Atmosphère 0.19.0 released; adds support for Switch firmware 12.0.0

atmosphere.png

@SciresM has released the latest version of Atmosphère. Version 0.19.0 adds support for Nintendo Switch on firmware 12.0.0 and the release is also bundled with hbl 2.4.1, and hbmenu 3.4.0. In addition to some stability improvements and bug fixes, version 0.19.0 of Atmosphère includes improvements to mesosphere. The release note mentions that the current focus of Atmosphère's development is on the implementation of the host target connection protocol.

You can find the full changelog below or in the source link:

The following was changed since the last release:
  • Support was added for 12.0.0.
    • mesosphère was updated to reflect the latest official kernel behavior.
    • sm, boot2, pgl were updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
      • Please Note: 12.0.0 added a new protocol for IPC ("tipc"), which has been freshly reimplemented in its entirety.
        • It is possible there may be as of yet unfound issues; if there are, please send the appropriate crash reports to SciresM (SciresM#0524 on discord).
        • Homebrew which uses atmosphere extensions (including the mitm API) will need to be re-compiled in order to function on 0.19.0.
          • I apologize for this, but it's unavoidable for technical reasons. If you're affected by this and mad about it, please contact SciresM to complain.
    • erpt was partially updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
      • New features were added to erpt to track the activity of running applets, and to detect when a forced shutdown occurs.
      • These behaviors have been temporarily stubbed, as they are not necessary for 12.0.0 to run (and their outputs won't be saved anywhere).
      • A future atmosphère update will implement these behaviors, in the interest of reflecting official logic as faithfully as we can.
  • Atmosphère no longer uses the /contents/ folder for its own programs.
    • Atmosphère's system modules are now bundled together in the single file "stratosphere.romfs".
      • For those working on developing for atmosphère, executables inside the /contents/ directory will be preferred to those in "stratosphere.romfs".
    • Please Note: In order to facilitate this change (and the desired behavior), the first time you boot after extracting a release zip, atmosphère system modules inside /contents/ will be deleted.
      • This will have no impact on user programs (it only removes programs with specific program ids).
  • Improvements were made to mesosphere, including:
    • An extension InfoType was added for getting the current process handle, without having to spawn a thread and do IPC with oneself.
    • An issue was fixed in SvcSetDebugThreadContext.
    • An issue was fixed when doing IPC with user buffers.
  • Support was fixed for toggling the custom setting usb!usb30_force_enabled on 9.0.0+.
    • This was broken by Nintendo's introducing a dependency that made USB a requirement to launch before custom settings are parsed.
    • Since the fix, you can now toggle the setting (as you could prior to atmosphère 0.9.4), and it will work as expected.
    • Please Note: Enabling USB 3.0 often severely impacts wireless communications.
      • Because of this, the setting will default to off. If you experience issues with it enabled, consider disabling it.
  • A warning was added to daybreak when resetting the console to factory settings.
  • Substantial work was completed towards atmosphere's upcoming implementation of the host target connection protocol.
    • Once completed, users will be able to interact with a Switch running atmosphère via a PC application ("Starlink") currently under development.
      • Planned eventual features for connected consoles include a gdbstub, interacting with memory (for cheat development), streaming gameplay audio and video, and accessing the Switch's SD card filesystem.
      • Switch homebrew will also have access to a (configurable and sandboxed) filesystem on the host PC, while connected.
    • Towards this end, the following was accomplished:
      • The "htc" system module was reimplemented completely.
      • The system module which provides remote access to the SD card was reimplemented completely.
    • This is currently the active focus of atmosphère's development.
    • Please Note: Support is not yet completed, and users are disadvised from interacting with the related settings for the time being, unless they particularly know what they're doing.
  • A number of minor issues were fixed, including:
    • A bug was fixed in dmnt that could cause a fatal when launching certain games with cheats active.
    • An issue was fixed that could cause an abort in sm when using a large number of custom system modules.
    • An issue was fixed that prevented launching gamecards on 1.0.0.
    • Minor issues were fixed in the cheat virtual machine's behavior.
  • Several issues were fixed, and usability and stability were improved.

:arrow: SOURCE

DNStuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the dude is amazing but I still don't know how to switch from SXOS using Emunand to Atmosphere without losing all my save games and how it all works.
So now I will wait IF SXOS will release a new version. In fact I think I've been waiting since November or something and if there won't be something out once Skyward Sword releases I think it can be confirmed that SXOS is officially dead and I hope I've figured out how atmosphere works by then.

Reactions: Deleted User

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I got my Vita hacked not too long ago, should really look into hacking my Switch. After all I do have a pair of old joycons I am not using so bending the pins on one is no big deal.

eagle41204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just downloaded the package and copied everything to me SD card. But after running the payload the switch stays on a black screen. Do I miss something?
Injected payload on ubuntu with fusee-gelee and a 12.0.0 switch.
Do you load via Hekate? It needs to be updated too.

Before you update plz uninstall any custom themes guys.
Worked fine for me without clearing my theme first.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. Will this be the end of SXOS?

That's only speculation at this point. nobody knows. I can't even find news on what's going on with Gary and his jail situation. If he gets out of jail, we will (I'm guessing) probably see another update come about.

CaVaLiEr666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
updated atmosphere cfw, boots fine into atmosphere, no games work says try again from the home menu, also wifi wont connect, but connects fine in ofw, most of homebrew stuff crashes the console forcing a reboot to payload.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.