Hacking At wits end, need help remodding my Wii. Not Bricked.

Frozen2Dream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, I have had enough of my Wii.

Not exactly sure what IOS/MIOS/CIOS or anything I have, but I have wiped my Wii with Any Title Deleter more then once.

It started out as me trying to get my USB to work with my wii, I was on 3.2. everything worked on it perfectly, Wii backups, Gamecube backups, etc.
for some reason (Dont ask me why) I thought USB Loader wouldnt work with my Wii until I updated. so I updated to 4.0
I have been wanting to do this for a while because of the SDHC compatibility. I found out the only reason my USB wouldnt load is because WBFS Manager somehow formatted my partition wrong.
So thats all fixed, but anyway.

When I updated and fixed my wii up with USB stuff, my gamecube backups would no longer run.
So I tried to reinstall what most guides come with, the mios patcher and DVDX.
Didnt work. I figured this was because I was on 4.0. I mean, it worked before I updated.
So, I downgraded via AnyReagon.

STILL didnt work.
So I wiped my whole wii from its IOS and other such things with AnyTitle.
come to find out everything fucked up, so I found a guide online with all the wads of ios I needed to install shit.

Needless to say I have been to hell and back with my Wii.
Sad part is, it loads, but im not sure if my Wii will load USB or GC right now.
I havent botherd trying to load USB yet. Since i want to fix one problem at a time.
No gamecube backups will load, at all, period.
The gamecube launcher shows its logo, no options show, and my wii simply reboots itself.

What I need from everyone is a small guide or something or a hand. Please give me the exact name of the version you want me to download.
I completely wiped my Wii again via Anytitle.
I am on a (should be) New like 3.2U with a upside down homebrew channel (I know how to fix this bug, so ignore this line of text), no IOS but the basic, a network connection.

Can someone lend me a hand and tell me what I need to get Gamecube Backups, and USB Loader working on my Wii.
I dont care what version(s). As long as it works.
Also, Id like the Gamecube Backup Launcher to have the version 0.2 or higher. Because it runs AR. (I think its 0.2)

there are so many verisons of things now, I lose track easily of what is compatible with what.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not an issue i have a torrent on a private site that includes all files for such things as well as a complete walkthrough, if u pm me ill send u an invite and u can grab the files/tutorial off there

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
Softmod any Wii, With Apps & Roms Version 3.5

Description
New Upload with many new features. Allows you to mod any wii from firmware 3.1 to 4.2 and also has all the basic homebrew programs to get you going including all apps to plays classic console roms and also to boot gamecube or wii backups. Now includes the roms themselves for Mega Drive/Genesis and SNES

Uploader's Note
This has all the newest updates for programs and also a slightly revised guide thanks to Tarni. Now includes WBFS Manager and guide, for use when loading games via HDD and loadsa roms to get you started, now included more updated emulators and dvd support in Mplayer if you have any questions or queries pm me or check out. Xtremespeeds Wii Modding Thread CLICK HERE

Thats the description of the file i uploaded

Frozen2Dream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yusuo said:
not an issue i have a torrent on a private site that includes all files for such things as well as a complete walkthrough, if u pm me ill send u an invite and u can grab the files/tutorial off there
Funny thing is.
If you have all the files needed, and guides, Id probably get lost.
Most people write guides for the newer Wiis. 4.0+
However, I just need my 3.2 to work again. Seeing all the different typed of guides would probably just confuse me.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the torrent i up'd has a guide for 3.2 to 4.2, you can mod any version and the files are there for you as i said ure choice

Frozen2Dream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yusuo said:
the torrent i up'd has a guide for 3.2 to 4.2, you can mod any version and the files are there for you as i said ure choice
My wii worked perfectly fine as 3.2
I would prefur to keep it there.

Frozen2Dream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
here r 2 of the best guides out there, do some research, if u still have problems, come back and let us know, best of luck

simplistic guide

complete softmod guide
according to your bottmo link. i need to install a Cios then the Mios, then use the backup launcher.
Just tried it, same deal.
Booted up, logo but no words, then just rebooted my wii.

Frozen2Dream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to fix the upside down homebrew thing by reinstalling homebrew.
I came across that "cant find a vurnable ios" error.
So I tried to update to 4.1 to apply a ios, then redowngrade, but it didnt work because some Cios was poping up giving error 1029.
So I just used anytitle again do just whipe my wii clean again.
Now I cant even boot my homebrew channel.
Nor can I install it, because of the "Cant find vurnable ios" error.
IM GOING IN CIRCLES -_-
Will someone acturally help me?
Im at my last limb here.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say you hit the big shiny Wii System Update button (yes, to 4.2) so you can get your IOS's back in order, then softmod the thing from there. Then don't bother downgrading the system menu since that seems to be where half your troubles come from.

Frozen2Dream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
I say you hit the big shiny Wii System Update button (yes, to 4.2) so you can get your IOS's back in order, then softmod the thing from there. Then don't bother downgrading the system menu since that seems to be where half your troubles come from.
How? lol
I get the error 1036
Yes, i have more then plenty of space on my Wii.

When I try to downgrade too for laughs again, to see if it would even work. I get a -1017 error and a hash BAD thing.

I think im pretty much fucked.
Is there any way to downgrade a 4.3 yet? I have a spare Wii, but I want to make sure that I can acturally downgrade it and use it like I want without fucking it up too.

Frozen2Dream

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frozen2Dream said:
FenrirWolf said:
How? lol
I get the error 1036
Yes, i have more then plenty of space on my Wii.
When I try to downgrade too for laughs again, to see if it would even work. I get a -1017 error and a hash BAD thing.

I just now tried to use Waninkokos updater too.
It says "Press A to continue"
Press A
Next thing I know it reboots my Wii.

I think im pretty much fucked.
Is there any way to downgrade a 4.3 yet? I have a spare Wii, but I want to make sure that I can acturally downgrade it and use it like I want without fucking it up too.
EDIT: I got homebrew on the 4.3
What do you guys suggest I do? Downgrade to 3.2? Downgrade at all? (4.0/4.1) or anything?
Not exactly sure what to do on the newer wiis without fucking things up.
Just follow the guide the guy gave me earlier on my 4.3?

EDIT AGAIN: uhh, I made two posts without noticing. Sorry.
EDIT 3.0: Damnit nevermind. Doesnt seem like I can even touch the 4.3 Wii with any downgrader.
for the love of christ..
what the hell am I supposed to do? My wii is stuck and wont update or downgrade or anything, wont really even start any homebrew without errors.
god damnit, I am so pissed off right now -_-
Edit 4.0: I got my homebrew channel back.
Still upside down though.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man, you are having some fun with that Wii, Not.

No such version as 4.3 ??

As previously stated, why not just update to 4.2 and be done with it.

Else, cant you back it back to before you started playing with it a via a NAND restore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate