Homebrew Attaching NES and GB roms to emulator core

T.Kuranari

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, it shouldn't be an operating system related issue as I have Windows XP. Will investigate further
smile.gif

T.Kuranari

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have another question related to FCSR, GBA roms and SRAM. I own an EZFlash 3in1 and its battery died, which means GBA games doesn't save anymore and there are games that cannot be played at all without SRAM (for example Zelda Link to the Past, since no profile can be saved).

Now is anybody aware of a possibility to patch gba roms so that they write saves not in the real SRAM, but in a (possibly with FCSR2 created ) virtual SRAM or maybe in NOR?

EDIT:I have played around with pogoshell, but it seems it doesn't work with the EZFlash 3in1. Well, lets say it works with the 3in1, will GBA games embedded to pogoshell save in pogoshells filesystem or do they rely on a real SRAM hardware?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget Pogoshell entirely. It has absolutely nothing that will help you here that can't already be done without it. If you want to try using PocketNES or Goomba Color, you can use the rom builder programs for that. If you want to emulate in DS mode, you'll need to get the FCSR thing working.

T.Kuranari

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, pogoshell can't help me with my first problem since it doesn't support nds files. The question is whether it can help me with my second problem (saving GBA games with EZFlash3in1 without a battery) if it would be EZ Flash 3in1 compatible or not
smile.gif

T.Kuranari

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I did some tests with my EZFlash 3in1. I removed the battery inside and hooked up two wires to both tabs that normally would hold the battery and connected them with a 3V accumulator to see if I can save this way. Unfortunately none of my games want to save which leads me to the conclusion that I kinda destroyed the SRAM while I was cutting out the battery from both tabs (granted I have no clue how that could possibly happened).

Anyone can help me with my FCSR problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup