I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu
OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
Persona 4 got a makeover when it switched from PlayStation 2 to PS Vita. The images below shall give the comparison in the transition.
Persona 4: The Golden looks like it has further draw distance and the mountains are visible now.
inaba2_thumb.jpg

inaba1_thumb.jpg

inaba3_thumb.jpg

:arrow: Source- http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/16/atlus-upgraded-background-graphics-for-persona-4-the-golden/

Jennyfurr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgomgomg *fangirl squeal*
haha well anyway..
it looks great. I can't wait for an English version. Dumb Vita.. making me buy you even if it's for this one game!~

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
it looks great. I can't wait for an English version. Dumb Vita.. making me buy you even if it's for this one game!~
Y'know Persona 5 might make it on the Vita as well as the PS3 (probably not but who knows since P3 was released later on the PSP)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There's also a Persona being made for the 3DS (and a normal SMT) before the 3DS was released, so that could mean that Atlus can make Persona 5 multi-plat for like several platforms (not portable ones, but home systems).

Anyways, the graphs look nice, but what I'm looking forward to the most is the new girl.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It looks awful. The whole point of the story is for Inaba to be foggy, lifeless and mysterious.

They've also removed some things in the background and made the CG look cheap.

Edit: And obviously Persona 5 will come to Vita, 3DS? Doubt it.

Reactions: 3 people

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The upgrades don't appear to be too major, but they look nice enough. I guess this will add all the more incentive for fans to replay this game.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The upgrades don't appear to be too major, but they look nice enough. I guess this will add all the more incentive for fans to replay this game.
At least it's portable with a bit of an upgrade :) Does anyone know if the engine/gameplay has been altered in any way?

Jennyfurr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks awful. The whole point of the story is for Inaba to be foggy, lifeless and mysterious.

I agree with the second part, but it's still kind of nice to have a different perspective in this version. The new backgrounds just seem to suit the vita. Stuff like being able to see what's on the bulletin boards gives you something kind of cool and new to look forward to. If I want to see the old graphics, I'll just play the ps2 version.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country

They've also removed some things in the background and made the CG look cheap.
Colours are too bright, everything is too sharp. The sharpness is just highlighting the lack of polygons. The new Vita shots look a hell of a lot less realistic than the PS2 shots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse