Atari Bringing Back Test Drive, Baldur’s Gate & Dungeons & Dra

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
  2. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Baldur's Gate without Bioware? meh..

I would agree with that if it weren't for that new Ready 2 Rumble game that is looking hideous [​IMG]

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I remember Test Drive 1 and 2 on the C64....loved those games. I had ALL the car and environment packs for TD2. I had 4, 5, 6, 7 and Unlimited on PC...7 and Unlimited SUCKED, but 4, 5 and 6 were decent for their time. I still like to play 6 every once in a while. I don't have much hope for any future versions though.

Balder's Gate....while a lot of people like it, I couldn't get into it. I think I'm just burnt-out on RPG's in general. I can never get more than just a couple hours into them and then I'm bored with them and stop playing.

D&D.....could be good.....there's a lot of directions that D&D games have gone over the years besides just RPG's. Demon Stone on PC was fun. If they make something BESIDES an RPG with D&D, I might be interested. I think it was the old Gold Box D&D games on the C64 which burnt me out on RPG's. I played ALL of them.

We can always hope Atari won't screw the games up, but their track record hasn't really been awe-inspiring as of late.

4. mkoo

Member mkoo GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    Too bad Bioware is no longer an independent developer.
    I'd rather have Interplay's in house team made BG3.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Baldur's Gate
    New engine and then I might be interested, I have played too many games with the snowblind engine.

Dungeons & Dragons
    I have played several games based on it, computers are now approaching the power to do something with the mythos as opposed to a crude implementation that everything thus far has been. Now if they are going to use the snowblind engine as much as I liked the xbox game (co-op mode) then can consider me out.

Test Drive.
    I think I played something on the PS1 (it was near launch) and it was awful. Arcade versions (if they exist and I am not imagining things) were much better.