Atlus Japan announces new Etrian Odyssey game and crossover

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by tj_cool, Nov 24, 2014.

1. tj_cool
    OP

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    EO5.png

In a livestream for the upcoming Etrian Odyssey Untold II, Atlus announced today not one but two more upcoming games for its Etrian Odyssey series. The first is Etrian Odyssey V, the fifth entry in the main series. No release date has been announced, but there is a teaser site here. Interestingly, the trailer and site don't mention the planned release platform, though the previous titles were released on the Nintendo 3DS.

The second announced game is a collaboration project with Spike Chunsoft. It will be a crossover between Etrian Odyssey and Mystery Dungeon, combining the mechanics from the Mystery Dungeon series with the look and feel from Etrian Odyssey. The current title for the game is "Mystery Dungeon and the World Tree", and it is planned for a release for the Nintendo 3DS on March 5, 2015 in Japan.

Currently, neither game has been confirmed for release outside of Japan. Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, another crossover between Etrian Odyssey and the Persona series, releases in North America tomorrow, and this Friday in Europe.

:arrow: Official Blog post (in Japanese)

KingVamp likes this.
  2. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Most likely that Etrian Odyssey will be on the 3DS as well, so far the entire series has been NDS or 3DS.
    I wonder what interesting new mechanics Etrian Odyssey V will have. *-*

weavile001 likes this.
  3. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    "Dungeon RPG is forever.

This is the new origin."

lol

4. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Germany
    I kinda dislike Etrian Odyssey because of how recreateable the game is with RPG maker Programs but I might check out the Mystery dungeon Crossover

5. CompassNorth

CompassNorth Denko (´・ω・`)

Oct 18, 2011
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Proof?

6. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Germany
    Why do I need proof? the First person Combat system is standard in RPG maker and creating a dungeon crawler shouldn't be too hard since you can reprogramm the way the maker behaves however you want.

7. CompassNorth

CompassNorth Denko (´・ω・`)

Oct 18, 2011
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Oh I read that wrong sorry, thought you said the game was created in RPG maker.
    Hating and first person dungeon crawlers because it's easy to make seems silly since various game genres has simple mechanics.

Skelletonike likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice