I love this day.

2. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    Atmosphere 0.14.2 is out!

3. laz305

laz305 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So I’m currently on 9.0 sys and emu. What do I need to update first Atmos sys or emu?

4. TonyMax

TonyMax Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You don't have to update sys at all. I haven't for a bit. I'm on lastest atmosphere and older sys fw.

laz305 likes this.
  5. laz305

United States
    ok thanks but I'd like to update all cuz why not right. What I need to know is what do I update first? and doesn't updating kill all installed games?

6. PHiLiPZ

PHiLiPZ GBAtemp Regular

Slovakia
    New Atmosphere works with old Horizon OS. New Horizon doesn’t work with old Atmosphere. Definitely Atmosphere first. And it won’t kill your games.

NoxiousNinja and laz305 like this.
  7. laz305

United States
    Thanks just tried and I get hit with an error screen saying wrong ini cfg failed to load hos. If anyone can help I uploaded my sdcard you can look at it and tell me what I need to delete so I can update Atmos please!!!!

8. TonyMax

TonyMax Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Did you delete the sept and atmosphere folders and then copy over the new ones? I've had issues if I directly copy over the folders.

9. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    take note - back up your system before updating. its NOT related to updating atmosphere, but i recently jumped to sysnand 10.1 and on one of my kid's system it botched the update and i had to revert to an old 6.2.0 system.

PSA thats been stated a million times - BACKUP BEFORE YOU UPDATE! you might lose all your data if you do not.

0.14.2 working fine with updated sigpatches on his system nonetheless.

NoxiousNinja and laz305 like this.
  10. laz305

United States
    Yeah I deleted the atmosphere folder and sept. Should I be deleting the bootloader folder as well?

11. PHiLiPZ

PHiLiPZ GBAtemp Regular

Slovakia
    Every folder that’s included in the atmosphere release archive should be backed up, deleted and then extracted from new archive. Never overwritten, maybe with the exception of some configuration files and only if tou know what you’re doing.

12. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
  13. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Addict

@SciresM

I've been wondering if it would be possible to add an option to atmosphere when it crashes (for example with Retroarch it crashes regulary for me in 30min-1h intervals), the console would reboot to payload without user interference pressing the console power button and such?

I have my Switch on a different floor and going up to press the button just to reset to RCM is quite inconvenient. Would that kind of thing be possible? Like a countdown timer until it reboots to payload again or something like that?

14. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    There's been an option to autoreboot from fatal for awhile now, it's in system_settings.ini somewhere.

15. Y0sh1

Y0sh1 GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    True

@fatsquirrel check this out

16. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Addict

Mother of god! THANK YOU!!!

Im not well versed in programming but..I should open the systemsettings and edit the string to "fatal_auto_reboot_interval = u64!0x0" right?

But how do I make it reboot to rcm and not normal reboot?

17. Digi_Ohhh

Digi_Ohhh GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Yes, that's the field you need to edit. Replace `u64!0x0` with `u64!0x2000` and the system will wait two seconds (or `2000` milliseconds) before rebooting.
    it can't reboot 'instantly' though, i.e. the number after `u64!0x` must be greater than zero (you could probably argue that one millisecond can be considered 'instantly')
    it can reboot normally, reboot to rcm or reboot to the `reboot_payload.bin`, which is located in `/atmosphere`
    it all depends on the `power_menu_reboot_function` field, which by default is set to `str!payload`: this means Atmosphere will basically reboot to rcm and then inject `reboot_payload.bin`, which is the same as `fusee_primary.bin` (it will reboot to Atmosphere). You can use a different payload, Hekate for instance, by renaming it to `reboot_payload.bin` and then replacing the one in `/atmosphere`

18. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    ^ that, but copy the system settings file from config_templates to config first and use that copy

Digi_Ohhh likes this.
  19. SciresM

SciresM Developer
    Developer

United States
    Happy June 15th!

20. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    exFat users dont update to fw10.2.0 as atmosphere 0.14.3 supports Fat32 only.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - development, Atmosphere, Firmware