Atmosphère 0.17.0 released; Fusée now supports Mariko units

atmos.png
The 42nd official version for Atmosphère, version 0.17.0, is now available from @SciresM . While it comes with several updates, the most significant one is the Fusée support for Mariko units. The developer notes that Fusée was heavily rewritten in order to add support this hardware but also points out that Mariko hardware currently have no software exploits. Fusée works when loaded from bootloader context with the right keys in the security engine. Fusée-primary was also updated in the 0.17.0 version.

This update also fixes an issue with Erista hardware in the way shutdown is performed and reduces power drain on these consoles from within Atmosphère. The full changelog since the last release can be found below:

• fusee was heavily rewritten in order to add support for Mariko hardware.
    • Please Note: Mariko hardware currently has no (and may not ever have any) software exploits; fusee works when loaded from bootloader context with the right keys in the security engine. No means of getting the system into this state is provided.
  • An issue was fixed in the way shutdown was performed on Erista hardware.
    • This fixes an issue that caused OFW to black screen on boot after power off from atmosphere without first doing a reboot.
    • This also substantially improves power drain when the system is shut off; consoles powered off from Atmosphere should now drain battery at the same reduced rate as original firmware.
  • A number of minor changes were made, including:
    • A number of inconsistencies in the build system were fixed.
      • For those building atmosphère at home, the boot sysmodule will no longer rebuild every time make is invoked.
      • This substantially improves build times during development iteration.
    • sm was updated to more accurately reflect how official code manages request deferral.
    • mesosphère was updated to more accurately reflect official kernel management of the trace buffer.
    • mesosphère was updated to improve kernel loader's logic by taking advantage of the assumption that we only boot our kernel, not Nintendo's.
  • As it has been a few months with zero reported issues, mesosphère is now opt-out.
    • Users who wish to begin using or continue using mesosphere should use the standard/cool kids zip ("atmosphere-").
    • Users who wish to opt-out of mesosphere should download and extract the opt-out zip ("atmosphere-WITHOUT_MESOSPHERE-").
  • Several issues were fixed, and usability and stability were improved.

You can grab Atmosphère 0.17.0 via the official GitHub page linked below.

:arrow: Atmosphère GitHub Page

D

Deleted User

So does this mean that I can actually use the SX Lite modchip which has been sitting in my room for months now?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Quick hint, please use Google translate if you don't know English.

What toumi posted was in English "I downgraded 11.0.1 version to 11.0.0 using daybreak after rematre? boot 3.1.0 and everything works. I'm on a Nintendo Switch v2."

BEWARE however that is google so your data is not safe on it.

https://translate.google.com/

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
so does this mean the sx core can work with 11.01??? Without sx os entirely

Spacecraft-NX should work fine. Got it running on my Erista patched unit. As long as the payload supports Mariko units, it should be fine.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome news for us Switch Lite owners. I've been quietly waiting in the dark for an exploit for the Lites. So It's nice to see that while there's no exploit there is an updated firmware we can update to when an exploit becomes available.

ahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spacecraft-NX should work fine. Got it running on my Erista patched unit. As long as the payload supports Mariko units, it should be fine.
so I could just initially boot atmosphere on a sx core mariko switch?

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mariko hardware currently have no public software exploits
Fixed that for you ;)
They are probably keeping it for EOL.
Or if someone wants to go down the conspiracy rabbit hole, we could say the timing of this update is pretty interesting considering the recent leaks, but that would contradict the idea they already have an exploit and the white-room reverse engineering practices that make this project legal.

Last edited by Valery0p,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
how do i boot atmosphere on sx core without sx os entirely?

Spacecraft NX. Requires you to remove your backplate and plug in your modchip to your PC to write to the chip. Afterward you just put Hekate or fusee-primary on the root of your SD card named "payload.bin"

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: codezer0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2