atheism

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by xcalibur, Nov 22, 2007.

Nov 22, 2007

atheism by xcalibur at 4:22 PM (9,341 Views / 0 Likes) 163 replies

1. xcalibur
    OP

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom

2. dakeyras

Member dakeyras GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Actually, if I'm not mistaken, noone has claimed there was nothing that magically exploded. But instead it was always there only not in the same shape. That is, it was more compact and then expanded.

Also, tell me something that does happen for a reason. [​IMG]

3. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
  4. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
  5. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
  6. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    i belive in jebus !

thank you jebus !

7. jgu1994

Member jgu1994 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Stated really really well!!

Also, your poster is horribly wrong. The m theory states that the cause of the big bang is due to membranes rippling and touching each other, which than causes the big bang. Besides what makes more sense. A particle explosion that can be explained by science, or the belief that one big ass guy said let there be light, and all of the sudden everything came to be.

8. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Religious nuts always try so hard, and fail even harder because they don't realize one simple thing.

You can insult atheists all you want. But you'll always be the idiots in that battle, because atheism can be destroyed with only ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE.

Go on, now. Present your evidence, and God wins. OR, you can keep looking like a dumbass religious zealot.

9. dakeyras

Member dakeyras GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
  10. RayorDragonFall

Member RayorDragonFall I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

Spain
    Sorry... what? [​IMG]

11. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours...

- Sam

PS: No bad flaming, mmmkay... Sam's on the prowl [​IMG]

12. xcalibur
    OP

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    as riled up as you guys might get... theres a reason i posted this in the testing area rather than off topic discussion
    it was just some meaningless fun

also

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Atheism

13. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Go on and live your pathetic and meaningless life. You are one pessimistic, unhappy, jerk. Religion is not all about believing that one entity that rules all, it's about guiding us in a righteous, ethical, and moral path. Although there are many who claims to be "religious" and sin at the same time, they do not represent the rest of us, and those I do not respect. However, you have no reason to look down on all religious people, as much as I do not look down on all atheists. On top of that, can atheists themselves provide a solid evidence that God is not real? Until aesthetics have complete evidence, what you said was completely useless. You stand on the same ground as us. I don not hate non-hypocritical atheists, and I look upon every human being in equal grounds no matter what background or religion they have, I am open minded. You are almost the same as the very people you are trying to insult. Believing in a religion does not make you a "dumbass". I hate those hypocritical atheistic bastards who thinks religious people are automatically idiots. The greatest minds in the history were religious. Einstein once said: "Atheists Miss the Wonder of the World". Although I do not completely agree with that comment, I've seen one too many pessimistic atheists.

14. Nestea80

Member Nestea80 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    You don't need religion to be moral and ethical. I'm an atheist, but that doesn't mean I think murder and adultery is okay. [​IMG] It's an insult to the humans to think that we need religion to be good people.

It's not about being pessimistic or optimistic ... it's about being realistic. Just because it's optimistic to think I'll live an immortal life in heaven if I simply believe in a god ... doesn't mean I'll believe in it. I'm totally fine with thinking that I will live a finite life ... the way every other animal/organism on earth has a finite life. And even if I want to believe in God (or a god), I can't. I can't bring myself into believing in mysterious, invisible, supernatural beings. Belief is not a choice.

15. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    How the heck does not believing in a magical being make you a pessimist? I'm open to new ideas, just new ideas that have some sort of logical proof, which religion doesn't offer. Religious folks like throwing out that pessimist bull, but if you really look at it...in the end, they are pessimists. They believe they know the answers to the universe and how everything will end. Why does the Sun burn? Oh, because God did it...the end. How did humans come to be? Because God created us, we don't need to look back and see our evolution through the billions of years that the Earth has been here.

As an atheists, I don't need to prove the nonexistence of your God. My atheism stems from the simple fact that there is zero proof of a God. Hence, it's called faith. If you want to phrase it that way, why don't you go disprove any other God, or anything imaginary. Try proving that Leprechauns don't exists.

The use of Einstein is such a wrong frame of reference. He didn't believe in organized religion either. He was a Deist. They don't believe in the same type of God that most monotheist religions believe. God simply created the Universe, he doesn't care about you, he doesn't judge you, he's doesn't have a place for you in heaven. He's like a father that just took off after having screwed your mother.

16. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    -Edit- Well, the discussion isn't that bad...you fellas seem mature enough to discuss it in a proper manner.
    Damn...I gotta stop backseat moddin' [​IMG]

17. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    That's not what I'm saying, as I said I got nothing against atheists, there are many atheists who are good people (although I do not agree on their beliefs). Religion is to guide sad people like him, however, there are good people who do not need to be guided.
    I didn't judge atheists, I judged this person based on his post.
    @Jiggah, I have muslim parents, but I also do not believe in organized religion. However, I am not an atheist, just like Einstein.
    I am religious, but not superstitious. I don't believe in magical beings.

18. hanman

Member hanman I'm a pretty lucky guy

United States
    QFT [​IMG]

19. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    WHO ARE YOU TO POKE FUN AT MY LIFESTYLE.

- Sam

20. HellShade

Member HellShade GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Atheism has only come to be because there is not a single viable shred of evidence proving god's existence.

However, every scientific advancement thus far has never supported what the bible says to be true. On top of that, some advancements contradicts the bible itself.

Holding religion to self in a passive manner is completely fine. However, being a zealous idiot is not.

Edit: Frankly, a passive-religious uses their religion more as a philosophy than a religion. Think about it.