Atmosphère 0.9.0 released, introduces emuMMC support

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Jun 16, 2019.

1. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I wouldn't waste your time replying to the SX haters :( They've no idea about XCI files as they can't use them. Like most SX users I would download a XCI version than a NSP one.

gizmomelb likes this.
  2. wiiando

wiiando GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    So why are you here? nothing better to do?

This is free, with continued community support, SX isn't free and is closed source, so.....

3. Kubez
    This message by Kubez has been removed from public view by Chary, Jun 17, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 16, 2019
  4. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    well unlike you, I can use NSP or XCI files and to recycle your quote and I think your talking :shit:

you think you know better than 1000s of SX users who can use both , but most like me would pick the XCI version :rofl2:

Last edited by JoeBloggs777, Jun 16, 2019
  5. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

GBAtemp Patron
    Darth Meteos is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    Australia
    Down Under
    So does this actually prevent bans, or can you still be scoped out?

6. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 17, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 16, 2019
  7. anothertemper

anothertemper Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2016
    So with emunand the system would by default boot into the stock firmware, and you would have to manually enter RCM each time you wanted to use emunand? Or is there a way to toggle a default without generating a ban flag?

Last edited by anothertemper, Jun 16, 2019
  8. Wednesday101

Wednesday101 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHack...ive/erbbw7c?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

There are two ways to set up an EmuMMC right now:

(Keep in mind, this will all be obsolete within about 72 hours with the release of a new version of Hekate, and/or the release of Atmosphere 0.9.1)

Backup-in-a-folder (currently broken within Atmosphere, apparently works in CTCaer's local builds of Hekate)

1. Create a folder (named anything you want, within any folder, wherever you want.), create a folder inside that folder called "eMMC", and put a NAND backup AND boot0/1 inside the eMMC folder (name the parts of the backup "00", "01", etc.)

2. Create an "emummc" folder inside /atmosphere/, and create a new file called "emummc.ini" within it. Fill it with the following:
      [emummc\]
      emummc\_enabled = 1
      emummc\_path = path/to/emummc
      (Note: the emummc_path is to the folder that CONTAINS the eMMC folder, not the eMMC folder itself. The emummc_path will also contain the redirected Nintendo folder, by default named Nintendo_0000. If you add the optional emummc_id = <something> parameter into the INI, you can change this number. I advise you leave it out, for now)
    Backup-in-a-partition (the classic way to do EmuNAND, a la 3DS days)

1. Create a folder (named anything you want, anywhere)

2. Get your NAND backup and all its parts, and issue the command: cat boot0.bin boot1.bin rawnand.bin > emummc.bin to concatenate them into a single large .bin file.

3. Shrink your SD card's primary fat32 (or exFAT if you're not afraid of losing all your data to Nintendo-quality filesystem corruption) partition by the size of the big .bin file, and make a new, empty partition to fill the now-unallocated space.

4. dd your emummc.bin file into the new partition.

5. Create an "emummc" folder inside /atmosphere/, and create a new file called "emummc.ini" within it. Fill it with the following:
      [emummc]
      emummc_enabled = 1
      emummc_path = path/to/emummc
      emummc_sector = <The sector that's at the start of the emummc partition>
      (Note: the emummc_path will contain the redirected Nintendo folder, by default named Nintendo_0000. If you add the optional emummc_id = <something> parameter into the INI, you can change this number. I advise you leave it out, for now)

9. gnmmarechal
    This message by gnmmarechal has been removed from public view by Chary, Jun 17, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 16, 2019
  10. Txustra

Txustra GBAtemp Fan

May 18, 2013
    Spain
    Can emuNAND be updated via Internet without any risk?

11. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    only if its clean

12. Txustra

Txustra GBAtemp Fan

May 18, 2013
    Spain
    By "clean" you mean unbanned, flagged, etc.?

13. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    and only ever being used for legal stuff, yes

14. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2018
    United States
    California
    Hm... well, I have both, a clean and unclean Switch. But maybe now I can make things a little more convenient by only having one Switch that can do it all, provided Nintendo doesn't get smart. I'll also wait a couple weeks to see how things play out.

15. JMP

JMP Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016
    i want to be sure. i have my switch never used homebrew or any hack. of course no get ban and clean nand (ver 5.1.0)
    i make emunand bla bla etc my point here is this : this have risk to get ban if i used emunand or emummc (only play legit games or free games in eshop)?

16. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    Republic of Ireland
    nsp isnt better when I have 700gb of roms on a external i can instantly load

17. Darksabre72

Darksabre72 Blue Falcon

Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    wait so the only thing atmosphere is missing is loading games on a usb?

18. g4jek8j54

g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2007
    United States
    This thread is about Atmosphere 0.9.0. Take the Team-Xecuter shit to a different thread...

Anyway, awesome release! Well done to everyone involved with it. I'll probably wait until 0.9.1 is released before I try it, but it's nice to finally be able to use an emulated NAND while keeping the original untouched.

19. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    And shouldn't that disclosure be on the front page?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It still uses your cert. So still has ban risk

20. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    .3DS files also became obsolete at one point and there was people with microSD cards full of roms, just because of people like you doesn't mean that XCI are becoming obsolete

21. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Right. They're not becoming obsolete. If there's a use for them (which there always will be, because options never take away from the experience, only add more to the experience. Having options is always good.) then there will always be people using that option. I switched from Gateway to Luma fairly late in the game, and I still kind of regret it. I miss the drag and drop, as well as the nice clean menu with cheats. I think one thing we have to make clear here is despite some ignorant individuals hating on SX for literally no reason, there is still reason to use SX over atmosphere for some. It has some worthwhile features which Atmos does not. I'd like to refer everyone to my last post. The back and forth arguing and basless bashing of SX is really immature. it's like people here TRY and find reasons to hate SX. There's legitimate reason as to why one would like it better than Atmos, and haters just hate because it's "paid". I talked with some on discord, and got banned from a discord server for asking for help with getting something running. They asked which version of atmos I was using. I told them I use SX. Then everyone started yelling, "LOL", calling me names, and I was banned from the server instantly. Then the mod, the guy who makes retroarch...? I think? (mx-whatever his name is... he's an asshole...) and a few others PMd me, stating that it was my fault that I was banned and that I was in the wrong and that I'm an asshole for using SX. They practically shat on me because I was using SX, calling me names, and being sincerely harsh toward me, unprovoked. I use both Atmos and SX. I just find it incredibly immature how assholes try and hurt others, for their choice in CFW. It's silly and childish. What I want to see is people accepting that SX has features that Atmos doesn't, as well as the fact that there's reason to use Atmos over SX. It's a two-way street. I want to see assholes like MX-whatever his name is among others here, to drop the childish bias, and start being more open minded and accepting about what others choose to use. Nobody is "wrong" for choosing one firmware over another.

I just want to see the bias, and the rudeness from the silly and immature biases dropped.

I think this is a great step for those who like Atmos > SX, and it's great that they're getting emunand. I think that's wonderful. But I just want all of this childishness and immaturity from users to stop.

nikeymikey and Asia81 like this.
  22. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    Unfortunately SX has became obsolete, you are losing more than winning, most of people here aren't haters, I even own a SX OS license, of coure, I don't use it, because I know that using obsolete stuff isn't good, the day where you are forced to update will come, and SX won't update for you when that day comes, or the day where you need to use a custom module, or a proper emunand that is made fine and with care (and not fast like TX), or even a software solution
    Also, the biggest problem here is that that obsolete cfw is behind a paywall while the others aren't

lordelan and zxr750j like this.
  23. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    No, that's bias. It hasn't "become obsolete". When there is literally no reason to use it, and it's still a paid for product, and another firmware offers all that it does, and more, only THEN will it become obsolete. I don't think you understand what the word, "obsolete" means. When there are still reasons to use it over another firmware, (HDD, and XCI, to name a few), then there will always be a calling for it. There will always be people who would rather use it because it has features that the others don't. Therefore, it's not obsolete, in any literal sense of the word. This isn't a "game" or a "war". Nobody is "losing" or "winning", and that mindset that you carry just solidifies the childish immaturity, of which I'm discussing. There are still reasons to use it, therefore it is NOT obsolete. And to the rest of that paragraph, that's all baseless assumption.

GBATEMP, this is the kind of bs I'm talking about. The kind of immaturity that I'm tired of reading about.

There's still reason to use it, therefore, by definition, it is NOT obsolete.

Just be okay with others having opinions, and liking a different CFW than you. I use both, I prefer SX. I have friends who prefer Atmos. Stop being childish and just let everyone enjoy whichever firmware they prefer. It's not that difficult of a notion to comprehend. We all have our preferences, and there is still reason that some prefer SX over Atmos. Therefore, it's not obsolete. Just let everyone be happy having their own opinions. Sheesh.

Last edited by Josshy0125, Jun 17, 2019