Atmosphere Switch CFW updated to version 1.3.0, adds OFW 14.0.0 support

atmos.png

After the release of the official 14.0.0 Nintendo Switch firmware on Monday, the Atmosphere team got to work on support for the latest software update. And now the wait is over, as Atmosphere 1.3.0 is available now, in pre-release form. Beyond just support for the current Switch firmware are some new features and streamlining; Atmosphere's build system was re-written, and according to SciresM, this release makes it possible for users to make a debugging build of Atmosphere.

In addition, CTCaer's hekate and Nyx have both been updated with 14.0.0 support, which brings better boot speeds. Hekate is currently at 5.7.0, while Nyx is at version 1.2.0.

A full changelog can be seen below, and all of the mentioned releases can be downloaded from their respective official GitHub project pages, as always.

• Support was added for 14.0.0.
    • mesosphère was updated to reflect the latest official kernel behavior.
    • erpt was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
    • pm was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
    • fatal was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
  • A mechanism for automatically cleaning up erpt_reports was added.
    • When booting, if the console has more than 1000 reports inside /atmosphere/erpt_reports, the folder will be cleaned to empty.
    • This behavior can be disabled by setting erpt!disable_automatic_report_cleanup = u8!0x1 in system_settings.ini.
  • Atmosphère's build system was re-written, and now allows globally building for various builds/configs.
    • All boards now automatically support release/debugging/auditing targets; it is now possible to build a full debugging/auditing build of atmosphère for the first time.
  • Support was added for compiling libstratosphère to run on PC.
    • The currently implemented/tested targets are Windows (x64), Linux (x64, arm64), macOS (x64, arm64).
      • If you are a developer interested in adding support for another target, please reach out to SciresM#0524 on discord.
    • This is intended to finally allow sanely testing Atmosphère's code, by allowing most of it to run on a PC (with access to a debugger) instead of on game console hardware.
    • In addition, this will allow making PC tools which reuse code written for Atmosphère directly..
    • Please Note: This has no relation to interacting with official software on PC whatsoever. This really allows for making tests and self-contained atmosphère-based command-line tools; the Atmosphère project continues to have zero interest in attempting to run official software of any kind.
    • In the course of adding this support (and working on tooling using it), a number of fairly major revisions were made to stratosphere (particularly surrounding filesystem code).
      • Please Note: A number of changes made for this (and ones necessary in the process of adding support for 14.0.0) are api-breaking.
        • If you're a developer and any of this caused your code to break, please feel free to contact SciresM#0524 for help updating your program.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

theiconrichie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all my games work but can't install with Awoo or gold leaf or DBI or Tinfoil. all the same error installing any game. current games work fine. yes i have the current sigpatches or games wouldn't work.

Reactions: olive069

porg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue where when I boot my sysmmc it loads nothing but a yellow screen, I've replaced all the atmosphere and hekate files, I've tried what ertaboy said worked, nothing works and I'm getting frustrated

FrenchSmitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’m experiencing the same issue, have you guys been able to find a solution? @theiconrichie @olive069 @BrownJesu5
I fixed the issue by downgrading my emummc back to 13.2.1 using daybreak with hekate 5.7.0 and atmosphere 1.2.6 however I was still experiencing a different error code (0x00234c02) which I fixed by adding “kip1patch=nosigchk” to my hekate_ipl.ini all is well now no more errors when installing nsp’s or xci’s.

Hopefully that will help you guys out too!

Cheers!

French

FirM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks! tl;dr is this pre-release candidate safe and stable yet? I'm seeing a lot of folks experiencing issues in this thread.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Takokeshi Thanks so much! Great news :). But are homebrew apps like Tinfoil and Goldleaf still not working?
No clue, I don't use them. You can always downgrade back to 13.2.1/1.2.6 if something you need doesn't work on 14.0.0/1.3.0 (gamecard lotus3 firmware was updated in 14.0.0 but they didn't even burn a fuse, so even that will still work after a downgrade.)

FirM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok! I guess I'm just curious how folks are installing their NSPs on Atmos 1.3.0, or potentially accessing Daybreak for future HOS OFW updates. I'm gonna wait until I'm sure these work as expected. I want those folders sooooo bad, but not at the risk of not being able to add any more games or update the OFW after that.

PS - I've never downgraded my switch, and honestly don't know how. Was I supposed to back something up during past OFW updates? Or something to do with emuNAND or sysNAND (also never messed with these)?

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Daybreak as included in Atmosphere downloads is designed to work on the version of Atmosphere it is included with. You can count on that.

If you had a emmc backup you could restore that to "downgrade" back to the previous firmware version your backup was on, but otherwise you can just get firmware packs online for Daybreak. It can handle both upgrading and downgrading.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I fixed the issue by downgrading my emummc back to 13.2.1 using daybreak with hekate 5.7.0 and atmosphere 1.2.6 however I was still experiencing a different error code (0x00234c02) which I fixed by adding “kip1patch=nosigchk” to my hekate_ipl.ini all is well now no more errors when installing nsp’s or xci’s.

Hopefully that will help you guys out too!

Cheers!

French
exactly, that steps repair sigpatches missconfiguration. remove you ATMOSPHERE and BOOTLOADER folders, and reinstall Hekate & Atmosphére (downloading NEW FROM GITHUB) and then copy the new set of sigpatches, remember to add patches.ini to you new BOOTLOADER folder, test all and then, reinstall your sysmodules (emuiibo, sysclk, etc.) and any cheat, mod you have.

FirM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I genuinely didn't know that there were other installers outside of Tinfoil and Goldleaf. That's great!

So AtmoIXL and DBI are both confirmed to work in Atmos 1.3? I'm just wary of messing something up. I don't use a custom theme or game mods or anything, I just install NSPs and play... am I at risk of breaking something still?

Also, is Checkpoint working? I really like to back up my game saves regularly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night