Zidapi, wormdood and Ericjwg like this.
  4. windwakr

windwakr GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Same thing happens here. Freezes when trying to exit game manual, browser, etc.

5. Joshua Sy

Joshua Sy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    Is there no solution for this?

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    We don't know the cause...

Idea: have you tried clearing Home's save? (see tutorials section)

7. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Personally, I would recommend, moving up to Cakes or Aureinand for booting your emuNAND, and then updating your emuNAND to the latest FW. Can't guarantee that will work, but I bet it would.

8. Seriel

Seriel Worshipper of Skiddos

Aug 18, 2015
    I got it too, with 10.7 emunand with A9LH Aureinand.

9. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Try holding the button you would cancel menuhax with while exiting from an applet.

Ryccardo likes this.
  10. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    That's a smart guess, as the O3DS doesn't multitask Home and the other quick apps!

SomeGamer likes this.
  11. Seriel

Aug 18, 2015
    I don't have Menuhax installed. :/

12. Wojton

Wojton GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2014
    Poland
    Try this:
    • Back up your SD Card contents and savefiles of downloaded games/apps with a homebrew of choice.
    • On your 3DS SD card, go to: Nintendo 3DS/<letters and numbers>/<letters and numbers>/dbs.
    • Delete the import.db and title.db files present in the folder.
    • Place the 2 files from this archieve in dbs folder (or just create 2, empty files, named title.db and import.db). Do this for both sysNAND and emuNAND folders inside Nintendo 3DS folder.
    • Put the SD Card back in 3DS, go to System->Data Management->Nintendo 3DS->Software. It will say that the database is corrupted. Let it create a new one.
    • See if the applets crash now.

Last edited by Wojton, Apr 2, 2016
  13. Seriel

Aug 18, 2015
    Doesn't that delete all apps?

14. Wojton

Wojton GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2014
    Poland
    Honestly, I'm not entirely sure, creating new title database fixed friends list freezing problem that I've had a while ago, but I didn't have any apps downloaded at a time. Just to be sure, backup your SD Card contents first. Use save manager homebrew to back up the savefiles and restore them after redownloading your apps from eShop.

Last edited by Wojton, Apr 2, 2016
  15. flarn2006
    OP

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    I figured out how to fix it without deleting all the software. I used GodMode9 to copy my dbs/ticket.db file from my NAND (A9LH so it's sysNAND) and did a NAND backup. Then I restored a backup from before the problem occurred, did a system update to bring it back to the latest version. Finally, I put the ticket.db I copied into the new NAND. I was able to save my home menu layout as well via the normal, official way; that's stored on the SD card so it didn't get overwritten.