Atmosphere version 1.1.0 enters pre-release, adds support for Switch firmware 13.0.0

banner.png

It's the second June 15th for the month of September, as the Atmosphere custom firmware for Switch has released another big update. After the landmark release of Atmosphere 1.0.0 on September 7th, Nintendo released a new major update for the Switch, firmware version 13.0.0, only a week later. Not only was this version incompatible with the newest release of Atmosphere, as expected, but landmark updates like that tend to take longer to make comply with Atmosphere. However, only five days after that update, SciresM has already pre-released the next version of Atmosphere, 1.1.0, that is compatible with Switch firmware 13.0.0. As of right now, Atmosphere 1.1.0 is in pre-release form, meaning that while everything should work correctly, the team is awaiting any bug reports.

While you're updating custom firmware on your Switch, you may also want to update your Hekate bootloader, which released its newest version only minutes after the newest Atmosphere update.

If you're interested in downloading these new releases, you can grab it from their respective GitHubs, linked below.

:download: Atmosphere Download Page
:arrow: Atmosphere Discussion Thread
:download: Hekate Download Page

1.1.0 is Atmosphère's fifty-fifth official release.

Please be sure to update fusee when upgrading to 1.1.0. fusee-primary no longer exists, and will not work any more.

Please note: Atmosphère 1.1.0 is currently in pre-release, and issues may be found that need to be fixed before full release.

• If any bugs are reported while Atmosphère is in pre-release, they will be fixed and the build will be updated.
  • 1.1.0 will transition to release after a short amount of time has passed without pressing bug reports.
With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 1.1.0 is bundled with hbl 2.4.1, and hbmenu 3.4.1.

The following was changed since the last release:

• Support was implemented for 13.0.0.
    • mesosphère was updated to reflect the latest official kernel behavior.
    • ncm was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
    • erpt was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
      • Two new services ("sprofile") were added to erpt, and have been fully reimplemented.
      • Please Note: These services provide a way for settings to be pushed to consoles over the internet without system update.
        • Because there appear to be no settings pushed out yet, this implementation fundamentally cannot be fully tested right now, but hopefully there are no issues once settings begin being distributed.
  • The LogManager system module was reimplemented.
    • This system module provides services that some games use for logging.
    • Atmosphere's reimplementation supports logging to the SD card (if lm!enable_sd_card_logging is true) and to ams.TMA.
      • To control the directory where logs are saved, modify the lm!sd_card_log_output_directory setting.
    • Atmosphere's reimplementation is disabled by default (in order to save memory), but can be enabled by setting lm!enable_log_manager to true.
      • This will allow reading over logs from games which use the services (or potentially logging from homebrew in the future), which can be useful to developers.
      • Please note that when TMA is fully implemented in the future, enabling TMA will forcibly enable LogManager.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
For information on the featureset supported by 1.1, please see the official release notes.

masterbuzzsaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just not understanding how to update this. I deleted everything in my contents folder, my sept folder, deleted fusee-secondary, and I tried to update using TegraRcmGUI. Every time, I get a fatal error message saying it's the incorrect fusee version (program=0xb6b6ac70, mtc=0x00000000). What am I doing wrong???

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Haven't really followed the Switch scene, how hard is it now to mod a Switch and is it now safe to go online with a modded Switch?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should I go ahead and update my exploitable switch? I still have to download ni no kuni 2 to it, which I bought from the eshop. I only held off out of my three switches 'til atmosphere was released. it's not exploited/hacked in any way, but if I sell the system soon, I want it to be exploitable from the get go for whomever buys it. that's the only reason I've kept it--because it's exploitable.

TonyMax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should I go ahead and update my exploitable switch? I still have to download ni no kuni 2 to it, which I bought from the eshop. I only held off out of my three switches 'til atmosphere was released. it's not exploited/hacked in any way, but if I sell the system soon, I want it to be exploitable from the get go for whomever buys it. that's the only reason I've kept it--because it's exploitable.

I will personally hold off a bit. I haven't updated to atmosphere 1.0.0 yet and I am neck deep in games that don't need FW 12+

Reactions: godreborn

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
These services provide a way for settings to be pushed to consoles over the internet without system update.
So, Nintendo can add new console's settings.
Settings that games might need.
Let's say, a new "allow metroid to launch" setting, that can only be added from online after you check with Nintendo servers that you are not banned....

That's just for the idea. they can't do that for people who buy the game card and play offline.
But if you need to connect to their servers to add new settings, you'll have to disable the DNS or HOST filtering.
I wonder if AMS will be able to add the settings using its own API.

I can only suppose that the next FW update will contain previously pushed settings.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: peteruk

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: antonyfirst

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works and isnt yet banned, mine got banned yesterday
  • A @ anotherthing:
    The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @StatusN, welcome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Had a question on 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    will one still be able to transfer pokemon from the ds 3ds games to Switch
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Supposedly Bank isn't going down.
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    i know they are @anotherthing but i modded m y 3ds last month and i installed pretendo but as my 3ds got banned i need a friend seed to unblock my 3ds
  • A @ anotherthing:
    You got banned from Pretendo?
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    online ban
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @anotherthing I think Nintendo should have just re released all pokemon games on the switch
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    let you transfer it all
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    bank got shutdown in april last year
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones (remakes don't count)
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    does anyone have a friend seed link to a seed that isnt already banned and is new, if anyone does then thanks
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I refuse to get Nintendo Switch online
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    until they add pokemon mainline games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could very easily do so
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i meant that they got rereleased in virtual console in 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini