Atmosphère 0.17.0 released; Fusée now supports Mariko units

atmos.png
The 42nd official version for Atmosphère, version 0.17.0, is now available from @SciresM . While it comes with several updates, the most significant one is the Fusée support for Mariko units. The developer notes that Fusée was heavily rewritten in order to add support this hardware but also points out that Mariko hardware currently have no software exploits. Fusée works when loaded from bootloader context with the right keys in the security engine. Fusée-primary was also updated in the 0.17.0 version.

This update also fixes an issue with Erista hardware in the way shutdown is performed and reduces power drain on these consoles from within Atmosphère. The full changelog since the last release can be found below:

• fusee was heavily rewritten in order to add support for Mariko hardware.
    • Please Note: Mariko hardware currently has no (and may not ever have any) software exploits; fusee works when loaded from bootloader context with the right keys in the security engine. No means of getting the system into this state is provided.
  • An issue was fixed in the way shutdown was performed on Erista hardware.
    • This fixes an issue that caused OFW to black screen on boot after power off from atmosphere without first doing a reboot.
    • This also substantially improves power drain when the system is shut off; consoles powered off from Atmosphere should now drain battery at the same reduced rate as original firmware.
  • A number of minor changes were made, including:
    • A number of inconsistencies in the build system were fixed.
      • For those building atmosphère at home, the boot sysmodule will no longer rebuild every time make is invoked.
      • This substantially improves build times during development iteration.
    • sm was updated to more accurately reflect how official code manages request deferral.
    • mesosphère was updated to more accurately reflect official kernel management of the trace buffer.
    • mesosphère was updated to improve kernel loader's logic by taking advantage of the assumption that we only boot our kernel, not Nintendo's.
  • As it has been a few months with zero reported issues, mesosphère is now opt-out.
    • Users who wish to begin using or continue using mesosphere should use the standard/cool kids zip ("atmosphere-").
    • Users who wish to opt-out of mesosphere should download and extract the opt-out zip ("atmosphere-WITHOUT_MESOSPHERE-").
  • Several issues were fixed, and usability and stability were improved.

You can grab Atmosphère 0.17.0 via the official GitHub page linked below.

:arrow: Atmosphère GitHub Page

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive not seen a complete guide, I just used common sense and removed what wasnt needed. Im using an OG switch and have no experience with the Lite, so not sure in your case :)

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
hmm... in theory an audino would work. But someone must do the job to make the code etc.

You'd need an atmega that has native usb support, from what I've gathered is the microcontroller auto boots rcm for you and injects the payload via USB, arduinos use a usb to ttl (serial/uart adapter) and Isn't native usb, it's a serial com port, you probably could use a teensy

Also most arduinos are 8bit microcontrollers (nano, uno, mega 2560) and dont have Native usb, and iirc they have a max clock of about 20mhz or so

You'd need a 32 bit microntroller, maybe using an arduino due, but it wouldn't be as cheap as a teensy or a trinket based chip atm

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Isn't Fusee where you can use RCM and USB to run an exploit?
Fusée is the bootloader from atmosphere which verifies and starts exosphère and package2 (kernel/FIRM system modules) and patches them if necessary.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i'd rather just get an unpatched switch, and chip it
A chip is useless for unpatched units because you can easily use fusée gelée.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks to the efforts by tx that y'all blame to steal LOL.

lets see them make something new when nintendo release a new system and tx dont make new product.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Fusée is the bootloader from atmosphere which verifies and starts exosphère and package2 (kernel/FIRM system modules) and patches them if necessary.

A chip is useless for unpatched units because you can easily use fusée gelée.

I'd use a chip so I don't ever have worry about rcm jigs, Or needing a pc/dongle to inject payloads

OctuplePrecision

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really impressive work by atmosphere. it makes me all the more annoyed my mod chip got lost in the mail. Well maybe by the end of the year there might be a open source replacement, or the chinese factories might be able to produce more grey market chips.

ahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really impressive work by atmosphere. it makes me all the more annoyed my mod chip got lost in the mail. Well maybe by the end of the year there might be a open source replacement, or the chinese factories might be able to produce more grey market chips.
The sx cores right now are like 300 cad :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended