Hacking Atmosphere unable to play installed XCI games from SX OS

xaimaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I was exfat user with SX OS and decided to switch from exfat to fat32 and give Atmosphere a try.

Since most of my games are on XCI, I use SX OS to install XCI directly from installer menu.

Games running fine on SX OS but atmosphere give me error like "unable to start software"

I'm on latest Atmosphere (0.9.3) with all sigpatches and installed NSP from SX OS Installer or GoldLeaf running just fine on Atmosphere

Anyone experience this kind of problem?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is normal, installed XCIs from SX normally don't run on Atmos. Has to do with how SX patches things and how Atmos does it. Probably with so-called Acid patches but don't quote me on that.
Delete the games and reinstall them as nsp.

Reactions: xaimaster

xaimaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
That is normal, installed XCIs from SX normally don't run on Atmos. Has to do with how SX patches things and how Atmos does it. Probably with so-called Acid patches but don't quote me on that.

Oh I see, this is why I can't run any installed xci games while on atmosphere

You can also use 4NXCi https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-4nxci-a-tool-for-converting-xci-to-nsp.515341/ which converts .xci to .nsp files which work on atmosphere.

Thanks for pointing me to right direction.

Reactions: Deleted User

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happened to me toó. I recently installed some xci from sx installer standalone app(nlt the built in menu) and they work on atmosphere properly.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Installing xci to nsp via the sxos installer won’t work on Atmosphere, they will only work on sxos this is intentionally implemented by TX.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Installing xci to nsp via the sxos installer won’t work on Atmosphere, they will only work on sxos this is intentionally implemented by TX.
Bullshit, this is not "intentionally implemented", it's just their dirty method of installing the files that causes errors on Atmos.

Kaizer47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i use NSC_Builder to convert xci to nsp then install with goldleaf. Also some will not work when installing with dlc which gives software error. So, i use NSC_Builder to repack the dlc.only this method works for me

Reactions: xaimaster

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
That’s because micheal scires, is shit scared about getting in trouble for piracy... you need sigpatches. This is extremely common with atmosphere users.

just stick to SXOS... you’re not missing out on anything useful.

Last edited by Joe88, , Reason: Removed unnecessary personal insults
Reactions: vincentallen2

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I installed ctr xci with sx installer 2.0 and it works properly on atmosphere emummc. Works installed from sx menu itself didnt work before, but at some point xecuter something installing xci.

I only boot sx OS to install the xci/nsp files from a exfat pendrive into my fat32 microsd. It works wonders.

xaimaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i use NSC_Builder to convert xci to nsp then install with goldleaf. Also some will not work when installing with dlc which gives software error. So, i use NSC_Builder to repack the dlc.only this method works for me

thanks for the tips

I installed ctr xci with sx installer 2.0 and it works properly on atmosphere emummc. Works installed from sx menu itself didnt work before, but at some point xecuter something installing xci.

I only boot sx OS to install the xci/nsp files from a exfat pendrive into my fat32 microsd. It works wonders.

Original XCI or Custom XCI (compiled by someone with base + update + dlc into one XCI files)

Last edited by xaimaster,

stewacide

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So there's no way to install XCIs so that they'll work in Atmosphere, without first converting them to an NSP off system?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's true since I don't used SX but you can still install xci files to atmosphere with other certain homebrew tools (For Nintendo Switch) and NS-USBLOADER (for PC or macOS).

I don't installed NSP files unless they are only for eShop. I installed physical version of xci to atmosphere and they works just fine.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's true since I don't used SX but you can still install xci files to atmosphere with other certain homebrew tools (For Nintendo Switch) and NS-USBLOADER (for PC or macOS).

I don't installed NSP files unless they are only for eShop. I installed physical version of xci to atmosphere and they works just fine.
Why do you quote a post from 2019, this information is long obsolete. You can install XCIs with Tinfoil just fine.
But what is still true is that if you had installed any XCI with the SX OS album installer, they will not work on Atmos. You must reinstall them with Tinfoil.

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you quote a post from 2019, this information is long obsolete. You can install XCIs with Tinfoil just fine.
But what is still true is that if you had installed any XCI with the SX OS album installer, they will not work on Atmos. You must reinstall them with Tinfoil.

Yeah, I didn't noticed the date and typed it in the hurry. Sorry about that, lol. :) I guess better late than never.

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To be clear this issue still persists today, right?
Does it have anything to do with using exFAT vs FAT32?
Also, there is no magic 'acid patches' or whatever that will make an XCI installed game with the build-in SXOS installer work with Atmosphere but on another hand if we were to have it installed with another tool like Tinfoil (even when using SXOS) it should work fine?

rayoz12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I installed an XCI with Awoo and NS-USB loader it should be fine right? (It seems like the same method as the tinfoil one) What makes this different to the way SXOS installs it? I mean what does awoo / tinfoil do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse