dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
half the size of the screen?

I'm sure there's a clue there somewhere,but I don't know what!
unsure.gif

I guess you could go into catalyst and turn off all extra graphics and such...have everything at minimum and run the games again.

when it crashes do you get to play the game at all or it crashes somewhere where the card isn't stressed....like the menu?

how about updating your games?

doesn't seem like a power-issue or a heat-issue though...maybe it's just a bad card,I dunno...

take a look at it(the card itself),if it's darker in some areas then you're in trouble
if you can't see anything unusual,take it back to the store and have someone look at it.

if all else fails.....format. lol

EDIT: this is gonna sound stupid but have your games run at the same resolution of your windows or vice-versa
make sure it doesn't have to change resolutions when you're entering the game?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Going by the sound of things, I think the "clue" is that the resolution drops to 640x480 (or something low like that), which makes the error prompt big. That's a symptom of GPU failure, either from mishandling the change in resolution, or from it completely resetting itself (Windows usually gives a recovery message when resolution is restored if this is the case).

However the only time I've encountered this on a computer made this side of 2000 is on a graphics card that would crash whenever it reached 80% usage. I called up nVidia and they basically said it was a dud and I sent it in for RMA.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i may have found the problem. After doing most of the stuff stated here i took a look at the drivers again. I compared mine to my friend's and he spotted that i had something called "ati tray tools" which he didn't have. I uninstalled my drivers (with the tools) and then reinstalled it and i guess the driver downloaded the tools with it. He said he didn't have it and for me to close it and walla. That stupid little program was the reason my games died on me every time. I don't know what about it fucks everything up but after i uninstalled it, everything worked fine.

I guess it downloaded every time i reinstalled the drivers, giving me the problem. =/

Thank you for everyone that helps and contributed tho this,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ati tray tools isnt part of the ati software
its 3rd party freeware and support was dropped after the 4000 series

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
ati tray tools?
are you sure?
because I had it too at one time and it didn't do anything bad...

but if it's fixed then we're good

for now at least
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night