Hacking Question Atmosphere 0.12 boot times through payloads

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
exefs ips patches work with both (they’re applied by something else later on)
kip1 ips patches are only supported in fusee, hekate has its own kip1 patching system

Want to use fss0 because its faster.
My question in other words, when i use sigpatches which has all the exe_fs & kip_patches in atmosphere directory and also the patches.ini for hekate, isthe result the same when i am booted in HOS?

They don't extend the boot time.
But if you use hekate you can skip all of the ones that aren't present in stock.

Thanks for the hint, but to reduce the amount of logos (trinket, hekate, sept, atmosphere) what settings do we need to have a cleaner boot?

hekate has:

bootwait=3 0: Disable (It also disables bootlogo. Having VOL- pressed since injection goes to menu.), #: Time to wait for VOL- to enter menu.

Anything i am missing?

thx

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I just delete the picture files, will that help? And SX OS and Horizon OFW both take about half the time as Atmosphere to boot, so I'd argue it does add time.
I've completely removed the code to display the boot logo before, it made no difference. Fusee is just much slower in general.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Want to use fss0 because its faster.
My question in other words, when i use sigpatches which has all the exe_fs & kip_patches in atmosphere directory and also the patches.ini for hekate, isthe result the same when i am booted in HOS?

Thanks for the hint, but to reduce the amount of logos (trinket, hekate, sept, atmosphere) what settings do we need to have a cleaner boot?

hekate has:

bootwait=3 0: Disable (It also disables bootlogo. Having VOL- pressed since injection goes to menu.), #: Time to wait for VOL- to enter menu.

Anything i am missing?

thx
It should, yeah

hekate skips sept after your first boot, and setting bootwait to 0 will disable the splashscreen thing

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.