Atmosphère 0.9.0 released, introduces emuMMC support

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Atmosphere already has cheats though

Full Metal and ELY_M like this.
  2. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    True but not as nicely made as the sxos version imo. It's a good start though ^^ but the backwards compatibility is nice.

3. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I'd argue it's nicer than SX OS. There are more tools to make cheats and bugs with the SX OS cheat engine have been fixed with dmnt (Atmosphere's Cheat Engine)

Full Metal and salmon01 like this.
  4. Iamapirate

Iamapirate GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2013
    Just bought an RCM jig and a larger capacity SD a few days ago, to finally hack my Switch. Good timing I guess? :D

Thanks to all the wizards out there that worked on this. It continues to blow my mind!

5. KuranKu

KuranKu I am KranK

Jan 13, 2019
    Israel
    Israel
    Please wait for AMS 9.0.1 before getting into emummc ^^

Essasetic likes this.
  6. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    I’ll ask you to excuse my noobishness in advance please.

AFAIK I’ve been doing everything right in preparation for this day. I have a pre-modding NAND back up from 4.1, and have updated since then without burning fuses.

So you’d want your legit NAND to be the untouched one, and the emulated one to be the one with CFW, right?

This means your legit NAND needs to be on the latest firmware or this is all for nothing, which means burning fuses, right? restore your original NAND, and then update it legitimately through Nintendo’s servers, right? So you have to back up all your saves and in essence start totally from scratch on the latest FW? And from there make your redirected CFW NAND?

And this means you have to always be on the latest FW on the legit NAND or there’s no point, right? What if a new FW adds something to detect a redirected NAND? Are we all screwed?

MarkDarkness and Cyan like this.
  7. ImLEBrAn

ImLEBrAn Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2019
    Antigua and Barbuda
    So it took them 8 months to do the same thing SX already has? Nice copy I guess.

DbGt likes this.
  8. KuranKu

KuranKu I am KranK

Jan 13, 2019
    Israel
    Israel
    This nothing like sx os , sx os used dirty implamintation a hook diffrent functions
    Ams Emummc > sx Emunand by all means
    And this will come way more promesing than sx emunand .... irrcccc

Full Metal, mathew77 and Essasetic like this.
  9. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    Traditionally SX OS users have not shit all over atmosphere's parade when they get some new features (unlike the reverse), so can we stop the SX OS vs atmos bullshit please?

10. KuranKu

KuranKu I am KranK

Jan 13, 2019
    Israel
    Israel
    No bullshit or drama, the guy said what he thinks i have corrected him all fine mate ^^

11. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    no worries mate, just getting in early as we all know how fast the ''us vs them'' CFW comments escalate out of control.

12. ImLEBrAn

ImLEBrAn Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2019
    Antigua and Barbuda
    You haven't corrected anything.

mmajunkie77 likes this.
  13. jacopastorius

jacopastorius GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2018
    Italy
    Great result for the hacking scene, we really have to say thank to the Devs.
    Anyway, I think unless you have a 1.0.0 fw for booting emummc directly from sysnand , it is a little frustrating. This because you have to disable auto RCM and every time the jig has to be inserted to boot in sysnan or emunand

14. mike087

mike087 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2017
    Ecuador
    I will keep sx os tho, playing xcis offline and playing online with my original games... not banned since its realease. I dont wanna take the risk with emunand

Last edited by mike087, Jun 16, 2019
    MarkDarkness and gizmomelb like this.
  15. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    I’m going to wait because I already have a banned switch and I recently got another unpatched switch at the moment mainly as a backup switch.I’m just glad this was released.

16. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    Earlier systems had raw NAND chips on the motherboard and "emulating" those with hard disk or sd card became "emunand".

The switch uses an MMC module, which almost certainly contains NAND chips. I suspect they just called it something different for fun.

If you want to go online then yes you have to be on the latest on sysnand, but if for example you have a 1.0.0 console that you boot atmosphere using a web browser exploit then you will be able to run whatever FW you want from enunand.

Last edited by smf, Jun 16, 2019
  17. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    :unsure:

18. KuranKu

KuranKu I am KranK

Jan 13, 2019
    Israel
    Israel
    Ehh im not into this nonesence , everyone alowed to think what they have in mind ,
    Ones again sx emu isnt what emummc is they are developed on diffrent approach ... end of discusions

Essasetic likes this.
  19. jacopastorius

jacopastorius GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2018
    Italy
    How do you manage to boot into different nands? Do you have auto RCM enabled and sx os allow to choose what to boot in its boot menu?

20. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    I am curious about something though, obviously don’t go online with this but does that online also include lan play. I guess I’m not just asking about atmosphere here because I’m not too sure how sxos emunand is.