1. duckbill007

duckbill007 GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    Work with USB does not mean piracy. Ability to apply sigpatches - that's way more piracy than access to USB

2. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

is there problems with standby mode on atmosphere? since i updated a while ago i have used the switch a few times. i put it into standby and then sometimes when i come back to it the switch is just on a black screen. i guess rcm or crashed. obviously i can re-inject atmosphere payload but it never used to do this

3. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Chile
    Hi, have a particular situation that maybe you can help me.
    I'm trying to install a homebrew NSP forwarder BUT without actually installing the NSP, so I'm extracting it to romfs/exefs from the NSP, then via layeredfs overriding the files of a legit eShop game (a demo for example), but so far haven't had any luck, the forwarder throws me "Close software" error each time, I wonder if I need apply some patch before extract the NSP?

Last edited by cucholix, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Hanabee

Hanabee Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Guys, if I have a modchip Switch, can I run atmosphere hack on it? After 2 members of SXOS are arrested, I kinda worry that they will eventually stop supporting SXOS in general.

5. Sneethan

Sneethan GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I think so. Double check just to be sure but it should work.

6. ChronoTrig

ChronoTrig Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That's been the big talk in the comments section of the news article posted on this site-- if Atmosphere will work with the modchip; some have said that Erista V1 will work, but unsure of V2 ( I don't think SciresM implemented Mariko yet into Atmosphere code-- hopefully and maybe it will become more of a priority now because of the situation? I won't bet on the horses though). People have also said to hang tight since that's only 2 people of a scene arrested when there's multiple people behind the scenes making things work. ... It's nice to have options though just in case.

Last edited by ChronoTrig, Oct 4, 2020
  7. IGHOR

IGHOR Member
    Newcomer

Ukraine
    Last edited by IGHOR, Oct 21, 2020
    m0mij1 likes this.
  8. SciresM

SciresM Developer
    Developer

United States
    Happy June 15th!

9. C7XL

C7XL Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Changelog:

0.15.0 is Atmosphère's thirty-eighth official release.

fusee-primary was last updated in: 0.15.0.

With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 0.15.0 is bundled with hbl 2.3.4, and hbmenu 3.3.0.

The following was changed since the last release:
    • fusee-primary's panic display was updated to automatically identify and give suggestions to resolve many of the most common errors users encounter.
    • Having been tested as well as I can alone, mesosphere (atmosphère's reimplementation of the Nintendo Switch kernel) is now available for users interested in trying it.
      • Beginning in this release and until it is stable and well-tested, atmosphère will distribute two zips.
        • Users who wish to opt-in to mesosphere should download and extract the "cool kids" zip ("atmosphere-EXPERIMENTAL-").
        • Users who do not wish to use mesosphere should continue using the normal zip ("atmosphere-").
      • Users may detect whether mesosphere is active in system settings.
        • When mesosphere is active, the system version string will display "M.15.0" rather than "0.15.0", and so on for future releases.
        • Crash reports and the like will contain information on whether or not the user is using mesosphere, as well.
      • There are "probably" no material user-facing benefits to using mesosphere at this time.
        • Developers may be interested in the fact that mesosphere provides many newer SVC APIs even when on lower firmware versions.
        • The primary benefit to using mesosphere is that any issues you may encounter and report to me will be fixed.
          • All users who choose to opt in to using mesosphere have my deepest gratitude.
      • Note: If using hekate instead of fusee-primary, you will have to wait for the next hekate release for mesosphere to function, as hekate's support has not yet been included in an official release build.
        • This will be updated in the release notes when hekate provides a new release.
      • As mentioned in previous release notes, when mesosphere is stable and well-tested, it will be enabled by default and atmosphère's version will transition to 1.0.0.
    • Having been tested sufficiently over the last half-year, Atmosphere's NCM implementation is now opt-out, rather than opt in.
      • In the unlikely event that any issues are encountered, please report them to @SciresM.
      • Users interested in opting out of using our implementation should set stratosphere!disable_ncm = 1 in BCT.ini.
      • The NCM implementation will stop being opt-out in a future update, probably around the same time that mesosphere becomes opt-out instead of opt-in.
    • Several bugs were fixed, including:
      • Loader now sets HBL's thread priority to a higher value when loading it in applet mode.
        • This fixes an extremely-slow launch ("hang") when using applet-HBL with certain games that do not suspend while inactive (e.g. Super Mario Sunshine).
      • set.mitm now caches user language configuration much more heavily.
        • This severely reduces lag in certain games which misuse the "nn::oe::GetDesiredLanguage()" API.
      • A bug was fixed that could cause erpt to fatal when loading an official save file that had error report attachments in it.
    • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
    For information on the featureset supported by 0.15, please see the official release notes.

Gamerjin, GCS, pOOB73 and 5 others like this.
  10. AD2076

AD2076 GBAtemp Regular
    Developer

Italy
    Will you opt-in mesosphere?
    I will

11. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    Experimenal ? What's that ?

12. Bullseye

Bullseye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

It's how game developers release their games nowadays. Triple A games and such... Maybe it rings a bell..

azoreseuropa likes this.
  13. azoreseuropa

Portugal
    Ahh.. Makes sense. Thanks!

14. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I've already been using it for months ;)

AD2076 likes this.
  15. BOLNICHKA39

BOLNICHKA39 Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Are there many problems with the mesosphere? I mean, long to wait for atmosphere 1.0.0?

Last edited by BOLNICHKA39, Oct 27, 2020
  16. azoreseuropa

Portugal
    I use mesosphere right now and it works great.

17. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    It works fine, I personally haven't encountered any issues that haven't already been fixed. It's opt-in because testing has been fairly limited.
    AMS 1.0.0 will happen after tma/htc is reimplemented, unless Scires changed his plans.

peteruk likes this.
  18. 1basti1

1basti1 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Is there, or what is the reason, that we no longer can change files in the atmosphere folder when the switch is turned on? I don't get it, it's really inconvenient for game mods etc.

19. Fgamer

Fgamer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

You can still add mods and so on, only essential atmosphere files are protected.

20. 1basti1

1basti1 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Okay thanks. but still inconvenient. I don't get it. At least there should be an option to make it like it was before.
    Haven't updated yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - development, Atmosphere, Firmware