Atmosphère 0.9.0 released, introduces emuMMC support

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Jun 16, 2019.

1. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Why is this the case? Still no XCI loading on Atmos. Personally as i said earlier in the thread i dont see why everyone is so pro nsp. These must be installed and uninstalled again if your nand/sd fills up and you want to add a new game. XCI's dont need installing and will play from usb hdd using SX. Much easier and cleaner in mho.

Once Atmos implements this then yes SX will probably be dead, but until then no, SX is still very much alive.

gizmomelb and mmajunkie77 like this.
  2. Wednesday101

Wednesday101 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    Quick question, for save files and such, using the emuMMC and checkpoint is the best option to restore my previous save files?

3. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    :toot: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :toot:

zxr750j and findonovan95 like this.
  4. jajamundo

jajamundo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    Im with you! I dont understand why we still having haters on both teams. Just enjoy their CFWs and stop acting like kids.

Atmosphere finally implement emuNand, but they still not having XCI loading and probably never will, because they doesn't support piracy. And the part of have to install NSP and uninstall them everytime reall dislikes me. Ok use another SD card, but you need to turn off your console, change the SD card, turn on again your console, run payload. With SX OS just plug a HDD and thats it. No need to install anything, just copy the XCI and thats it. If you wanna start using emummc then go to your SD card and start changing numbers on múltiple files. If you wanna use emunand just entable it. SX OS is friendly, and thats the main reason a lo of people still using it.

So stop saying its obsolete when is not. Stop the hating and enjoy using SX OS or Atmoshpere or Reinx. Just enjoy your CFW.

gizmomelb, mmajunkie77 and nikeymikey like this.
  5. fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    lol we where quite happy to pay for modchips on pSX PS2 XBOX andXBOX360 any chance to get something for free lol , anyway i like XCI because i can store them on my USB hard drive and not take up all the space on my switch and SD card like NSP do, i have all the games i like and play and want to try sitting on my USB hard drive and pressing 2 or 3 buttons is not going to kill me, and all this talk of ILLEGAL files BAHAHAHAHAAH you playing copied games , wait there is all ways that one guy who only ever dose homebrew , hello to you you mostlilky be writing your reply as i am writing this ,because your ears are burning. and look forward to all the post and messages of HELP i did the EmuMMC and now i have problems because i wanted to go on line and now my switch is broke.

Simple it is a trade off, COPIED GAMES or go ONLINE , you can't have both

my 2 cents

nikeymikey likes this.
  6. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Of course you can. With emunand. :creep:

7. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Hahaha.. One day they will have XCI loading on atmosphere. You watch. For me, SX is officially dead anyway. By the way, you forget.. Most NSP are eshop files. And I don't converted them to NSP anyway. Only eShop files.

You can always restore and it will be cleaner and use XCI loading when atmosphere is available with it. :)

8. Wednesday101

Wednesday101 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    is there a decent tutorial for this yet? I have everything ready to try it out

9. fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    Lol the amount of stuff you have to do, not worth it

10. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I dont forget, it takes a few mins to covert an nsp to an xci, i do it to every eshop game i wanna play. Also add in all the updates and dlc into the xci's too. :)

gizmomelb and JoeBloggs777 like this.
  11. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    any guide on how to set-up emunand?

12. gamemasteru03

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    Does anyone know how to switch from sx os partion emunand to atmosphere partion emunand?

Powerful likes this.
  13. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2015
    United States
    California

So simple to setup on both Atmo and SX and you get dual boot - More than worth it. Amazing work guys THANKS.

TX SX is def 1 step closer from being obsolete

14. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Addict

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    It's because of the spoilt self entitled millennials now that are the cause of the bickering and drama.

gizmomelb and nikeymikey like this.
  15. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Meowgular

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    Correct, if you come from CFW you can backup your saves with checkpoint, the backups go to sd card so you can save it for restore again on your emuMMC when it are ready.

Don't try to restore saves on your OFW (Sysnand), have a ban risk, restore it only on your emuMMC and don't let it come never online, unafortunally, you can't restore the saves on your OFW, should be always clean and never touch any homebrew or patch.

16. Wednesday101

Wednesday101 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    Awesome. I restored back to my clean backup and followed your steps with updating and such. When you refer to merging into one, is there a tool for that or a way you recommend? I'm pretty familiar with the homebrew scene (started with ps2 back in the day) but I just want to make sure I'm doing so correctly. Or if you know of a guide, that would be awesome.

*edit*

i found the joiner script for hekate, so ill use that. But any guides for proper emummc would be awesome still

Last edited by Wednesday101, Jun 16, 2019
  17. tommasi

tommasi Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2006
    Canada
    Does it work on patched units? I want to get a new switch and I’m wondering if there is any hope for patched switches

18. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Fan

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    Great news before my birthday tomorrow! Ill wait next year to be stable positive Switch is only 27 months old Good Job tech

19. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Don't really care about XCI but what matters is USB loading. Having this ability in Atmosphere would be greatly appreciated.

pcwizard7 and Darksabre72 like this.
  20. budtoka420

budtoka420 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2012
    United States
    Great try atmosphere you'll finally improve to tx's level oh wait no xci and I'm not splitting shitty nsps or converting sx os drag and drop

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you use atmosphere you are all still pirating and dont fucking lie

fixingmytoys likes this.