Hardware Attempting N3DS Repair

daddu3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So my N3DS managed to fall down few times and now cracked bit open from the area around the L-Button - now the system won't turn on fully, just blue light until it flashes white very quick and turns off.

So far tried to get it to repair but since mine was modded, the service got refused - Didn't prepare enough for masking my B9S on my N3DS I guess. The big problem though is that I live in Finland, and the country's practically devoid of other gaming repair services aside from a sole one from Nintendo's distributor at that country.

Anyway, I'm just asking is this just a matter of reattaching the ribbon cables back to the motherboard, or does this look like that the cables might be damaged and they need to be replaced? On that end, it's really hard to find a functional guide for N3DS-disassembly itself - has anyone here had any luck?

ftqOdbr.jpg
vBzJXoE.jpg
VgQfkWD.jpg
gBb2qzJ.jpg

Last edited by daddu3,

daddu3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
99% broken ribbon cable.
1% pulled out ribbon cable.

can't really tell until you try "securing" them again.

Well if you're that sure... :wacko:

I guess I'll attempt disassembly first and see if any of the ribbon cables are broken - the best clue I got from the repair guys was "The Upper LCD Ribbon Cables might need to be replaced" too, so maybe that could be a clue. I've read that it's very difficult to disassemble a 3DS safely though, so having never have done that before, kind of makes me anxious that I might damage mine for good. Ton of precious content I need to import on my SNES PAL Edition N3DS XL... wish me luck.

daddu3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yoo! Been eons since last time I was here, but I managed to do a somewhat competent disassembly and discovered the tear on this third ribbon cable:

gFv43ap.jpg

f2qCjEC.jpg

Which one is this ribbon cable in particular? Would want to go order a new one to get this done with!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs