Atlus sets up teaser website for Soul Hackers, reveal coming February 21st

asdasdsdasadsdasd.png

A new entry in the Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers series may be on the horizon. Atlus has a teaser website up, with a countdown ticking down to February 21 at 20:00 JST. Beyond the countdown, there's not much else, although upon loading the webpage, there is some English text. The last time we saw a Soul Hackers game was on the Nintendo 3DS, and released in 2013, as a remake of the original on the Sega Saturn.

Hello HUMAN

We want to collect your information

> Checking device compatibility
> Notice: Please, do NOT take your hands off the device
> Call “Soul Hack”
> Sequence start

:arrow: Source

Shahaan

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
It's a new game, there was a teaser stream where you could submit questions to twitter to get answered and the video was a timer spliced with hazy screenshots that flashed abruptly at points, there's a new MC and a couple of familiar locations from Soul Hackers

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never had the chance to play on the DS because it's too damn expensive.
You mean 3DS.

I was lucky enough to pick my copy up from the NIS-America (Europe) webstore during one of their sales... still have it sealed - no reason to open it with the CIA installed on my 3DS.
...but if you really want to support them with a purchase, it's still available digitally on the 3DS store for a lot cheaper than physical copies go for - grab it while the store is still alive.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean 3DS.

I was lucky enough to pick my copy up from the NIS-America (Europe) webstore during one of their sales... still have it sealed - no reason to open it with the CIA installed on my 3DS.
...but if you really want to support them with a purchase, it's still available digitally on the 3DS store for a lot cheaper than physical copies go for - grab it while the store is still alive.
They only sold a few physical copies from where I live and it's too expensive for a 3DS game at that time. I refuse to buy digital games to this day.

MartianMSK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know why but I feel like it's going to be something for smartphones. In any case, with all the years of work they invested on the 3D models for SMTV, would make sense for atlus to use them in other 3d games... who knows.

Edit: no Switch uh? Guess I'm going to dedicate all my - scarce - free time to XB3 lol

Last edited by MartianMSK,

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is the PC gaming market in Japan big? It just feels a bit weird to me in regards to the choice of platforms this game is being released to. The xbox platform has barely any presence in the japanese market for a long time. I could understand PS4 with its already established large user base but the PS5 is barely selling there(maybe due to stock shortages or just lack of interest). Maybe they're banking in on the fanbase of the more popular persona franchise? Also not releasing this on switch seems a missed opportunity seeing that japanese weekly sales chart in software/hardware is dominated by the switch. It could also be that they can't make this game run on switch though. Honestly, I still can't understand how atlus thinks.

Reactions: MartianMSK

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean cool, it's coming to PC, which means I can just play it there. But, I'm so confused as to why no Switch port, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s