Atmosphere version 1.1.0 enters pre-release, adds support for Switch firmware 13.0.0

banner.png

It's the second June 15th for the month of September, as the Atmosphere custom firmware for Switch has released another big update. After the landmark release of Atmosphere 1.0.0 on September 7th, Nintendo released a new major update for the Switch, firmware version 13.0.0, only a week later. Not only was this version incompatible with the newest release of Atmosphere, as expected, but landmark updates like that tend to take longer to make comply with Atmosphere. However, only five days after that update, SciresM has already pre-released the next version of Atmosphere, 1.1.0, that is compatible with Switch firmware 13.0.0. As of right now, Atmosphere 1.1.0 is in pre-release form, meaning that while everything should work correctly, the team is awaiting any bug reports.

While you're updating custom firmware on your Switch, you may also want to update your Hekate bootloader, which released its newest version only minutes after the newest Atmosphere update.

If you're interested in downloading these new releases, you can grab it from their respective GitHubs, linked below.

:download: Atmosphere Download Page
:arrow: Atmosphere Discussion Thread
:download: Hekate Download Page

1.1.0 is Atmosphère's fifty-fifth official release.

Please be sure to update fusee when upgrading to 1.1.0. fusee-primary no longer exists, and will not work any more.

Please note: Atmosphère 1.1.0 is currently in pre-release, and issues may be found that need to be fixed before full release.

• If any bugs are reported while Atmosphère is in pre-release, they will be fixed and the build will be updated.
  • 1.1.0 will transition to release after a short amount of time has passed without pressing bug reports.
With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 1.1.0 is bundled with hbl 2.4.1, and hbmenu 3.4.1.

The following was changed since the last release:

• Support was implemented for 13.0.0.
    • mesosphère was updated to reflect the latest official kernel behavior.
    • ncm was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
    • erpt was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
      • Two new services ("sprofile") were added to erpt, and have been fully reimplemented.
      • Please Note: These services provide a way for settings to be pushed to consoles over the internet without system update.
        • Because there appear to be no settings pushed out yet, this implementation fundamentally cannot be fully tested right now, but hopefully there are no issues once settings begin being distributed.
  • The LogManager system module was reimplemented.
    • This system module provides services that some games use for logging.
    • Atmosphere's reimplementation supports logging to the SD card (if lm!enable_sd_card_logging is true) and to ams.TMA.
      • To control the directory where logs are saved, modify the lm!sd_card_log_output_directory setting.
    • Atmosphere's reimplementation is disabled by default (in order to save memory), but can be enabled by setting lm!enable_log_manager to true.
      • This will allow reading over logs from games which use the services (or potentially logging from homebrew in the future), which can be useful to developers.
      • Please note that when TMA is fully implemented in the future, enabling TMA will forcibly enable LogManager.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
For information on the featureset supported by 1.1, please see the official release notes.

SquallDNA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i successfully updated my Atmosphere to 1.1.0 before updating to FW to 13 using daybreak. Now got the error:

A fatal error occured when running Fusée

Unable to identify package1!

Press POWER to reboot.

I also updated Hekate and Sigpatch. What am i missing? im using V2 mariko. atmosphere was running well before the fw update.

EdiT:my bad. i copied the wrong fusee.bin file.

Last edited by SquallDNA,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it not possible to have a generic payload that re-directs to fusee.bin on the SD root? That way it could be part of the main archive and people wouldn't forget to re-download it separately.

vandalo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
QUICK QUESTION : (total noob here) does this mean i can buy a brand new switch v2 straight from the store,softmod it with this and play switch games ?

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did what you said, got the same error. Are there any other programs besides TegraRcmGUI that can update the CFW? Maybe I just need to use a better one.
Start from scratch:
Format your SD card, copy and paste all necessary files including new atmosphere files and sigpatches.

Last edited by magico29,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please Note: These services provide a way for settings to be pushed to consoles over the internet without system update.
Honestly gives me shivvers not so much for my banned system, but my legit second system. Dont honestly like the idea of a Rootkit being baked into a Console's Firmware.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it not possible to have a generic payload that re-directs to fusee.bin on the SD root? That way it could be part of the main archive and people wouldn't forget to re-download it separately.
ofc that is possible, but setups are different for everyone, depending on which dongle you use, how you push your payload, if you use a bootloader...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.