Apple Attempted JB - Greenpois0n crashes WTF?

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Following the greenpois0n request, I put the device into DFU mode, then I just clicked "Jailbreak", Greenpois0n just crashed and I did not see any text on the device's display. Now my iPod is borked and I have to download software from iTunes to restore it. Which takes AGES to download, literally.
Anyone has an idea what might've gone wrong? I'm scared to do this second time as I don't want to wait so long for the restore, it it fails to JB again...
EDIT: Perhaps I should have first closed iTunes before trying the JB?

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Greenpois0n closes iTunes automaticaly. Unless you were syncing your device while running greenpois0n, I really don't know what could have gone wrong...

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or instead of that, you use Limera1n, which is Blackra1n but made to handle even the very latest of iDevices and the iOS. No more tethered JB.

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK it's JB-oken now, but hell, what a tough job!
First I could not get it into the DFU mode, following closely the green poison tutorial but it just would not get there.
Then I got stuck in the recovery mode loop and could not get out of it for like, hours.
I tried every possible tutorial from youtube and such, but nothing helped. Then I said to myself, fuck it, started grennpois0n again and somehow managed to force the device into the DFU mode directly from that recovery mode screen. I don't even know how it happened but somehow greenpois0n all of a sudden said the device was in the DFU mode and started to do its job.... What a fucking frustrating experience. Thank you all for advice though. I'm glad it's over. Downgrading a PSP with a Pandora is a walk in the park, compared to this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs