Atmosphère 0.9.0 released, introduces emuMMC support

RattletraPM Jun 16, 2019.

1. Chocola

Chocola GBAtemp Meowgular

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    The 35$ isn't the cons for SX OS (it's cheap, they didn't should ask for money for this things but isn't the unic team that do this...), I have money to pay their crapy license, but didn't like closed source things from unknown teams or developers that didn't know that they do with my devices or data.

Both are good because SX OS it's based on Atmosphére, and have a bit features because they don't need to work on firmware compatibility, they let atmosphére work on these things and expend their time on they own mods.

When SX OS release the emunand feature the SX OS users talk about Atmosphere/ReiNX users because we don't have the emunand and they yes, the war of consoles / firmwares are pathetic but he just share his comparison and opinion without disrespect.

nachuz likes this.
  2. MSearles

MSearles GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    I'm an SX OS user from when it was first released. How easy is atmosphere to use? With SX OS. You just plug in the dongle with a jig and hold two buttons to power on. As long as you keep it in sleep mode. It'll always be in CFW

3. Chocola

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    It's the same, just inject hekate or fuseé and enjoy, if you didn't turn your console off (only use sleep mode) you don't need do anything, I have mine more than 2 weeks without reboot with atmosphére.

4. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Just a thought, since this emummc/emunand relies on a clean nand backup flashed to a partition to run the cfw on, even if it is emulated it still has your cert attached yea because it is part of the nand backup?

5. Chocola

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    Yup, it's a 100% copy of your sysnand, so if you like trim some data (like cert or id's) you should do manually, there are a PR of prodinfo fake emulation on atmosphére but isn't merged for now and are WIP (need check more partitions when the Switch store identificable datas).

If you don't modify your emummc data, you have the same risk comming online and affect aswell to the online services of your sysnand too (it's a server ban).

Last edited by Chocola, Jun 16, 2019
  6. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Correct but there's an open PR that blanks PRODINFO through mitming it that I personally expect to be merged soon and that will probably be able to be enabled for emuMMC.

SaffronXL likes this.
  7. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Awesome. Now, how do you use emuMMC?

8. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Meaning that the current build and online play is just as likely to get you banned as not. and if you blank your prod info you cant connect to servers iirc so whats the point?

9. MSearles

MSearles GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    If I wanted to switch over my XCI's to NSP's, could I do so and still have my save files intact?

10. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    I can definitely say that the team outdid itself to deliver on June 15.

SaffronXL likes this.
  11. Wednesday101

Wednesday101 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2018
    United States
    Two questions:

1) Can an emummc be upgraded to a later firmware than your system nand? For being able to play cadence of Hyrule on a 5.1 system firmware for example.

2) Ideally the system nand should be updated and use the emummc for homebrew stuff. If I’m on 5.1 (fuses burned) and I upgrade my sysnand (prepatched unit) to the latest, does it break homebrew? If so, how would a switch boot into emummc?

Last edited by Wednesday101, Jun 16, 2019
  12. Idontknowwhattoputhere

Idontknowwhattoputhere bruh

Jan 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    If you would read its not 100% stable

13. MSearles

MSearles GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    How am I supposed to believe you when whatever you say is bullshit?

SaffronXL likes this.
  14. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Seriously ? A proof?

15. MSearles

MSearles GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Don't believe him. Whatever he says is bullshit

16. Idontknowwhattoputhere

Idontknowwhattoputhere bruh

Jan 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Capture.PNG Quit with your damn bullshit

17. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Yeah but... read below:

Thank you. It is still in beta, I see.

18. Chocola

Sep 18, 2018
    Korea, South
    Neko Paradise
    If you want play online, run homebrew stuff and you have unpatched unit, the point it's the next:
    1. Make sure that your sysnand are clean of CFW or homebrew stuff, if not, you need to restore your last clean nand backup and disable autorcm.
    2. Check that your clean backup work fine and your Switch still without ban, update the sysnand to last firmware version and put the Switch on Airplane mode (you can remove all wireless settings too for more safe).
    3. Then make a copy of your current Sysnand for emuMMC, you need merge BOOT0, BOOT1 and rawnand.bin into one file, emummc.bin.
    4. After this, for enter on OFW and play online you only should power on your console with power button, make sure that you remove the SD card with emuMMC and homebrew stuff before boot on OFW, you can enable wireless again, play online and do legal things.
    5. To enter on CFW, you need a jig (or internal chipset) to inject hekate and boot on your emuMMC, you can do any CFW or homebrew things there, but always offline (if you trust on DNS solutions, incognito, etc etc... you can try to go online, but never to N services, only the rest of Internet)
    This it's the same way of backup and restore nand between OFW and CFW, it work and I can trust that they didn't detect it, but take care with the emuMMC, the actions taked on emuMMC have the same risk of do it on sysnand, this just allow us to swap between OFW/CFW avoiding the backup and restore process, so if you do any thing that can ban your console, gona ban it, there is no protection against bans.

Please note that this steps are only for unpatched units, if your unit it's patched you didn't should update your sysnand, on this case the point is mantain the sysnand on lower version possible for run software exploits and the emuMMC on the last version updated with choi for run the lastest games, but these devices can't go online with or without emuMMC.

Last edited by Chocola, Jun 16, 2019
  19. OvOvOv

OvOvOv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    Spain
    RIP sxos.

20. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal