ATLUS to stream 30+ hours of Persona content and news on Feb. 4

What do you think they will reveal during the stream?

• Total voters

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Untitled.png

On February 4th, ATLUS plans to stream on Nico Nico Douga (which is basically Japanese YouTube) over 30 hours of Persona-related content and news. Clearly, 30 hours is a long time for a stream. However, for those of us that have been waiting with bated breath for any Persona 5 news, this is a good start.

What do you think? Will we get any worthwhile information about Persona 5? Maybe they'll reveal a Persona Q and/or Persona Arena anime?

:arrow:Source

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gimme a sequel to Persona 3 and I'm good. some more info about Persona 5 would be nice too, even better if they give a tentative release date.

Seeing as the only Persona game to get a "sequel" was 2, I dont really see that happening. 3 already has 3 different releases as well as being available on the SEN store and physically. As I see it, they naturally progress like the Final Fantasy titles do, with odd sequels here and there. 4 with the After Years, 10 and 10-2, 13/2/3. Naturally speaking, I can assume Atlus is probably done with Persona 1, 2, 3, and 4, especially after the remastered port of 4 to Vita and no 3.

As much fun as I had with P3P and P3 FES, I would actually like to see another Shin Megami Tensei title, instead of Persona, even if I am amped for P5.

Im holding out for a SMT Devil Survivor 2 3DS review copy.

Where is GameWinner, hes pants will be wet when he hears about this

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Seeing as the only Persona game to get a "sequel" was 2, I dont really see that happening. 3 already has 3 different releases as well as being available on the SEN store and physically. As I see it, they naturally progress like the Final Fantasy titles do, with odd sequels here and there. 4 with the After Years, 10 and 10-2, 13/2/3. Naturally speaking, I can assume Atlus is probably done with Persona 1, 2, 3, and 4, especially after the remastered port of 4 to Vita and no 3.

As much fun as I had with P3P and P3 FES, I would actually like to see another Shin Megami Tensei title, instead of Persona, even if I am amped for P5.

I want them to rescue Makoto Yuki, that's all.
Don't burst my bubble, hate you Bortz :bortz:

Could they remake the first 2 Shin Megami Tensei then?? I can't get around to play them even when I have everything set with both roms translated and ready to play on my everdrive.

Reactions: BORTZ

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Where is GameWinner, hes pants will be wet when he hears about this
Oh man, I would love to get my hands on a review copy of that... even if it was in .3ds or .cia form... *wink* But I agree, I highly doubt Persona 3 and 4 will get sequels. In a sense, they already have, in the form of The Answer from FES and all the retconning with Marie from Golden. Another SMT would be great, so long as they don't have any more pronunciations like "saw-moo-rye." That pissed me off.
I whant them to rescue Makoto Yuki, that's all.
Don't burst my bubble, hate you Bortz :bortz:

Could they remake the first 2 Shin Megami Tensei then?? I can't get around to play them even when I have everything set with both roms translated and ready to play on my everdrive.
*Note to self: quoting someone with spoilers reveals whatever they put in spoilers. Come on brain, try to forget it for when I get around to playing The Answer*

I would also love a remake of those games, but I have a feeling that they play like Soul Hackers, which I could never get into because I didn't like the battle system. I'm not one of those people who enjoys playing old games unless I've already played it in one form or another.

Persona is probably the most popular series of theirs, so it makes sense they put more focus in it. But, in my opinion, any MegaTen news is good news.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, I would love to get my hands on a review copy of that... even if it was in .3ds or .cia form... *wink* But I agree, I highly doubt Persona 3 and 4 will get sequels. In a sense, they already have, in the form of The Answer from FES and all the retconning with Marie from Golden. Another SMT would be great, so long as they don't have any more pronunciations like "saw-moo-rye." That pissed me off.

Yeah. Hopefully Thug can get me a US code or cart. With Atlus, its always a gamble, which is why I should probably get this gateway thing straightened out sooner rather than later in case I need to fudge regions...

Persona series is probably more popular with younger gamers. The SMT games are probably what the older, more grizzled audience remembers, though. But you are right, either way, Mega Ten news is good news for all.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Give me all of them.
Also, give me Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 Golden for the 3DS, just because I play portable, my PSP is MIA and PS Vita... meh.
I should probably buy a PS3 or PS4 to play Personas, but... even better, why not Wii U version of Persona 5?
Also, Shin Megami Tensei 5... for the 3DS or Wii U (I am short on money, don't make me buy additional hardware).

PS: I couldn't even finish P3P before losing the damn PSP, I miss it so much (the game, not the handheld)

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only for a new Vita Persona title......One can Dream I guess
Only if it's a multi-platform game. I hated having to play such a glorious game (P4G) on such a small screen. My Naoto-kun needs to be in full HD...
Give me all of them.
Also, give me Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 Golden for the 3DS, just because I play portable, my PSP is MIA and PS Vita... meh.
I should probably buy a PS3 or PS4 to play Personas, but... even better, why not Wii U version of Persona 5?
Also, Shin Megami Tensei 5... for the 3DS or Wii U (I am short on money, don't make me buy additional hardware).

PS: I couldn't even finish P3P before losing the damn PSP, I miss it so much (the game, not the handheld)
Persona 5 on Wii U is not gonna happen any time soon, if at all. At least you get to choose between a PS3 and a PS4. That's great for the millions of people who still have only PS3s, like me. Although, the prospect of Persona 5 in higher definition is rather tempting...

Also, just play P3P on your computer. PSP emulation is getting rather advanced. PPSSPP is your friend.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I'm not disagreeing, got anything to back this up, or just a feeling/gut reaction?
For one, the trailer. It only mentions PS3 and PS4. Two, history. No Persona game has ever started off on a handheld. The third is just my feeling/gut reaction. The only reason why SMT x FE is on the Wii U (assuming it's not scrapped yet) is because Fire Emblem is a Nintendo game, and it's never been on a non-Nintendo system. There's SMTIV, though, so I'm of course not completely dismissing the idea. I just believe it's rather unlikely.
I have class that day but....

*image snip*
I won't watch all 30 hours, obviously, but I'll keep an eye on the MegaTen wiki (which is what brought me info about the stream in the first place) and update this thread (and the Persona 5 thread, if relevant) when new info is released.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Spinoff news, P5 footage, P4GA bluray promo, P3 Movies promos (bluray&theaters), at least.
All I want is P5 dual audio finally, so we can stop with the undubs already.. (and PS4 can't play hacked games yet)

About P3 end spoilers : I hope The answer Chapter was not cannon as it sucked worse than a fanfic.
(I did not play P3P, and won't, spend enough time on FES as is and just hate the static screen P3P stuff)

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Persona games have always been on Playstation devices (with the exception of P4A & PQ)?

And untill 7.. All FF games were on Nintendo systems.

You -really can't use that as a basis. If that was the case.. most of the Shin Megami Tensi games shouldn't have left the Nintendo Platform.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And untill 7.. All FF games were on Nintendo systems.

You -really can't use that as a basis. If that was the case.. most of the Shin Megami Tensi games shouldn't have left the Nintendo Platform.
Except for the fact that, at the time, Nintendo didn't have a lot of competition. Then, the Playstation came out. It was an amazing improvement at the time, so of course Squaresoft went with it. It's perfectly reasonable to use 5 data points to make a trend. Like I said earlier, it's not impossible for Persona 5 to be released on Wii U, but it's rather unlikely.

Reactions: BORTZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.