Hacking atmosphere update, 6.2 blue screen troubleshooting

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, now that 6.2 is working with cfw..

i have a blue screen switch on 6.2 with no boot0/boot1 backup, only a rawnand.bin backup. with the current update to atmosphere for 6.2 i am now able to get it to boot into cfw fine, but i still get blue screen trying to boot ofw. does anybody know what tools i can use to fix the blue screen? according to the switchbrew page here https://switchbrew.org/w/index.php?title=Panic_codes it is a kernel/kernel panic issue caused by problems with my package2. would using choidujournx to reinstall 6.2 ofw fix the package2 issue?

thanks~~

Last edited by jaderocc,
D

Deleted User

so, now that 6.2 is working with cfw..

i have a blue screen switch on 6.2 with no boot0/boot1 backup, only a rawnand.bin backup. with the current update to atmosphere for 6.2 i am now able to get it to boot into cfw fine, but i still get blue screen trying to boot ofw. does anybody know what tools i can use to fix the blue screen? according to the switchbrew page here https://switchbrew.org/w/index.php?title=Panic_codes it is a kernel/kernel panic issue caused by problems with my package2. would using choidujournx to reinstall 6.2 ofw fix the package2 issue?

thanks~~
The problem is the fact boot0 and boot1 are left untouched. Your rawnand.bin only covers the rest of the switch. Not boot1 or boot0. So to fix it, you can either.
Temporarily downgrade to a older firmware (via dumping a update partition from a game cart) Then let the switch download the latest update and then use hacdiskmount, to mount the system parition and dump it. From there chouirdujor should be able to update you to 6.2. And in theory, that should fix your boots. Since you have boots that match your firmware.
Or scrap downgrading, and instead, find someone who has 6.2.0 in the correct format (illegal, have to look else where.) and use chouirdujor to update to 6.2

Last edited by ,
Reactions: jaderocc

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is the fact boot0 and boot1 are left untouched. Your rawnand.bin only covers the rest of the switch. Not boot1 or boot0
hey, thanks for the response - i'm aware of the facts of the matter, i'm just trying to figure out how to get it back to normal. any chance you know if boot0/boot1 are console specific? if not, i could dump a boot0/boot1 from a different switch running 6.2 and use those to restore, no?

if they are - the current atmosphere update runs a brief script when i boot this switch saying that it's repairing package2. is there any way to dump this repaired package2, or is that just patched so that it can boot the cfw and wouldn't work for ofw?

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Or scrap downgrading, and instead, find someone who has 6.2.0 in the correct format (illegal, have to look else where.) and use chouirdujor to update to 6.2

I've just moved the 6.2.0 firmware files to the public official nx firmware dir on xbins, I should have made them public earlier when atmosphere released but just realized they were hiding in private until a CFW was ready.

https://www.xbins.org/iriez/auto-xbins.zip

For easy access to FTP. Yes AV warning is normal, its the IRC client.

jaderocc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just moved the 6.2.0 firmware files to the public official nx firmware dir on xbins, I should have made them public earlier when atmosphere released but just realized they were hiding in private until a CFW was ready.

https://www.xbins.org/iriez/auto-xbins.zip

For easy access to FTP. Yes AV warning is normal, its the IRC client.
nice, i've actually been using xbins for a little while now to get ahold of tools and various other things.. so thanks! really appreciate the documentation and archiving yall are doing over there, and i'm sure it's saved more than it's fair share of idiots, myself included. gonna try updating via choi tomorrow when i'm less about to pass out lol. thanks for the suggestions and clarifications on things to everyone too. yall are some life savers for real lmao

quick edit; couldn't sleep so i decided to give this a try, updated to 6.2 using choidujournx and everything is back to normal again, booting perfectly fine on both cfw and ofw. i can't thank you guys enough for the help, yall are amazing

Last edited by jaderocc,
Reactions: Vorde and iriez

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
edit; couldn't sleep so i decided to give this a try, updated to 6.2 using choidujournx and everything is back to normal again, booting perfectly fine on both cfw and ofw. i can't thank you guys enough for the help, yall are amazing

This is what I come here for, to simply help others . Your follow up and thank you is appreciated and surprisingly rare :)

Glad it's sorted!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome