Atlus is bringing 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim to the Nintendo Switch

Released last year as a PlayStation 4 exclusive was the latest game from Vanillaware, developers of Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Dragon's Crown, and Odin Sphere. The game, titled 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, features a story set in a sci-fi world, with visual novel and real-time strategy elements. Atlus will be bringing 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim to the Nintendo Switch next year, with a release date of April 14, 2022 for Japan. A western release has not been confirmed, but is likely, given it has already had a localization on PS4.

UPDATE: It'll be out in the west two days earlier than in Japan, on April 12th.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why some think it would run poorly on Switch. As others have mentioned, it was originally also developed for the PS Vita, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to make optimizations and change some things up for smooth performance on the Switch.

Reactions: jornthree

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why sony fanboys are steaming right now? Lol, let games be multiplatform, it's literally a 2d game why would it run bad... the game is good i finished it, but i wish it stayed on japan, westerners tend to over hype atlus games to a point that it becomes cringe. See persona for example lol.
@Cris1997XX if you keep steaming like this you might have health problems later on.

Last edited by ZeroFX,
  • Angry
Reactions: Cris1997XX

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a big Vanillaware fan, so I bought it day one on PS4... although I didn't get too far through it before it got pushed aside for something else (fully intend to return to it though).

From my time with it, I find it hard to believe that the Switch would even vaguely noticeably struggle with running it.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love how people think this game will run crap on a Switch. The Switch is many times more powerful than a Vita.

The game chugs badly during combat during the latter parts of the game on PS4. The VN parts should be fine but the combat will probably chug with how much is going on.

Don't know why people are going on about the Vita, that version got cancelled.

Last edited by emigre,

Bloodis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
this game was designed for the ps4 which the switch doesn't even come close to matching. So i can just imagine the terrible fps now :lol:
You don't have to imagine, the game runs like shit on your beloved PS4. So with a little optimisation the game will go much better on the Switch.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
The game chugs badly during combat during the latter parts of the game on PS4. The VN parts should be fine but the combat will probably chug with how much is going on.

Bingo. I don't doubt the game can be made to run well on the Switch. However its performance on the PS4 is uneven enough that a quick and dirty Switch port is going to run into some big issues. Vanillaware is going to have to dedicate some serious resources into optimizing the game for the Switch; it's something they're capable of, but as we all know, publishers aren't necessarily willing to pay for that kind of work.

The fact that they were originally planning for a Vita version as well should at least give them a small head-start there on things like compiling for the Arm architecture. But since the plug was officially pulled on the Vita version years before the game was released, it's clear from the performance issues that the baseline hardware for the game either always was or quickly became the PS4.

Reactions: Cris1997XX

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Either I haven't got far enough into the game or the PS4 Pro makes a massive difference, but like I said, I've not come across anything yet that the Switch shouldn't be capable of ...if decently optimized.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Either I haven't got far enough into the game or the PS4 Pro makes a massive difference, but like I said, I've not come across anything yet that the Switch shouldn't be capable of ...if decently optimized.

I finished the game on base PS4 and battles towards the end do chug. It wasn't experience breaking but it was very noticeable especially the final battle which was chug city, the Switch version is going to to have be optimised to get the combat parts performing decently.

Reactions: duwen

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I finished the game on base PS4 and battles towards the end do chug. It wasn't experience breaking but it was very noticeable especially the final battle which was chug city, the Switch version is going to to have be optimised to get the combat parts performing decently.
So you're saying that the PS4 version was NOT optimized? :rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.