Atmosphère 0.9.0 released, introduces emuMMC support

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Jun 16, 2019.

1. ninjistix

ninjistix GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    i think the title should include the word "BETA" emuMMC support

Memoir and Josshy0125 like this.
  2. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Not very user-friendly at the moment, but really awesome start! I'm happy that atmos now supports emunand! I'm sure it'll be more fleshed out and user-friendly in one or two updates.

3. ninjistix

ninjistix GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    yes im happy about the progress, but not going to re-read all the previous posts, I just feel the title is a little misleading

4. xtrem3x

xtrem3x GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2008
    Just a quick little point for you...

At the start of this thread, the 5th post was a post by a fanboy bashing SX. Before that there was no bashing. SX users didn't come in here bashing Atmos. Atmos users started trying to bait SX users simply because they now have a beta version of what SX has had for the last 8 months or so. I rarely see a post by an SX user trolling an Atmos user, but it seems in Atmos threads Atmos users try to bait SX users and in SX threads Atmos users spam the thread turning it into trash that nobody wants to read.

If Atmos is so superior why can't Atmos users take the higher ground and stop spamming threads into oblivion? Just be satisfied with the far superior CFW you have... Unless of course, you have to bash SX users to convince yourself that Atmos is a better option? Because that is what it looks like

Josshy0125 likes this.
  5. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    I accidentally updated it before SX supported that version (because nobody knew that updating games via local wireless also updates the system), I waited like 2 weeks, TX didn't launched any update to their CFW, at that moment I knew that SX sucks, while others enjoy Atmosphere or ReiNX updated, I was just here waiting, so I decided to switch to a better cfw where I could use custom sysmodules and fast updates, atmosphere, but, uninstalling the emunand based in a hidden partition was a pain in the ass, it took me the entire day and I lost a lot of time because of it, just because TX emunand sucks and they didn't thought of people that wanted to backup their emunand (which also makes it pointless, as if the emunand bricks, you can't recover your save files/tickets), fortunately, after like 10 hours, I got my emunand installed on the sysnand and it booted on atmosphere, but obviously not on SX

6. g4jek8j54

g4jek8j54 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2007
    United States
    Just because you can easily find a build of Atmosphere that enables piracy does not mean that the developers of Atmosphere support those solutions, and whether or not most users of Atmosphere use it for piracy purposes is irrelevant to that.

Okay, I admit that I probably misread that. I have heard that claim many times by Team-Xecuter supporters, however, but yeah, I now see that you weren't saying that. My mistake. It doesn't really matter though, as that is far from the only reason why people dislike them, as has been pointed out in this thread. It's not simply because it is a paid solution. If Team-Xecuter actually did their own work, I would have no issue with them releasing a paid solution.

You have LITERALLY posted nothing since you joined this site yesterday, and I never said that "They use the term 'hate' so they're wrong herrrr". That statement of mine was merely an observation.

Atmosphere supporters have given points towards their arguments, and have given their opinions for why they dislike Team-Xecuter's "software." They are just as valid as what Team-Xecuter supporters have offered (and that their points are "solid" is simply your opinion). Apparently, you are the one who is too stupid to see this...

Great. My point was to keep it out of this thread. In case you weren't aware, the title of this thread is...

Atmosphère 0.9.0 released, introduces emuMMC support

I guess the moderators disagree, but I don't think that this should be a thread for discussing the pros and cons of various custom firmwares. For organization purposes, that should be in a different thread. I would say that this thread should be for gratitude/criticisms of the release, users reporting their experiences with 0.9.0, bugs, etc.

I provided ACTUAL facts and ACTUAL points (that they steal code from open source projects, and that they once included brick code in their software). Other users have provided ACTUAL facts and ACTUAL points as well. There were even some referenced in the fifth post of this thread, which another poster referenced as a post "bashing SX OS." By the way, I also disagree with their use of the term "obsolete." Whether something is obsolete or not is subjective, and a matter of personal opinion.

:rofl2: They *literally* steal code from Atmosphere. It would be pretty embarrassing if it couldn't "do everything that Atmos can do."

And I can promise you, I will never be "salty" when it comes to anything by their company. I have an unhacked Switch on 1.0.0, and have no problem waiting for a solution that suits me (like, you know, a solution that wasn't once malware). I'll just continue to wait/go do something else until that solution is ready.

Nah, I would say that the entitled children, who only care about their warez, and who feel the desire to bash and disrespect homebrew developers because they disagree with their anti-piracy stances, are one of many things that are wrong with this forum. I've seen this false sense of entitlement on here since the Wii hacking scene was in its prime, and it was directed at Team Twiizers/fail0verflow. I'm sure that's not the only example.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Who's acting immature and stupid now? You don't tell me what I can and cannot post about on here.

Why not just ignore it, then? I've seen posts in SX OS threads of SX OS fanboys bashing on Atmosphere. I don't care or really even notice though, since I very rarely go into those threads. Too bad the SX OS fanboys in this thread can't do the same thing...

Nah, I was convinced when the brick code was discovered that Atmosphere was a better option. ;) I assumed Atmosphere would be a better option prior to the discovery of the code. No "bashing of SX users" was necessary...

7. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Christ. The mental gymnastics on this one. The clear immaturity you exhibit shows your lack of rational thought. Not to mention, you still haven't provided any real points to support your argument. The way you're trying to prove your point (which you still haven't done...) reeks of irrationality...You're not worth my time. I'm done arguing with you.

Last edited by Josshy0125, Jun 18, 2019
  8. FoxMcloud5655

FoxMcloud5655 GBATemp Developer

Nov 16, 2015
    United States
    Cornaria
    I hate posting on topics like this, but I feel the need somehow to point out that people who know they're wrong but want to argue to make themselves seem like they are on the high ground typically bash a person's personality and critique what they say with a microscope. They also tend to say that they are finished, make a huge point about how the other person is being unreasonable, and then try to always be the one with the last word, no matter what. Just an observation.

Also, I use Atmosphere and backup/play my own, legit purchased games. I do not, have not, and will not ever download pirated copies of games for the Switch.

The emergence of the emuNAND is a great first step towards helping users play the way they want to. I see it being used to have 2 copies of a game (like Smash); one for offline cheats and mods, and a fully legit one to play online with other people. Excited to see the possibilities!

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655, Jun 18, 2019 - Reason: Clarified that I use Atmosphere and fixed grammar.
    Ian095 and g4jek8j54 like this.
  9. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Smh. There's no correlation between what you're talking about. I'm literally taking the high ground. I'm not 'pretending', nor am I being 'sneaky'. What I said, is not indicative of me "being in the wrong" at all. To try and say this is a silly attempt at a jab. I wanted to reply one last time, and had every right to do so. I'm not bashing the person's personality. I've made very valid points. He made literally zero, and tried bringing up "outside points" (which meant literally nothing...) in an attempt to try and appear to "win" the argument. The point is, I called him out on that, and his reply was just silly and 'jabby'. What you're trying to accuse ME of, is not indicative AT ALL of me being in the wrong. And the fact that you're trying to assume that shows that you're simply trying to manipulate.

And do you? That's great. Cool. But the odds that most of the people out there who use Atmos to do everything BUT play pirated games is SEVERELY slim. What you're doing is not indicative of what everyone else is doing. And if you think about it from an unbiased viewpoint, odds are, the majority of atmos users are pirating games as well. To say they're likely not is simple bias and ignorance.

And I agree with the emunand thing. I think it's amazing that Atmos has that option now. As with all the arguments I've witnessed on this site prior to joining, this one also went off track, and in a weird spiral, to avoid valid points that were made. I, along with NUMEROUS others made VERY VERY valid points about the simple fact that SX is not obsolete, and that there are still many that prefer it, while there are many that prefer atmos. If you look back at my initial post, you'll find that all I was doing was stating how users need to stop bashing one firmware over another, and that, well, yeah, it does come, FAR more often from Atmos users, due to nothing but literal bias. If you look at the replies here, all of the points they've made are all "whataboutisms", and things like, "SX steals" or "atmos doesn't 'come' initially patched with the ability to pirate"... like ALL of those things are incredibly wishy-washy, and hold no ground toward arguing the very valid points that I, along with others, have made. It's like they were trying to bring up outside points, which don't even further their argument, in an attempt to "prove us wrong". It's silly, and is quite literally immature. And it's pure bias. Whereas, the points that I, along with others, were making, were actual VALID points. And unlike them, we weren't trying to spin the conversation into a completely different subject, in an attempt to "win the argument". So please. Take that bias elsewhere. Because trying to psycho-analyze my actions for my previous post has absolutely no bearing on whether I'm "right or wrong". Please stop trying to manipulate what I'm doing to make it seem like I'm "in the wrong", when in actuality, what I said and how I'm acting holds no connotation toward being "right or wrong". I did, however, state ACTUAL valid facts, and reasonings, whereas, the other people were, in the LITERAL sense, trolling, going, "HAHAHAAHA FOOL" and childish shit like that. I think if any unbiased individual were to read this thread, it'd be clear where the bias and baseless hatred comes from. So please. Stop attempting to say that I'm in the wrong by bringing up an entirely irrelevant thing, which actually holds absolutely no connotation as to whether or not I'm "right or wrong."

... This is the kind of childish shit I'm talking about on this forum, that needs to stop. The hateful circle-jerking and baseless bias, without actual "points" needs to stop. And it's quite clear as to which side plays the part in the "trolling". And if you read a few posts back, you'll see a very reasonable post by someone who stated who's more likely to troll and try and reel in people to start arguments. It's pure childishness, immaturity, and hateful bias. So please. Leave it out. Thanks.

10. SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive GBAtemp Expert

Apr 18, 2016
    United States
    can i use my sx os emunand files with this? i ask because i wanna switch but dont wanna lose data

11. Specced9

Specced9 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2018
    Finland
    I believe they are looking into it, but I would not consider it the first feature they prioritise.

12. xtrem3x

xtrem3x GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2008
    Why not just backup your saves, then make a new emunand with this?
    Or if you have a spare micro SD card lying around, make make a new on that to test it, then when you know it's working properly transfer your saves/data over...

13. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    Can people just calm down and shut the fuck up already?
    Do that shit in PM. Please.

Pluupy and FoxMcloud5655 like this.
  14. SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive GBAtemp Expert

Apr 18, 2016
    United States
    cause i dont want to have to reinstall all my games, and i cant test it because i dont have a spare sd thats big enough

15. gamemasteru03

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    You dont have to reinstall a new emunand. You can even duel boot sx os and atmosphere emunand. Just follow this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-atmosphere-emummc.541060/.

16. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I was replying to the guy who said Atmos doesn't come with the required patched for piracy, that's fair enough but still doesn't throw any water on the argument that MOST Atmos users ARE using it for some sort of piracy. Even backing up and playing your own carts is still considered piracy. Therefore your comment about whatever being irrelevant is actually irrelevant itself :lol:

Josshy0125 likes this.
  17. LuigiXHero
    This message by LuigiXHero has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 23, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 19, 2019
  18. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    ANYONE HAS tried to connect to internet with clean Nand yet?

19. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 23, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 19, 2019
  20. Ian095

Ian095 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    First of all, y'all need to shut up about arguing about sx OS and atmosphere. Both are good in their own right but I never wanted to pay for it, so I waited.

Main point though is I guess I'll wait for this to be improved upon. From what I'm reading we have no clear indication of how reliable this is of avoiding a ban. Even loading vanilla with hekate but avoiding burning fuses is surely just another risk in its own right, to use a clean nand but not burn fuses. It sounds great if I were able to play tetris 99, splatoon 2 and super Mario maker online with legit copies. Yet, I don't feel like risking it on a new release of emummc (which from my experience everyone who rushes to quickly use these new features seem to get banned because there was an unexpected error or such that made ninty aware). Don't quote me on that just from my perspective. Maybe down the line this will be great when it's more clear of the risks, and been polished up to actually avoid bans and protect the systems fuses.

FoxMcloud5655 likes this.
  21. LuigiXHero
    This message by LuigiXHero has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 23, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 19, 2019
  22. Cambanana

Cambanana Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2019
    New Zealand
    Yay

23. robloxOBCTBCBC

robloxOBCTBCBC Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2017
    United States
    now that emummc is out, is it a ban risk to install nsp/xci and playing them offline on emummc?