Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

PalomPorom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I hit the update system button launching a game now I'm on 6.2 :(. Any hope for me or do I have to wait for an updated CFW?

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

PalomPorom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a full backup? (raw+boot0/1)
Wait I do have my boots and rawnand! Do I just restore them or what. Don't wanna brick.
Also does the boot backups firmware version matter? I think I may have updated since I made the boot backups. And I have 2 nands. 1 on 4.0 I think and the other on 6.0 I believe.

Edit - I'm back up and running on 6.1 again. Learned my lesson for sure. Had to wipe my sd archive data though but that's OK I didn't lose my saves, reinstalling shit is cake

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Last edited by PalomPorom,
Reactions: Skonikol

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroarch crashes everytime I try to install emulators or toolkits.
I haven't tried the other one though.. I just want one that won't keep crashing on me..
My Switch is on 6.0.2.
Are you running homebrew through the album or are you running it through game/app. Retroarch has some issues when running through album

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ran into something strange today I'd like to ask about. I just got the black screen error 2495-1623 on startup problem. Here's the thing: I did not change anything related to this in any form whatsoever. I know this is normally caused by a mismatch in the kips files when you upgrade, but I haven't changed any files related to Atmosphere -- just BOTW's titlebg.pack. I was playing around with doing some Breath of the Wild modding and accidentally put in a mod from the WiiU (yeah, woops on that) so the game was completely freezing on the title screen and ultimately crashing and force closing the game after a while of me pushing buttons. After I shut down and took out the incorrect file and put the old one back on to restore it back to the last known good configuration, suddenly I'm getting this error if I continue booting Atmosphere via its payload. I deleted everything in the Atmosphere folder but the game layeredfs in titles (I removed the system titles just to be sure,) the secondary payload, etc etc just in case one somehow got corrupted just from that and reextracted them to my memory card. Then I extracted the clean setup from the official Atmosphere 0.7.5 release back to the memory card.

The funny thing is, I can use the "CFW" configuration from SDFiles where it basically just loads more or less the exact same kips individually. I have a SwitchMe, so I'm using Hekate (4.2) anyway (yeah, I could flash Atmosphere's loader on there, but that would be kind of stupid since I wouldn't be able to do backups, run other CFWs in a pinch, etc etc.) The SDFiles CFW is based on 0.7.5 anyway, so I'm not really losing anything at this time (in fact it boots faster when it doesn't go through that whole process.) However, I do want to be able to boot the official Atmosphere releases as needed (particularly where a major release does something useful such as the 6.2.0 updates later perhaps -- though I plan to leave mine on 6.1.0 for a while until things are completely stabilized.) I generally liked to keep it on the official standard Atmosphere release anyway since it's difficult to be sure how stable third party CFWs will be at a given time, so I do still want to get that working. However, I can't think of any files that could possibly have been affected that I haven't replaced back with clean originals, nor should there be anything extra now. At this point it should literally be the same setup that worked perfectly fine before I accidentally put on the wrong mod even if one of those files was somehow corrupted. In fact, even if somehow something else got corrupted then the "CFW" option shouldn't work since it's pretty much the same thing, so the fact that it works implies that if it really is corruption somewhere it has to be something somehow specific to stock Atmosphere.

It's not a big deal right now, but I really need to get this fixed eventually. And I really don't want to have to delete absolutely everything and start over or something horrible like that or to have to restore an old system backup (yeah, ok, it has been a while since I made that backup and it is extremely outdated and then some.)

Neath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thinking about making the switch from ReiNX to Atmosphere. I've been out of the scene for a couple months. Is it as easy as just changing payloads and SD card files? I don't want to lose .nsps already installed - so maintain the Nintendo folder I presume?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You just change the CFW files, no need to mess with installs. You need to get the sig patches from something like Kosmos though.

Reactions: Neath

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr