Atmosphère 0.8.8 released, now compatible with firmware 8.0.0

atmosphere-png.162000

We've seen it time and time again: an OFW update drops by, CFW gets broken, the devs start working and everything gets fixed eventually. However, looks like this time it's sooner rather than later for the Switch scene, as Atmosphère 0.8.8 has just been released thanks to the efforts of @SciresM and his team!

The key feature this time around is, of course, firmware 8.0.0 support, which was released by Nintendo earlier this month. While it's still recommended for patched units to avoid updating, as the new OFW fully fixed the vulnerabilities used by the upcoming dejà vu exploit chain, unpatched units can now install it and enjoy CFW safely. Some bugfixes are also included, as well as custom exception handlers for Stratosphère modules.

One last important detail to keep in mind is that fusee-primary was updated with this version: you'll need to update it in case you're using it, otherwise Atmosphère may not boot properly.

As usual, you can find the full changelog below:
0.8.8 is Atmosphère's fifteenth official release.

fusee-primary was last updated in: 0.8.8.

With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 0.8.8 is bundled with hbl 2.1, and hbmenu 3.0.1.

The following was changed since the last release:

• Support was added for firmware version 8.0.0.
  • Custom exception handlers were added to stratosphere modules.
    • If a crash happens in a core atmosphere module now, instead of silently failing a reboot will occur to log the information to the SD card.
  • A bug was fixed in creport that caused games to hang when crashing under certain circumstances.
  • A bug was fixed that prevented maintenance mode from booting on 7.0.0+.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
For information on the featureset supported by 0.8.0, please see the official release notes.

UPDATE: A hotfix was released for people having issues with the CFW.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GBAtemp thread

Last edited by RattletraPM,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
UPDATE: I removed my titles folder and replaced it with the stock one and I'm booted onto CFW! Themes must've broken it.
You have to disable themes before updating and then enable them again. This is not specifically 8.0 related

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have install Signature Patches but not working :(
They need to be updated first ofc

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody reproduce the issue that I'm having with Emuiibo? I want to check (for XorTroll) if it's a software issue or an issue with my setup.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is 8.0 the same fuse count as 7.0.1? Or did you upgrade to 8.0 without burning fuses? It boots 7.0.1 without a dongle right?
The way I see it it doesn't boot anything at the moment besides 1.0.0, well certainly not 7.x yet

Wait!? Patched units can use Choixdujour?
If they were somehow able to run cfw, ofc they can

Switch_Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Switch_Maniac Well... Time did certainly tell.

(for reference he said that SX OS might get the update for 8.0.0 first due to the masterkey not changing).

It was clearly a joke, but would have been interesting to say the least. I actually said that none of the CFW will probably take long since the master_key didn't change. Then said imagineif SX released first.

Reactions: Essasetic

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can't wait someone to insert sweet sig patch!

p.s. btw, how to update CFW from previous one?? just copypaste new files and overwrite everythings??

Reactions: CallmeBerto

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The way I see it it doesn't boot anything at the moment besides 1.0.0, well certainly not 7.x yet

I meant the switch boots 7.x without a dongle, no point in having a downgraded console for dejavu if it has too many fuses burned and you need a dongle to boot the console.

Wait!? Patched units can use Choixdujour?

choidujour runs on the pc using backups normally made by hekate, if your console is patched then you can't run hekate but you could probably open the console to dump it run choidujour and then write it back. Not sure it's worth the effort, you may as well get hold of an unpatched console.

Last edited by smf,

Shigure20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I still can't get into the OFW/CFW. I upgraded from 7.0.1 online to 8.0 before. Does anyone know how to solve this problem
psb

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I updated to 8.0.0 and update the new atmosphere 0.8.8. now I get unknown pkg1 failed to launch. Tested it before going to 8.0.0 and it worked on 7.0.1 but now I get failed to launch. Used the latest version on github, download 1 hour ago. Somebody ideas?

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Ah I guess we wont have an exploit for the future "new switch", but at least those on patched units get they exploit finally.

All are hackeable on this world, soon or later, a new CVE on the hardware, firmware or software dependencies gona be discovered and exploited to get access to full system xP

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it correct that using Hekate 4.9.1 with Kosmos V12 autoboot profile and changed Atmosphere 0.8.8 files gives the "unknown pkg1" error? Because when chainloading only fusee-primary it works fine. Does Hekate needs to be update for this to use autoboot profile?

I got it working but because that ES patches aren't quite ready yet I downgraded back to 7.0.1 and using Atmosphere 0.8.8. Downgraded back in 7.0.1. loading profile of Kosmos V12 and Atmosphere 0.8.8 works perfect.

ChoiDuJourNX is one heck of a homebrew. Perfect flawless up and downgrade functions.

Great work SciresM for delivering this quick, awesome project.

Reactions: garco

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to note a lot of layeredfs content doesn't seem to work, not just themes. My installs of Mario Odyssey and Taiko don't start with mods, but Xenoblade 2 did with a graphics settings mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.