TobiasAmaranth

OP
Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I'm going through hell and back just to try and get this blasted Daigasso Speaker Channel wad to work properly. When I start this channel after installing the wad, the system reboots instead.

People with PAL Wii's can run it just fine. Though I think the more common similarity might actually be that they're running 3.2 firmware. So I set out to try and accomplish this. And somewhere along the way, I think I toggled a switch I didn't need to, and made things overly hard on myself for no reason. I end up getting Ret = -1 when trying to do the downgrade. I've used 1.1 and 1.2. I've also used 1.0 but that downgrader just tells me 'Press any key to reboot the Wii' even though it didn't do anything.

Current system firmware is 3.3U
I have Anytitle Deleter, WAD Manager 1.3, All manner of Downgraders, and various other stuff at my disposal. I haven't had a hard time finding files I need either, as long as I know their names.

At this point, I'd like to either list all of my IOS and have someone who knows more tell me which to remove, or remove every one of my IOS and start from scratch with the TP hack itself. Trouble is, I have no clue which is better to do, or if it's even necessary.

As a side note, I can install other wads and channels just fine. IOS37 installer, and the downgraders, all give me Ret = -1. Any tips would be appreciated, so that I don't actually break something. I just remember seeing a video of someone using AnyTitle and clearing their whole IOS list, and ending up with a fresh Wii. I can't help but think that there's a better option, though.

anbu41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just reformatted my system memory.

MAKE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR MII's THOUGH!! I forgot to backup mines. T.T

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nutta_nic said:
google SystemMenu-v289.wad and install it, then you'll have 3.2u

Dunno if it really is neccesary, but to on the safe side first install ios30.
Both files can be extracted from the semi-brick fix disc available @ hackmii.com
Search the site for it and make sure to get the one for your region.
Use Wiiscrubber to extract the wads.

TobiasAmaranth

OP
Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
anbu41 said:
I just reformatted my system memory.

MAKE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR MII's THOUGH!! I forgot to backup mines. T.T

I have multiple other save files that would keep me from doing this, such as Brawl and Geometry Wars, that won't even let me copy them off. I know it's probably possible to manage copying them off with various wad utilities, but it seems excessive.

FRanatic said:
QUOTE(nutta_nic @ Feb 6 2009, 12:49 PM) google SystemMenu-v289.wad and install it, then you'll have 3.2u

Dunno if it really is neccesary, but to on the safe side first install ios30.
Both files can be extracted from the semi-brick fix disc available @ hackmii.com
Search the site for it and make sure to get the one for your region.
Use Wiiscrubber to extract the wads.

Just doing the first is probably not a good idea, since it can cause potential conflicts. And I assume that installing IOS30, then IOS289, means I've already removed all of my other IOS right? Because the Downgrader is breaking when trying do d/l and install the IOS30 in the first place with that Ret-1 error. And if that's the case, the real info I need is what IOS are entirely necessary in order to restore most basic functions to my Wii? (As in, playing my library of owned games, running the backup loader for the others, etc)

I think the main issue here is that I'm still trying to figure out how to get the Daigasso Band Brothers DX Speaker Channel to work on a blasted US console. I'd do a shop channel change and just use my code to d/l the Japanese version, but that probably isn't enough, and might cause other problems. Blast it all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte