Homebrew RELEASE Atmosphere-Updater: An Atmosphere updater for your switch!

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can you make an option/feature to copy hakate payload as payload.bin to the root of sd card ? Some rcm injector (like r4s dongle) use that payload.bin
I have had a few people ask for this now, so i'll consider adding support for it at somepoint.

For now, you can use this https://github.com/ITotalJustice/PayloaderNX/releases (fork of payload_launcher) which is basically a payload manager, and can do what you asked (and a few other cool things).

It's a bit old, and I had only just started learning to code then, so if you like the app, I can cam re-write it with a nice gui and a few more payload features. Hope that helps! :)

Reactions: hippotas98

KaidenJames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to try this out. After updating I rebooted. When I did, my theme I was using was reset to default. And I went to my system settings to see the atmosphere version and it wasn't there, only system version (8.1.0). I was using Kosmos when I updated. I booted up RetroArch to see if I was still on CFW lol and it worked.

Is it okay that I can't see the Atmosphere version? When I run Tinfoil it asks me if I want to uninstall Kosmos to work properly. Should I uninstall Kosmos? Thanks ahead of time.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I have made a simple and easy to use updater for Atmosphere / Hekate! :D

Currently the app can:
  • Update Atmosphere from the latest release on github.
  • Update hekate from the latest release on github.
  • Update this app from within the app itself!
  • Reboot to payload, for easy access to restart the switch after updating cfw.

example.jpg

download.jpg

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask below.

For any bug reports, please open an issue on the github page, it'll be easier for me to track / fix.

Link to the repo: https://github.com/ITotalJustice/atmosphere-updater

Link to the latest relase: https://github.com/ITotalJustice/atmosphere-updater/releases
Does this work with Kosmos? Or its for vanilla atmosphere? Thanks

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to try this out. After updating I rebooted. When I did, my theme I was using was reset to default. And I went to my system settings to see the atmosphere version and it wasn't there, only system version (8.1.0). I was using Kosmos when I updated. I booted up RetroArch to see if I was still on CFW lol and it worked.

Is it okay that I can't see the Atmosphere version? When I run Tinfoil it asks me if I want to uninstall Kosmos to work properly. Should I uninstall Kosmos? Thanks ahead of time.
Hmmm, this is a very strange issue. My updater doesn’t touch any files that would effect themes, so I’m not sure how your theme is no longer there (are you sure you was using atmosphere to begin with? No reinx / sxos?). The missing atmosphere version string is even weirder.

Could you please tell me:
The previous atmosphere version you was using.
The version of my app you used.
What option you selected to update inside my app.

Thank you!

Does this work with Kosmos? Or its for vanilla atmosphere? Thanks
Yes this will work for hekate / kosmos users. You can select the option “update hekate” which will display a pop up box asking if you want to update atmosphere as well (if you select no, it only updates hekate).

Which sigpatches does it download for booting Atmosphere with Hekate?
No sigpatches are downloaded in this app. I do have a separate updater for sigpatches, but I don’t get have an option to download the patches.ini for hekate, meaning that only ES patches would be loaded for hekate users.

Last edited by TotalJustice, , Reason: Missing words
Reactions: pLaYeR^^

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes those are the patches that I’d like to add, however I’m not actually too sure how to work with 7zip files (in C). If devkitpro had libarchive for example, then I’d be able to easily support it. I’ll have another look when I’m on break as I definitely would like to add them.

Also here’s the link to my current sigpatch updater (I’ll add a readme later today). https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sigpatch-updater

Reactions: ELY_M and pLaYeR^^

Onibox

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I used this for update the atmosphere. I use the recommended full update. After that I navigate down to reboot and over the "update hekate" I press a than b to abort because I don't really know what it's do, but the progress bar shows it is did something. After the reload the hekate menu shows up. I used reinx and atmosphere before. And none of my games starts. It said try to launch it through the home screen. How can I revert it back?

Ohhh.. i made a full power of and somehow is set back to the usually boot.

Last edited by Onibox,

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used this for update the atmosphere. I use the recommended full update. After that I navigate down to reboot and over the "update hekate" I press a than b to abort because I don't really know what it's do, but the progress bar shows it is did something. After the reload the hekate menu shows up. I used reinx and atmosphere before. And none of my games starts. It said try to launch it through the home screen. How can I revert it back?

Ohhh.. i made a full power of and somehow is set back to the usually boot.
So you updated atmosphere, then you updated hekate, pressed B when the pop up box asks you if you want to install atmosphere as well.

So basically you updated atmosphere, then updated hekate, which replaces the reboot payload.bin with the new hekate payload.

I don’t know why your games aren’t launching, but my app isn’t the cause of that. Either you were using ams before and have now booted into ams using hekate, so fs patches haven’t been loaded, hence the game error.

If you want to revert to stock ams, you can use my app and select update atmosphere (the option you first selected) then select the reboot payload option. Or you can download the latest ams release and unzip it to your sd card.

Reactions: Onibox

Onibox

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So you updated atmosphere, then you updated hekate, pressed B when the pop up box asks you if you want to install atmosphere as well.

So basically you updated atmosphere, then updated hekate, which replaces the reboot payload.bin with the new hekate payload.

I don’t know why your games aren’t launching, but my app isn’t the cause of that. Either you were using ams before and have now booted into ams using hekate, so fs patches haven’t been loaded, hence the game error.

If you want to revert to stock ams, you can use my app and select update atmosphere (the option you first selected) then select the reboot payload option. Or you can download the latest ams release and unzip it to your sd card.

I don't want to blame you or your app. I made what you just said (reupdate atmosphere) and after a restart everything is fine. Usefull and simple app, and I need to learn more in this topic.
Thank you!

Reactions: TotalJustice

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't want to blame you or your app. I made what you just said (reupdate atmosphere) and after a restart everything is fine. Usefull and simple app, and I need to learn more in this topic.
Thank you!
It’s fine mate, I was just explaining what happened when you selected these options so that way you can understand what happened :)

Glad it’s fixed for you now! I’ll look into make the ui more user friendly and make the options more clear at some point (when I have time :teach:)

Reactions: Onibox

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
After doing a "full install" of atmosphere, it won't boot. Launching Atmosphere from Hekate just reboots back into Hekate. And in the off-chance it DOES show the Atmosphere splash, it just gives an infinite black screen afterwards, never booting properly into Atmosphere. Can anyone help? I've tried both FAT32 and exFAT, and two clean SD cards to no avail. I'm using SX OS to launch into Hekate payload.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi, The app does not delete anything, only overwrites files.

So say you have a bunch of folders inside your /atmosphere/titles/, the updater will only update the new files from the ams zip, leaving the rest of your files alone :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, but i do have a seperate updater for that https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sigpatch-updater.

Wanted to keep sigpatches seperate from ams / hekate ;)
oooh which patches are it? is it The-4n or Joonies?

Last edited by linuxares,

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oooh which patches are it? is it The-4n or Joonies?
Hi! It downloads the latest .zip from https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/. I haven’t added joonies patches yet sadly.

After doing a "full install" of atmosphere, it won't boot. Launching Atmosphere from Hekate just reboots back into Hekate. And in the off-chance it DOES show the Atmosphere splash, it just gives an infinite black screen afterwards, never booting properly into Atmosphere. Can anyone help? I've tried both FAT32 and exFAT, and two clean SD cards to no avail. I'm using SX OS to launch into Hekate payload.
Are you launching ams with hekate by loading the fusee primary or fusee secondary payload?

And you say that you’ve tried using a clean sd card (assuming with newly downloaded hekate / ams releases installed) and it’s still failing to boot?

Reactions: linuxares and Jayro

TotalJustice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried payload.bin, fusee-primary.bin, fusee-secondary.bin, sept-primary.bin, and sept-secondary.bin, and they all fail me.
Hmmm, now that is odd. Just to quickly explain what my app does, it downloads the latest ams.zip and unzips it, that’s basically it. That’s why I’m struggling to find a reason behind the problem you’re now having.

Are you still chain-loading payloads with sxos? If so, can you instead try unzipping the latest ams.zip to your clean sd card and inject the latest fusee-primary.bin payload. If your switch fails to boot, then I really am at a loss on how to help :(

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Delete your Atmosphere folder... I did the standard copyover everything and overwrite and it didn't work. Delete it and the Sept folder and it should work after you add them. I don't know how Atmosphere reads files. it's like if some old files are still there, it will read them anyway and that can cause issues.

Reactions: Jayro

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if u use hbgsh... this is not good ....why the hell hbg needs an own fork of ams to run the shop? because if i update ams with this. hbg says install environment corrupted?

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s