Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy announced, heads west for PS4/NS/PC

Another title not featured in the western Direct Mini today was Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends and the Secret Fairy, announced today. Koei Tecmo will be bringing the game west this winter, for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam. Atelier Ryza 2, as the title suggests, is a sequel to the original game, though not much else is known. A teaser website is available, with a countdown showing a new trailer that will premiere on July 29th.

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap. I wake up to this? I put about 80 hours in Atelier Ryza - I really enjoyed that game. Real talk though, it doesn't really need a sequel. It looks marginally improved and I'm sure they'll milk customers for another 100 by removing part of the game and making it DLC in two months. Super hyped though, since I love a feature-rich crafting system in any game.

For those wondering, the Atelier series is about gathering and crafting, and only occasionally breaks into RPG, and even then never even attempts to reach the levels of something like a Tales or FF game in either story or mechanics. If you love gathering and crafting though, you should already be playing this series. I'd recommend Firis though, it's the only one with a real open-world instead of a random, kinda lazy, world map.

Also, they no longer dub them or even voice the original Japanese for more than about 1/3 of it now. They used to, but recently they've started to cut corners that way.

Still hyped.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, and I played Riviera the promised land on psp where every single piece of text that had dialog was voiced. Even advertised on the cover. :blink:

Now I will wait for this remaster on switch. :creep:

View attachment 218183

To be fair, the original Riviera which came out for WonderSwan Color didn't have voice acting. It was then re-released to GBA with new and updated contain including partial voice acting. Few years later, the game go re-released again to PSP which now has full voice acting.

Reactions: CactusMan

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you aren't a true real gamer if you haven't beaten Xenogears, including braving the walls upon walls of text and exposition the game had. (At least the game had a satisfying ending. Can you imagine if they ended it where they had on Disc 1?)
How dare you one-up me?
Actually, I played both Final Fantasy VII and Xeno gears, and I'm aware of the wall of text for these RPG games. Is square enix I expect nothing less.

At least Xenogears had some anime cutscenes... with voice. Final Fantasy VII has cg cutscenes... with moving lips... and no voices... (Skips to the ending) :blink:

Still that was 1998, this is 2020. I had hoped that things get better and for the most part it has. But I'm constantly reminded off such things like Tales of Legendia on ps2 where the first half of the game has voices and then after the fake ending where they go into character development and chronicles and such... nothing. This is the same system that has Rogue Galaxy as a game. :rolleyes:

I'm just saying for me personally that It would be nice if your game is about pushing the story as the driving point, it could stand to have more budget to the voice and presentation to help make it enjoyable. Or maybe I'm some loser without an imagination. :ninja:

Reactions: CactusMan

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah, and I played Riviera the promised land on psp where every single piece of text that had dialog was voiced. Even advertised on the cover. :blink:

Now I will wait for this remaster on switch. :creep:

View attachment 218183

I hope they fix the names and the English dub. I remember getting annoyed with the English dub pronouncing einherjar wrong and the Japanese dub being confusing due to name changes.

I bet Ryza 2 will continue character stories being locked in DLC instead of being in the game like all the other Atelier games did. I wonder if the 2 characters she's stuck with in the first game would be playable.

Last edited by fvig2001,
Reactions: Bladexdsl

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Altlier series is more of a crafting style jrpg. Instead of just looking for loot you can make it yourself with ingredients and materials. Not everybody's cup of tea, but its something different. Glad Ryza was a success those thighs made a "huge" difference lol

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wasn't this in the english direct? Everyone loves her thighs, and it would've been a lot more interesting than WWE

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wasn't this in the english direct? Everyone loves her thighs, and it would've been a lot more interesting than WWE

Oh Jim Ross, are they going to release another grand slam crashing event on this Friday night on Pay-Per-View on the Switch!? It's going to be a match that's about to explode!

Dooz

Dolor Æterna
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Djibouti
I expected Atelier Ryza to be a trashy, thirsty-weeaboo, cash grab, but it's actually a lot better than I expected. There's a decent amount of variety in its gameplay and the battle system isn't just the standard turn-based, and it has fun little customization options. It's pretty decent. Not $60 decent, but $30 decent.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gust needs to stop putting these out so quickly, I just spent $300 to get all the Switch ones minus the Arland trilogy which I have on Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared