Hacking Question (atmosphere 0.9.4) how can i move my installed game in sysnand to emunand?

Yhiv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
i bought some game before i installed cfw. and i want to move them into emunand. if i try to play game in sysnand, i have to switch emunand to sysnand and it's quiet tiresome. how can i move installed game in sysnand(9.0.1) to emunand(9.0.0)? i really need help.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought some game before i installed cfw. and i want to move them into emunand. if i try to play game in sysnand, i have to switch emunand to sysnand and it's quiet tiresome. how can i move installed game in sysnand(9.0.1) to emunand(9.0.0)? i really need help.
Reinstall them.

pegasus123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well the emummc if created from Hekate is a complete clone of the sysnand, that is if you have some installed games already, you would just need to move your X:\Nintendo to X:\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo

Panzrier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too clear on mounting the internal sysnand or the emunand file/partition.. the emummc Nintendo folder, and the regular sysnand's one are easily accessible, though. it's the same as on 3DS, just find the game by title ID, and copy the save data over to wherever you need. it's usually "main" or some nondescript file.. better to just drag the whole folder, probably. you'll have to reinstall the game because of tickets or something, but yeah.

edit: I think you can mount sysnand on pc thru hekate or some kind of tool. I don't know if it has its own Nintendo folder for when you don't install to SD or what. If all saves are naturally on the SD's Nintendo folder, then everything's good. Back to looking up the title ID and just copying the folder over the one made when you reinstall the game on emunand. It's a lil annoying but the save data is usually most important anyways, I'd assume

Last edited by Panzrier,

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the emummc if created from Hekate is a complete clone of the sysnand, that is if you have some installed games already, you would just need to move your X:\Nintendo to X:\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo
is their any way... to have emmunand read the nintendo files without copying them there?

it just seems silly to have two of the same HUGE files in different spots for reading the games

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
is their any way... to have emmunand read the nintendo files without copying them there?

it just seems silly to have two of the same HUGE files in different spots for reading the games
You can edit the config file emuMMC/emummc.ini and replace the line "nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo" by "nintendo_path=Nintendo".

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
so i would be able to do this with paper mario when it comes out ? or just any game in general ?
This makes your emuMMC use the same Nintendo folder (the folder that contains game files) that your sysNAND, so any game installed on your sysNAND will also be installed on your emuMMC (if you created the emuMMC after the game was installed on your sysNAND obviously).

Reactions: Kizzy

Kizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This makes your emuMMC use the same Nintendo folder (the folder that contains game files) that your sysNAND, so any game installed on your sysNAND will also be installed on your emuMMC (if you created the emuMMC after the game was installed on your sysNAND obviously).
yeah of course i created my emuMMC way before the game the is coming out. I just didn`t wana go through whole process of rehacking the switch to add one game when i figured there has to be an easier way of doing it but appreciate the info.

Last edited by Kizzy,

Kizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so pretty much just to be clear i just copy the sysnand nintendo folder into emmu/raw1/nintendo and replace that nintendo folder with newly updated one correct?

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
so pretty much just to be clear i just copy the sysnand nintendo folder into emmu/raw1/nintendo and replace that nintendo folder with newly updated one correct?
I'm not clear on what you want to do precisely, you want to have the game installed on both your sysNAND and your emuMMC at the same time ? And you don't want to duplicate the game files and only have them in one Nintendo folder ?

Kizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not clear on what you want to do precisely, you want to have the game installed on both your sysNAND and your emuMMC at the same time ? And you don't want to duplicate the game files and only have them in one Nintendo folder ?
im just trying to prepare myself for the future game i wanted added on cfw so i was just wondering is all i have to do is copy the nintendo folder from ofw to the emu folder and the game will be there ?

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
im just trying to prepare myself for the future game i wanted added on cfw so i was just wondering is all i have to do is copy the nintendo folder from ofw to the emu folder and the game will be there ?
I assume by "added on cfw" you mean "added on emuMMC". If you want a game to be available on emuMMC only and not on sysNAND then there is no need to use the same nintendo folder for both sysNAND and emuMMC, and in fact I would recommend not to. So all you have to do is install the game after having booted emuMMC (with goldleaf for exemple). If you chose to install it to the internal storage everything will be in the emuMMC partition, if you chose to install it to the SD card then most of the game data will be in the Nintendo folder associated to your emuMMC (so by default /emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo). The only reason to merge both Nintendo folder is if you have some games installed on your sysNAND, create an emuMMC partition from this sysNAND and want to be able to lauch these games on emuMMC without duplicating your Nintendo folder (which obviously takes double the space). Since you're talking about installing a new game there should be no need for you to copy the nintendo folder nor to edit your emummc.ini.

Kizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume by "added on cfw" you mean "added on emuMMC". If you want a game to be available on emuMMC only and not on sysNAND then there is no need to use the same nintendo folder for both sysNAND and emuMMC, and in fact I would recommend not to. So all you have to do is install the game after having booted emuMMC (with goldleaf for exemple). If you chose to install it to the internal storage everything will be in the emuMMC partition, if you chose to install it to the SD card then most of the game data will be in the Nintendo folder associated to your emuMMC (so by default /emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo). The only reason to merge both Nintendo folder is if you have some games installed on your sysNAND, create an emuMMC partition from this sysNAND and want to be able to lauch these games on emuMMC without duplicating your Nintendo folder (which obviously takes double the space). Since you're talking about installing a new game there should be no need for you to copy the nintendo folder nor to edit your emummc.ini.
I usually get my games digital so im not sure if works the same way as the hard copied games.

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I usually get my games digital so im not sure if works the same way as the hard copied games.
Hooo so you mean you're going to legally buy the game on your clean sysNAND and want to be able to aslo access it from your emuMMC under CFW ? Because yeah then thats a whole different process. Sorry I can't really help unless I understand precisely what you want to do.

Kizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooo so you mean you're going to legally buy the game on your clean sysNAND and want to be able to aslo access it from your emuMMC under CFW ? Because yeah then thats a whole different process. Sorry I can't really help unless I understand precisely what you want to do.
Exactly what you just said is what i wanted to do. "legally buy the game on your clean sysNAND and want to be able to aslo access it from your emuMMC under CFW"

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Exactly what you just said is what i wanted to do. "legally buy the game on your clean sysNAND and want to be able to aslo access it from your emuMMC under CFW"
Ok so there are different ways to do that. The first and probably simpler way is to recreate your emuMMC partition from your sysNAND after having installed the game, and then you can either edit emummc.ini to make the emuMMC partition use the regular nintento folder (as detailed here), or if you have the space just copy the content of /Nintendo to /emummc/RAW1/Nintendo. Well except if you installed the game in your sysNAND memory and not to your SD (or moved it from your SD to your sysNAND, which is an option available on FW 10.0 and higher), then no need to worry about the Nintendo folder since the game data will be copied when you recreate your emuMMC partition.
If you don"t want to recreate your emuMMC then you'll need to either back up the game from your sysNAND using a homebrew (this tool should work), which means booting your sysNAND under CFW at least temporarily, or to download the game from the internet. Then you can reinstall it on your emuMMC CFW with a NSP installer like goldleaf (no need to copy the Nintendo folder nor to edit emummc.ini in this case).

Last edited by LeMageFro,
Reactions: Kizzy

DigitalPhenom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have purchased several digital copies of Nintendo games from the eShop before I ever began using CFW. I can potentially see risks of editing the emummc.ini and using the same Nintendo folder that the regular Switch OS uses.

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't this set off a telemetry flag if I ever decided to play my downloaded eShop games on my standard Switch OS after I've been playing with them on CFW?

Also, won't all the games that I downloaded from various sites on the internet also show up on the regular Switch OS? If that's the case then that cannot be good.

Does anybody have any experience or a little more insight on this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have purchased several digital copies of Nintendo games from the eShop before I ever began using CFW. I can potentially see risks of editing the emummc.ini and using the same Nintendo folder that the regular Switch OS uses.

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't this set off a telemetry flag if I ever decided to play my downloaded eShop games on my standard Switch OS after I've been playing with them on CFW?

Also, won't all the games that I downloaded from various sites on the internet also show up on the regular Switch OS? If that's the case then that cannot be good.

Does anybody have any experience or a little more insight on this?
No you will be fine since pirated and legitimate games look identical once installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did it all for the cookie!!!