Question Atmosphere + tinfoil fw 8.1.0

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Nickk, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Nickk
    OP

Nickk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2018
    United States
    I'm using atmosphere on 8.1 after upgrading from 6.2 with reinx. I cant for the life of me get tinfoil or any alternative to work. I used the sigpatches thing so that my existing installs work. but cant get any new games to work. i tried looking into gold leaf but am clearly failing to understand what im supposed to do to install and use it. Things have gotten complicated or my brain is failing me in the few years ive stopped using my switch

Someone please help! just want to get something that works!

2. Taorn

Taorn GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2017
    United States
    What exactly is the problem you encountered when using Tinfoil or Goldleaf?

3. Nickk
    OP

Nickk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2018
    United States
    tinfoil gives me error 0x00299002 "openfilesystemwithid 101 failed to open

i tried installed a v6.0 tinfoil i found but that just goes to a black screen and stays there when i open it.

And goldleaf i just completely have no idea what to do. i downloaded an nro and nsp...but i cant install the nsp because i have nothing to install it with...and i just dont seem to understand how to make it work

4. Taorn

Taorn GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2017
    United States
    How do you start Atmosphere? Through Hetake? Or through fusee-primary?

Goldleaf can be used like any Switch homebrew. Just copy the nro file into the switch folder on your sd card.

5. Nickk
    OP

Nickk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2018
    United States
    After copying it how do I launch it. After copying the nro i dont see it anywhere.

I just recently upgraded using choudujournx and now have autorcm enabled. And its autoloads atmos when plugged into my pc. Wont even let me boot into reinx strangely since when I tried using tegrarcm it begins to do reinx then switches itself to atmos

Last edited by Nickk, Nov 14, 2019
  6. Taorn

Taorn GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2017
    United States
    That's odd. Normally you would have to select another payload manually.
    But regarding Goldleaf: You need to start the homebrew menu by holding R while starting any installed game.
    After a few seconds you should be able to see the homebrew menu instead of the game you started.

If you copied the nro file in the right folder, you should now be able to see a Goldleaf icon and therefore start the application from there.

7. Nickk
    OP

Nickk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2018
    United States

The right folder being the sd root right? And theres no other files just the nro correct?

8. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    Mind pasting a capture of the contents on your sd?

9. Nickk
    OP

Nickk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2018
    United States
    https://imgur.com/gallery/x1fZgJQ Heres a video where im selecting reinx on tegrarcmgui. followed by the error tinfoil gives me. You can see reinx starts to boot for half a second.

https://imgur.com/4rlRMqi SD Root

After watching a video ive realized i placed my nros in the root and not the switch folder. After fixing that issue ive gotten goldleaf to work! Dont need to worry about tinfoil anymore, thanks so much for the help!

Last edited by Nickk, Nov 15, 2019
  10. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    Also, This are how Clean CFW should be on the MicroSD:

AtmopshereNX [Loaded Via Fusee-Primary.bin]:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

ReiNX [Loaded using ReiNX.bin]
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

As for Hekate, that depends on your setup, but having this file on the cards should make your switch work without issues, reinx only works until 8.1.0 and Atmosphere works on 9.0.1 without issues.

Attached Files:

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted